Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 25-12-2016, 09:58 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kupava
E.g I go to read other forums and the topics are very mundane,should I buy a new car etc.
when you read a lot of very deep work on Spirtual matters,it's hard to read and relate to the mundane world where few people are talking about deeper matters.

How do you cope.
Philosophically in that the philosophical system I am applying does not establish opposites or contradictions between philosophical view and experience.
Old 25-12-2016, 12:16 PM
Master
You use the 'mundane world' as an opportunity and a tool of growth (so the spirits say).

Hidden within the oysters of the bourgoise are the pearls of opportunity for advancement - like the synchronicities of hidden wisdom - 'life lessons' we wouldn't learn any other way.

If faced with 'should I buy a new car' my response would be 'is anything wrong with your old one?'

However, when it comes to politics, sex and topics we are not allowed to discuss on here, they are the most mundane of them all and the conditioning of the media plays a big part in it.

All we can do is watch on in detached amusement and then glean enough about the subject matter to offer an informed opinion..but then the whole subject gets changed anyway...ever notice that?

At social gatherings, I am very quiet and just watch and listen to everybody else talk and interact - I am not a part of it even though I am there.

Occasionally somebody will acknowledge to remember I am still there and I will say a 'yes', 'no', 'maybe' or 'I don't know' response and then the conversation just goes on.

I'm just socially inept. lol
Old 25-12-2016, 12:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kupava
E.g I go to read other forums and the topics are very mundane,should I buy a new car etc.
when you read a lot of very deep work on Spirtual matters,it's hard to read and relate to the mundane world where few people are talking about deeper matters.

How do you cope.

I accept it is part of life.

Deep, surface chatter, it comes and goes in flow of itself and life. Immersion in the mundane can produce some deeper mundane which is often more to my liking.. depending on my attitude to it..It is surprising how a car conversation can twist and turn into something more, you just need a little social skilfulness to weave your magic..

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 25-12-2016, 02:56 PM
Master
I like mundane things too. I like shallow things. I admit it.

What I have a hard time with is people who are so hard-headed that they don't even see what is in front of their face. They don't see the magic. They think that intuition is something that they have, but they don't consider where it comes from.

If someone is mundane but a little talented and open minded, they can be very helpful. They have skills that they aren't aware of. They can help me with my work, even without awareness.

What I don't like is being treated like I am delusional. I have to be open about who I am and what I do. If someone shuts me down, then I don't like it. This is true for spiritual people as well. Some are very inflexible. I am too, and I can't be swayed. There is usually common ground to be found as long as both parties are at least accepting. I am accepting of other ways. There are many paths and all have merit. I don't like being talked down to as if I am ignorant. It happens here.

I don't talk about my spiritual stuff when there are other things to do, but I might mention something here or there and I want that to be accepted as a variation of normal..It is. Some people are not tolerant and I am not tolerant of that.

I really like people and their situations. I watch tv sometimes. I go grocery shopping and I like to shop online and buy things that I don't really need.

I used to be mundane, so I know the difference
Old 25-12-2016, 03:16 PM
Ascender

Also, I might add; as much as people like to specify what spirituality is; everyone is of spirit, and mundane matters still speak to the heart and express the currents of life in other ways--

Personally, while it can be tedious to deal with; I must still keep my head around corners to see what spirit is really up to, while I claim be spiritual--
Old 25-12-2016, 04:44 PM
Master

besides -

as above so below
Old 26-12-2016, 07:21 AM
Master
Christmas is a time when the mundane takes on its own life.

I spent yesterday with my parents - we sat around eating shrimp, drinking shandies and discussing the world's immigration problem whilst the Vienna Boy's Choir was doing a 'Christmas thing' on the radio. My parents stayed overnight and today we went down to the mall for the Boxing Day sales and we just came home after buying nothing and my father was pumping seafood into me like I was a ravenous shark...fried barramundi, banana prawns, green-lipped mussels and salt and pepper squid.

Now I am like a stuffed pillow and I'm in pain...and I love seafood, I adore it...but I am way over the limit and I don't think I'll be able to look at another prawn for a while...

I just exist in the mundane world because what other choice do I have?

Especially when my whole family goes 'tag, you're it this year' and one has to organise a Christmas party for 6 people...

I didn't want to do it of course, but I'm like "okay, but you all get to eat the food I like if I'm gonna be doing it". lol

There are so many New Year's resolutions I got for 2017 - so many...becoming a vegetarian is one of them.
Old 26-12-2016, 06:09 PM
Suspended
Guide

When focused on one topic, other matters seem mundane/trivial ...
This is often the case w/newbies who are in the midst of learning whatever they find to be of great importance ...
Blending "it" into daily life can be a problem due to an over emphasis on the "it" as well as not creating balance ...
It's not about completely & immediately changing old beliefs, its about incorporating new ones smoothly while staying connected to one's self & to others ...
Many people make the mistake of critizing normal everyday activities to somehow prove to them self & others they are on a higher level from the rest of the population ...
Its merely driven by arrogance to separate one's self by using spiritualism or religion as a justifiable yet pretentious attempt in believing one is more intelligent, holy like, perfect or whatever the intent is for it ...

Take into consideration the many types of spiritual & religious leaders, if anyone of them did not show interest &/or compassionate &/or try to empathize/understand any topic of discussion s/he would readily be dismissed ...
People skills are necessary, interest in a topic is helpful but can also evolve in different directions at any given time ...
Come down to earth, go out into the world to assimilate &/or connect w/other people on any level possible, you'll find meaning in just being w/a person or # of people rather than trying to make connections solely on-line ...
Old 26-12-2016, 07:36 PM
Administrator
Hello

It i not easy I am a Medium/Psychic and well I see dead people and can talk to them like I do the living at times. A friend of mine and fellow spiritual traveler said to me once "surely you do not openly go around telling people you see dead people. " in the context of being asked what you do with your time.

I was like yes I do I have shed that need in me to hide, what and whom I am, as one's go not hide saying to a stranger "God Bless You" if one sneezes not knowing if that person follows God. So I see no difference in me being open.

What it takes to be comfortable in both worlds is that place of self confidence and that place of protections. I know well I live in a part of the World that is open enough for me to be me, now I get this is not the case. If I was in a more unstable place I might well have to find a different approach to stating me.

If one walks around trying to accept the mundane one bottles too much up that needs to be rooted to grow. Gets on that Hamster Wheel and goes round and round not seeing how to get off it. In Tarot the Wheel of Fortune Card, show that going round and not the clear path forwards.

One has to break free in steps to be understood, its a path of growth and personal journey in explorations of being confident enough to share aspects of self that are there to be shared. What I have come to find often is that we have others in our life path that too want to discuss such things but not have that outlet either.

Its all that spiritual path if we look around and see the signs there that are spiritual. At times its the simple message on the outside of a church board, where you might go OK too God for me but if that is struck from it there is a message. Same with ad's at times, if you take out the promoted product there might be a message there that is deeply spiritual.

One recently I do like is about a man that has split with his woman and is looking for some closure. The add is about a fragrance product that hold onto a scent for a long time. He smells it and goes how am I to let go when it still smells like her.....? Then he tosses it into the ocean tide.

Silly commercial but if I take the product out of it and the silly way its presented there is a deep spiritual message there. This is about letting go, setting her free from him, in all aspects of the scenes. Water is a cleaning material and the ocean is a place where one sets things free.

So in the day to day world I can see the spiritual world in all of it. Maybe the one that wrote such a commercial did understand the spiritual side of release, or maybe not. Maybe this was their way of sharing what they understood in some way.

Lynn
Old 26-12-2016, 11:07 PM
Master
Kupava - keep doing your inner work and opening your heart to Love. It is indeed difficult for many including myself to be incarnate and deal with the physicality and seemingly mundane aspects of life.

One gets to a point in which they realize the Divine is in the mundane just as much as anything else. The mundane becomes the most sacred.