Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 19-06-2015, 11:33 PM
Experiencer

My complaint with the Law of Attraction is that my experience has been this... yes, to a degree, you can use mystical principles to get "stuff".

If you're doing it the way it's sold by books like The Secret - you're not really doing anything beyond "thinking happy thoughts" and kicking yourself when you can't keep thinking happy thoughts. A lot of the LOA material out there right now is pretty shallow.

But occasionally, someone studies LOA, gets GOOD at it - scratch the surface... and they are not doing "The Secret". They are studying the use of focused intent, the use of reinforcing symbolism, meditation, energy raising, and often working directly with their mind states instead of just trying to "think happy thoughts". They may even study some traditional system that aims at teaching those things. Some may even start directing those same principles toward gnosis/mystical experiences or working with mind states, and not even focus on getting "stuff" at all.

well... there's a term for that, and it's *not* the nice, happy sounding "The Secret" type of thing that even your Fundamentalist Christian neighbors would approve of. It's a term with a *lot* of cultural baggage, and will you even say the word? A lot of popular LOA literature strikes me as a kind of sanitized version of magic, stripped of a lot of cultural baggage, which is probably why it seems so safe to people. If you draw a sigil you feel devilish but if you make a vision board, you feel like you're in kindergarten. Then it becomes easy to laugh it off and say it didn't work and you didn't REALLY use the occult. But actually, if it worked, and you actually believe in manifesting as any kind of supernatural/extranormal thing, then you did. It's just a much more socially accepted, sanitized Occult Lite.

Still and all - yes. There are some serious egoic traps. And in all paths; it even happens in self-denying paths and asceticism. You can be egotistical about being an ascetic monk. Spiritual materialism is a thing, just like regular old materialism is.
Old 20-06-2015, 01:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by noxlumina
My complaint with the Law of Attraction is that my experience has been this... yes, to a degree, you can use mystical principles to get "stuff".

If you're doing it the way it's sold by books like The Secret - you're not really doing anything beyond "thinking happy thoughts" and kicking yourself when you can't keep thinking happy thoughts. A lot of the LOA material out there right now is pretty shallow.

But occasionally, someone studies LOA, gets GOOD at it - scratch the surface... and they are not doing "The Secret". They are studying the use of focused intent, the use of reinforcing symbolism, meditation, energy raising, and often working directly with their mind states instead of just trying to "think happy thoughts". They may even study some traditional system that aims at teaching those things. Some may even start directing those same principles toward gnosis/mystical experiences or working with mind states, and not even focus on getting "stuff" at all.

well... there's a term for that, and it's *not* the nice, happy sounding "The Secret" type of thing that even your Fundamentalist Christian neighbors would approve of. It's a term with a *lot* of cultural baggage, and will you even say the word? A lot of popular LOA literature strikes me as a kind of sanitized version of magic, stripped of a lot of cultural baggage, which is probably why it seems so safe to people. If you draw a sigil you feel devilish but if you make a vision board, you feel like you're in kindergarten. Then it becomes easy to laugh it off and say it didn't work and you didn't REALLY use the occult. But actually, if it worked, and you actually believe in manifesting as any kind of supernatural/extranormal thing, then you did. It's just a much more socially accepted, sanitized Occult Lite.

Still and all - yes. There are some serious egoic traps. And in all paths; it even happens in self-denying paths and asceticism. You can be egotistical about being an ascetic monk. Spiritual materialism is a thing, just like regular old materialism is.

Occult means hidden.....nothing more. This knowledge not hidden so much as the people are distracted from it. One has only to look to see this ancient wisdom for themselves....it is self-evident if one can simply pay attention. The law of attraction is not magic. It is the universal law upon which all 'magical' traditions are based, it is the same principle at work behind a christian prayer or a cleansing ritual. The truth is that all of those systems which people such as you describe spend years or a lifetime mastering are completely superfluous. One can focus their intentions with or without a candle, with or without a magic wand, a crystal ball, a deck of cards, or a special incantation.

Mastery of this 'Law' is putting away those things which are a crutch, and knowing that the creative force is you.
Old 20-06-2015, 09:58 AM
Master
I use LOA or whatever we want to call it all the time and also manifestation. In fact I went to a Master Manifesters class once and was considerably better at it than the Instructor was. lol
Anyway, if one believes they need signals (whatever that is) or candles, or chants or anything else then one needs that.
If one believes they just need to love life in order to have abundance flow towards them then that's all they need.
If one believes they just need to ask - then that's all hat's needed.
I'm kind of a stream lined girl and have decided that all I need is to ask for something a few seconds in advance or a few minutes if I can remember to do so and it will appear as needed. And so it does.

My Higher Self has actually suggested I start manifesting a bit more luxury and not manifest so humbly - I'm working on that. lol Obviously though there is a hidden belief system that says I can have what is needed but luxury is not permitted and must be earned in the workplace or some such rot.
Old 20-06-2015, 12:52 PM
Master
Hi,

I agree with Crystal. Our beliefs about anything determine the structure for how it will work for us. The LOA is just one instance or example of that.

What the intellect will fail to see is the Power of Human Consciousness. No matter how many examples we have for that power of perception in creating physical reality, we never seem to get the point that the mind does indeed have domain over matter.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/