Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 11-01-2017, 12:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
What it sums up to is: whatever happens, happens (to the exclusion of other happenings.
Yes, and that was my first observation. And I chalk that up to being written in the way it's written. But I can look further, into the intention, and see the wisdom in it.
Old 11-01-2017, 12:48 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by froebellian
I am opposed to the statements being called principles, and I respectfully disagree with all of them (sorry Baile).

I'm also automatically switched off when I see airy fairy writing, but if it works for you fine, but I see the danger in people deluding themselves in such rhetoric.

Free will exists thus nullifies 2, and 3, and 1 and 4 are based on soul goals, so the opportunity to learn x may have passed, but it's not over.

Agreed. It's too easy to get drowned in words. I have my doubts that spiritual principles exist. We individually have principles that we've synthesized from experiences, conditioning and so forth and have spiritual goals but the statements are questionable. I couldn't find any sense in making them.

Perhaps I ask too often what spirituality is really about. The closing statement made more sense than those principles.

Old 11-01-2017, 01:08 PM
Master
Wait?!? Are these "spiritual" principles? Because I understand them to be human principles: thoughts to live by sort of thing. The idea that spirit has principles, is as nonsensical to me as the notion of a God as a being who thinks and does stuff for His human children. Spirit just Is, it doesn't need principles given it already Is the thing these human principles are attempting to define.
Old 11-01-2017, 01:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
I am in the process of turning these into a religion, henceforth they shall be know as the Three Magnificent Capital T Truths.
LOL, Baile!
Old 11-01-2017, 01:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Do you actually agree with this?
I 'see' (meaning I 'think of') all word-concept-sequences as either spirit-inspirational articulations or practical life-navigation-faciltating engineering tool-devices, or some hybrid thereof - esteeming some to be more functional and others to be more dysfunctional, and frequently revising said assessments as I 'learn' from additional observation and experience.

The one's I 'resonate' with (and/or then 'use') at any given point are those which strike me as having the greatest potential to result in me and/or others having the most wonderful LOVE-n-JOY lift-off experience and consequent flight-expression (from that point into the thenafter wherever)

I 'resonated' most with baile's responses to date in this thread which, as a group, convey something similar to what I just said, I think.

I 'resonated' with other responses as well, however. Lot's of inspirational wisdom floating around in this forum-arena, I think-feel-n-believe!
Old 11-01-2017, 01:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
I 'see' (meaning I 'think of') all word-concept-sequences as either spirit-inspirational articulations or practical life-navigation-faciltating engineering tool-devices, or some hybrid thereof.
I do the same thing when building a deck for example. If I get too hung up on making sure the spaces between the deck boards are exactly and precisely 3/8 of an inch, I'm spending the summer sitting on the lawn.

Four principles of spirituality... not exactly the way I would have worded it, but close enough!
Old 11-01-2017, 03:49 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
I would then be simply conforming to some sort of hidden rule.

I've found the hidden rule is abundance.

Also regarding the "if". It certainly does not mean one cannot choose it in a later now. That could be the 5th principle.
Old 11-01-2017, 04:08 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Ha-ha!

There is another way of looking at this. Because do you think I've abandoned my understanding of karma here? Not at all. Indeed, the opportunity to learn x along path o (let's call it xoxoxo love-and-kisses understanding) may have come and gone. But how does that change anything that I spoke of, for example? It doesn't.

I don't need to know what x was. I don't need to look for path o. In fact I would say I can't know any of those things; these are karmic tasks that the soul might understand, but that remain hidden and obscured to the incarnated human. So as an incarnated human, the best I can do is choose, and then live and live with it, knowing I will deal with whatever my karma, in spirit when I return.

I may have been a little harsh in my approach, but what I was getting at when people 'state principles' people fall into the trap of thinking, "Oh I've done all that, so I am spiritual," and that's when people tend to fall into delusion.

While I accept you don't need to know what was x if you didn't achieve it this time around, and don't need to face it until next time, it doesn't mean it's 'over', but the opportunity for that lesson has passed for the present incarnation.

Now, for many they won't see this far ahead, therefore I am really addressing those who recall and have knowledge of previous attempts. It's really a case of just getting the job done when it feels right.

In my own life I have been conscious of choices and outcomes, and I have to take responsibility for them. While 'fate' may steer, we still choose to open the door or not, and I for one know that I have refused and paid the price, knowing full well I could have made my life easier. Sometimes I like to challenge things, simply because I can and am aware of it. Yes, it doesn't always work out, but being spiritual to me means at time testing yoru own boundaries of faith.

Save