Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 14-08-2013, 06:16 AM
Knower
Any other natural remedies I could try for excessive ear wax?

I don't have time to go to the doctor (I work away from home 12 hours a day, every day for 6 weeks) and I have a few more weeks yet before i'm home and I am going crazy! My left ear has been blocked for the last month, this has happened to me before so I know all the doctor does is wash it out with hydrogen peroxide. I've been doing that, i've also been using some homeopathic ear drops I got at the health food store, i've also been using olive oil. I use these things once or twice a day and I also fully rinse my ear out with water afterwards and there is no wax on the kleenex when I wipe it out so I feel like i'm getting it all but I still can't hear out of my ear! I also have extra loud ringing (tinnitus) in that ear. Is there anything else natural I can try just using stuff in the kitchen? That's all I have to work with besides the eardrops and peroxide and oil. I also have noticed the last few days it is painful when I push on it, not all the time but just when I push on the outside, i'm assuming that is from wiggling it around and pushing on it to get the wax to move around in there. So that's another reason I want to avoid the doctor because when they do it, it hurts. If nothing works I will have to go to the doctor but that won't be for almost 3 weeks and i'm really going crazy hearing nothing but loud ringing and the sounds of my voice in my head and chewing and breathing! I also can't hear my alarm clock going off unless i'm laying on that side so my good ear isn't smooshed into the pillow! lol Ugh this is extremely bothersome, there's gotta be a way to get this out myself!!
Old 14-08-2013, 01:29 PM
Master

a) Probably not wise to mix remedies.

b) It could be deep rooted, compacted wax. Do you poke anything down there? That can 'ramrod' it into a compacted block.
My advice: Tonight, lie down on your side, head down, put some hydrogen peroxide in. If it fizzes and you feel movement within the ear then its deep compacted wax. Give it a minute or two, then before it has stopped fizzing, get up and lean right over the bed, head down. That should get things moving and the still active hp should help break things down on the way out. Sleep bad ear down so it can drain. You might need to do it for a few nights but it should work.

c) I think you need to back off after you've tried the above for a few nights. Let the ear dry out.... You've put so much stuff in there, you've probably turned it into a marsh!!! The ear should be dry. When its dry the wax will crumble.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 14-08-2013, 11:39 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
a) Probably not wise to mix remedies.

b) It could be deep rooted, compacted wax. Do you poke anything down there? That can 'ramrod' it into a compacted block.
My advice: Tonight, lie down on your side, head down, put some hydrogen peroxide in. If it fizzes and you feel movement within the ear then its deep compacted wax. Give it a minute or two, then before it has stopped fizzing, get up and lean right over the bed, head down. That should get things moving and the still active hp should help break things down on the way out. Sleep bad ear down so it can drain. You might need to do it for a few nights but it should work.

c) I think you need to back off after you've tried the above for a few nights. Let the ear dry out.... You've put so much stuff in there, you've probably turned it into a marsh!!! The ear should be dry. When its dry the wax will crumble.

I've already tried that hydrogen peroxide thing, it always fizzes, but then it calms down after about 5-10 minutes so I wash it out. I have tried using oil overnight and I have a spot on my pillow where it leaked out but that hasn't worked to open it up either. I am not poking anything in there, I know better than to use Q-tips, for the last like 10 years I've just washed the outside with a rag in the shower and then to get the excess moisture out I'll dab it with a kleenex. I have also tried going a few days without doing anything because I thought too it might be too wet in there but that hasn't changed anything either. Is it possible that it's so far down in there that it can never come out? Can it attach to your eardrum?
Old 15-08-2013, 09:43 AM
Master

If its fizzing there must be wax in there. Have you tried gently massaging the ear and neck when the hp is in there? Also moving your jaw side to side.
Have you tried the 'head down' thing?

Have you tried sleeping without pillows? Might help drainage.

In its natural state it isn't sticky, so when its dry...It can't 'attach' as such, though it can compact and dam as sounds like is the case here.

Is there any ear pain? i.e. a swelling obstructing the ear passage? Gland?

Old 15-08-2013, 09:44 AM
Master

PS: If its any consolation I have heard of so many people with similar problems this year....

Last edited by knightofalbion : 15-08-2013 at 12:36 PM.
Old 15-08-2013, 11:49 AM
Free_Spirit1983

Picking and eating it?
Old 15-08-2013, 12:27 PM
Master
I was introduced to Hopi burning ear candles and was amazed how much ear wax came out of my ears .

Every situation is an opportunity for healing, learning, growth and transformation.
Old 15-08-2013, 12:38 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz
I was introduced to Hopi burning ear candles and was amazed how much ear wax came out of my ears .

Yes, many people swear by them, but you need an experienced practitioner for that.

Not looked it up, but I suspect Edgar Cayce may have recommended something with castor oil.

Old 15-08-2013, 12:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Yes, many people swear by them, but you need an experienced practitioner for that.

I actually buy them online. They are easy to use, but you do need a friend to keep vigilant while it's burning in your ear and of course extinguish it afterwards.

Every situation is an opportunity for healing, learning, growth and transformation.
Old 16-08-2013, 05:59 AM
Knower
Quote:
If its fizzing there must be wax in there. Have you tried gently massaging the ear and neck when the hp is in there? Also moving your jaw side to side.
Have you tried the 'head down' thing?

Have you tried sleeping without pillows? Might help drainage.

In its natural state it isn't sticky, so when its dry...It can't 'attach' as such, though it can compact and dam as sounds like is the case here.

Is there any ear pain? i.e. a swelling obstructing the ear passage? Gland?

Yes I have been massaging it on the outside, I think that might be why it was painful for a few days (that is gone now, and I've been mostly leaving it alone for a few days). I did put my head upside down and that didnt work. I haven't tried sleeping without a pillow but I have issues with my neck and I get headaches and neckaches if I don't use this special orthopedic pillow I have, I'm sure I wouldn't get any sleep if I went without a pillow and I would be in pain the next day.

I noticed a change today though, (for the first time in a month!) when I yawn or burp with my mouth shut, for a SECOND it opens up, but only for a second! I haven't even done much to it the last few days, so maybe it is drying up, but I still can't get anything to come out so it's like it's dry in there but still blocked up except for those few seconds when I yawn or burp! lol I'm not sure now if I should keep leaving it alone or if I should try the oils and HP again now that it seems to be loosening up.