Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 02-03-2014, 11:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodan
There is a lot going on inside the brain than we don't know. Doctors can't even diagnose a person with dementia, as to whether or not the person has Alzheimer's disease or some other problem with the chemical activity in the brain.
Best they can do are subjective tests.

I was told by a neurologist there are no tests to do to see what the problem may be with a person's neurotransmitters, or even other areas. They can test for the adrenal and thyroid, sometimes those cause depression or mood problems.

From my point of view, I feel I have no emotional feelings toward things and events. For example, I would probably feel the same attending a wedding or a funeral.

Interesting man who says interesting things http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esPRsT-lmw8
Old 03-03-2014, 08:30 AM
neptvne

often times diet is the primary thing that is out of balance and this can have an extremely powerful effect on the psyche. fresh unprocessed food is best for balancing the body and therefore the mind. I'm not a fan of antidepressants, they only served to create more problems for me.
Old 03-03-2014, 12:54 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by neptvne
often times diet is the primary thing that is out of balance and this can have an extremely powerful effect on the psyche. fresh unprocessed food is best for balancing the body and therefore the mind. I'm not a fan of antidepressants, they only served to create more problems for me.

I'm not a fan of any type of prescription medicines, by no means.

I went down the rabbit hole too far to come back on my own, so I gave in and spoke to a doctor. The good thing in this, he referred me to a counselor, who will have sessions with me, probably have a psychiatrist examine me.

One side effect I don't approve of, is I no longer remember my dreams when I wake up. I'm thinking it's this sertraline I'm taking. Hoping when it kicks in ( six to eight weeks I was told ), I can remember them again.
Old 29-04-2014, 05:23 PM
Djurplagare89

My mum tried St. John's wort, but Ive heard that it could actually make it worse if you got a serious depression and is suicidal.

I didnt see any sign of improvement from it though... Keep standing skeptical to it. All I see is to be as occupied as possible doing things you really like, stay in nature, dog walking and take a coffee/tea with friends and family.
Old 12-05-2014, 01:23 PM
Experiencer

Update:

The Zoloft ( sertraline ) doesn't seem to be helping, at least I don't think so. Plan on weening myself of it. My family doctor & counselor think I should stay on it, and add another antidepressant SSRI drug.

Started taking L-tyrosine (an amino acid ) 500mg, twice a day, along with B-6.

Going to start taking 5-HTP, 50mg, twice a day, with this. This combination is supposed to normalize the neurotransmitters in the brain.

Someone posted exercise half hour a day. You are exactly right. Both my counselor and family doctor harp on me to start walking 30 to 40 minutes a day, every day.

I have cut way back on sweets, now I don't crave them. Craving carbohydrates is a sign the neurotransmitters are not balanced. When you crave sweets, eat protein, instead. Protein is what the brain needs.

I do keep crystal quartz rocks around my computer, and on my bedstand. I will try to get in habit to keep one or two in my pocket.

Meditation is on my list, too, but just like exercising, I'm having a hard time jump starting.

Now the the weather is warm where I live, and, I do have a good place to walk, going to start that.
Old 21-05-2014, 02:20 PM
Experiencer

Update:

For the last few days, I have been taking 1,000 mg of L-tyrosine, early in the morning, on empty stomach, along with 75mg of B-6. I do this again around 1pm. Also take cod liver oll ( liquid ) twice a day, with food, ( has vit D in it )

I also halved my dosage of Zoloft, ( from 100 mg to 50 mg ), and, getting ready to half it again.

Cut way back on my carbs and increased protein.

Haven't really go into excersising yet, but, I feel that coming as my energy is coming back.

The last three days have been great! I actually feel good and feel like doing stuff around the house again!

The anxiety/depression forum I'm a member of, don't have a section for natural remedies to help heal anxiety/depression, they just believe in medicines.

Does anyone know of an anxiety/depression forum, that has a section for those that want to follow a natural remedy approach? ( a forum that is dedicated to this topic )

Thank you
Old 22-05-2014, 08:25 PM
Knower
Hiya hun.May I say something here, as I accidentally ended up here as dont even use this part of the site yet lol.
Im not quite sure Sertraline is best pharmaceutical for you as Im getting the feeling you may be manic depressive not down depressed(meaning you have on off depression with a over possitive break from downside)...Im not a doctor(disclaimer), but I am an empath who has had manic depression for years, which is probably why with all feelings surrounding me.
I was put on sertraline and it put me into full blown mania, up up and away, over the top happy happy, but its not real.
If I am wrong and you are not MD or bipolar, I appologise for intruding...but if you are suggest to the doctor taking Mitarzipine instead as you will be able to sleep without taking extra medication and you wont be bouncing off the walls lol
I have also used st johns wort during milder periods and it helped immensly

Ever so sorry for blurting out just sometimes spirit wont shut up unless I do.
Feel better ❤❤❤
Old 23-05-2014, 01:14 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric_Dreams
Hiya hun.May I say something here, as I accidentally ended up here as dont even use this part of the site yet lol.
Im not quite sure Sertraline is best pharmaceutical for you as Im getting the feeling you may be manic depressive not down depressed(meaning you have on off depression with a over possitive break from downside)...Im not a doctor(disclaimer), but I am an empath who has had manic depression for years, which is probably why with all feelings surrounding me.
I was put on sertraline and it put me into full blown mania, up up and away, over the top happy happy, but its not real.
If I am wrong and you are not MD or bipolar, I appologise for intruding...but if you are suggest to the doctor taking Mitarzipine instead as you will be able to sleep without taking extra medication and you wont be bouncing off the walls lol
I have also used st johns wort during milder periods and it helped immensly

Ever so sorry for blurting out just sometimes spirit wont shut up unless I do.
Feel better ❤❤❤

I don't think I'm MD or bipolar, my counselor did several tests on me. The most recent test, shows I show moderate to severe attention deficit disorder.
And, I tested moderate to severe for anxiety/depression.

Anyway, the good news, I'm now down to 25 mg of sertraline, do plan on getting completely off it.

I've been taking approx. 1,000 mg of L-tyrosine( for the dopamine ) with 75mg B-6, in the morning, then, late morning/early afternoon, 500mg L-tyrosine with 50mg B-6.

Also started taking one tablespoon of spirulina, twice a day.

Today is my second day on 5-HTP, 100mg ( for the seratonin ) Just once a day, for now.

Yesterday was my best day for mood. I really felt great, and got things done around the house, and, actually liked being at work.

No more getting sleepy, yawning or taking early afternoon naps.

Just about at the point of beginning to exercise.
Old 23-05-2014, 01:47 PM
Knower
Oh..well in that case Im glad you are feeling better hun
And sorry for the intrusion⭐❤⭐
Old 25-05-2014, 02:38 PM
Experiencer

No intrusion. Glad for your concern and I always welcome peoples' advice.

Friday was my last day of 25mg of Zoloft, hopefully the amino acid and diet will work without any major side effects, and, looking forward to maybe getting some much needed exercise, too.