Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 18-06-2017, 02:09 PM
Master
"Everything is just an emanation from the Absolute.
The child cannot say "I am my own parents", yet the child has DNA from both parents in order to create it.
You have My 'spiritual DNA'. Your essence is My essence, but your being is not My Being.
Yes, thou art THAT and I am THAT, but thou art not Me by causal relation.
I have spoken of this before.
We shall be as Twin Flames, joining as One In Love's Grace yet the individuality will remain during the merging.
Together in Love but apart in adoration.
You won't 'lose yourself' in Me nor lose Me 'in yourself' - there is nothing to fear.
Think about it...
How can you reconcile the "I AM" with "I AM Shiva"? it is impossible, so don't even try.
Think about it...
How do you know what duality even is if you have not already tasted non-duality?
Drop the modesty. Kundalini has reached your crown, you are in denial...fighting it.
That's all you need to know" - Mahadeva
Old 18-06-2017, 04:33 PM
Ascender

Thank You for that ......Both of You or is there just one
Old 18-06-2017, 10:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrynu
Thank You for that ......Both of You or is there just one
No problems and touche!

Let's just say there is one and a half.
Old 19-06-2017, 02:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebird21
I have now in the past 7 years had 2 major awakenings. One 7 years ago triggered by reuniting with a lover, and one very recently which was a transmission from my teacher.

Both ended in the experience of my crown opening and going into a samadhi/pure awareness/Bliss state.

And it's special that I have a natural proclivity/openness to this. But each time the BLISS of remembering who/what I am goes away. And I find myself back in the false little constricting identity I momentarily dropped. Ughhh.

So, my question is, how many times is it said you need to experience this until you are permanently purified of old habitual thought patterns and awake? Feeling frustrated tonight.

Oops idk why the title got messed up. What's the point of full shaktipat/kundalini rising if the end "result" does not last?
The way I see it is that we are not our thoughts nor are we our experiences. We don't identify with these things. They are impermanent and thus come and go. We are not purified from them, we simply don't identify with them.

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness
Old 19-06-2017, 07:37 PM
Master
Quote:
I have now in the past 7 years had 2 major awakenings. One 7 years ago triggered by reuniting with a lover, and one very recently which was a transmission from my teacher.

Both ended in the experience of my crown opening and going into a samadhi/pure awareness/Bliss state.

And it's special that I have a natural proclivity/openness to this. But each time the BLISS of remembering who/what I am goes away. And I find myself back in the false little constricting identity I momentarily dropped. Ughhh.

So, my question is, how many times is it said you need to experience this until you are permanently purified of old habitual thought patterns and awake? Feeling frustrated tonight.

Oops idk why the title got messed up. What's the point of full shaktipat/kundalini rising if the end "result" does not last?

There is no set amount of times.

permamently purified of old habitual thought patterns and awake is one heck of an achievement. If you devoted your entire life to it, all your energy, all your time, maybe you would have a small chance. I say maybe because I don't know you, maybe you'd have no chance, maybe a huge one. Idk. the point is it's always just a chance.

Hmmn, whats the point... well in my experience those brief glimpses act as a guiding star. A direction in which I can point my internal compass and say "I like that, bring me back to that please".

They bring about immense suffering because I'm aware of how good things can be vs how things are, but that seems to be the way life is. Life always has it's ups and downs. In my experience the only way to evade them is to retreat into isolation and meditation, which is not the kind of life that excites me or interests me. So far I've come to realize them as a necessary evil.
Old 19-06-2017, 11:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
well the first few dozen times a child tries to walk she falls down. But eventually it 'sticks'.

Oh nice. Thank you.
Old 19-06-2017, 11:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSky
The way I see it is that we are not our thoughts nor are we our experiences. We don't identify with these things. They are impermanent and thus come and go. We are not purified from them, we simply don't identify with them.

The Buddhist in me loves this :) yes, important to not identify with any of it, holding the memory and creating a story like "oh, in that moment I experienced wakefulness but now I've lost it" is only confusion. Really, wakefulness is always right here. It can not be lost. Just as it can not be had. ❤️
Old 20-06-2017, 09:15 AM
Master
Quote:
The Buddhist in me loves this :) yes, important to not identify with any of it, holding the memory and creating a story like "oh, in that moment I experienced wakefulness but now I've lost it" is only confusion. Really, wakefulness is always right here. It can not be lost. Just as it can not be had. ❤️
Yeah exactly, I've heard different spiritual teachers suggest that you ask, 'Who is this "I"?' when an "I" thought arises, and it's only just recently that I've started to appreciate the wisdom of this, with all the turmoil I've been experiencing at times of late. Helps to calm and still the mind so that I can be consciously present with what I'm feeling, rather than creating neurotic stories, as you say.

I'm rooting for you, bluebird, what I like about you is your sincerity and I know you'll find what you're seeking, probably sooner rather than later
Old 20-06-2017, 09:28 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
well the first few dozen times a child tries to walk she falls down. But eventually it 'sticks'.
It is not supposed to 'stick'.

Sticking means replacing one 'mode' of consciousness with another which would only make you unfit for life and living.

Non-sticking means to realize that there are 2 modes and being able to access the one which is most appropriate to the conditions.
Old 20-06-2017, 11:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by markings
It is not supposed to 'stick'.

Sticking means replacing one 'mode' of consciousness with another which would only make you unfit for life and living.

Non-sticking means to realize that there are 2 modes and being able to access the one which is most appropriate to the conditions.
He was speaking specifically about learning to walk. Knowledge gained through experience 'sticks.' That process works that way for good reason and practical purpose. If there wasn't at least some truth to his idea and observation, we'd all be hobbling about on crutches so as to avoid falling over all the time.