Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Welcome

Old 07-09-2016, 04:39 AM
Knower
I'm Looking Forward to This

Hi, everyone.

I found this website Saturday night, and I registered the next night. I spent the next two days writing and rewriting my introduction. I had noticed that most other posts here are very brief, but I just kept rambling on anyway. Just a little while ago I logged in to paste my introduction into this box. Luckily, I decided to read a few more posts before submitting my own. I have now wisely come to my senses and have whittled this down to a more reasonable length.

I am a lifelong "student" of spirituality (no denomination or affiliation). I'm very partial to the "God is Love" / "Love is God" point of view. I held that belief long before I knew it was backed up by thousands of NDE accounts; nonetheless, it still did my soul a world of good when I read several hundred of those accounts a few years ago.

I still totally believe in the "God is Love" / "Love is God" point of view even though I myself have been very unlucky when it comes to love. It all started for me when I found my soulmate 31 years ago this week, at age 24. My heart knew who she was the instant I saw her, before my brain even had a chance to think. She fell head-over-heels in love with me not long thereafter.... But she turned out to be forbidden.... We thought we were skilled enough to safely skate around at the top of the slippery slope. Silly us.... Poor us in the long run.... [To be continued...]

Anyway, I was really happy to find this website. To tell the truth, I actually, intentionally did a Google search for this type of site, figuring there must be something like it out there somewhere. This is the first time in about eight years that I've felt like writing anything of a personal nature for internet consumption.

Well, I'm going to click that "Submit New Thread" button now....

Sincerely...

Last edited by Just Because : 07-09-2016 at 05:59 AM.
Old 07-09-2016, 08:48 AM
Master

A very warm welcome to the forum, dear JB

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 07-09-2016, 09:04 AM
Guide
Hello and welcome, Just Because..
Old 07-09-2016, 10:28 AM
Master
Welcome, Just Because...
There's a soulmate subforum, when you're ready to share, of course...looking forward to your story.
Old 07-09-2016, 12:43 PM
Master
Welcome to the forum Just Because and I am sure you will enjoy the twin flames and soulmates sub forum and share your story and many others. We are looking forward to hear from and interact with you
Old 07-09-2016, 05:30 PM
Deactivated Account

Welcome Just Because, happy to have you here

Old 07-09-2016, 11:33 PM
Knower
Thank you, Everyone

Thank you very kindly, knightofalbion, fayette, Faith33, shoni7510 and Clover.

When I did my Google search last Saturday, I actually searched for the phrase, "soulmate forums." The top hit was SF's "Soulmates & Twin Flames" forum. I eagerly clicked the link and read several threads. I knew that's where I would post my own soulmate story (or stories) if I could find the courage to register. I was closer to wanting to join this site than I had been any other site in years. I was still a bit too hesitant to do it right then, because I've been very comfortable just being a silent observer on the internet; after five years of blogging, I totally burned out in 2009).

The next day I returned to Spiritual Forums, and it suddenly crossed my mind that there might be a "Music" forum here. When I found it, that was the final straw. I registered shortly after reading several of the Music threads.

With the exception of reading those several hundred NDE accounts, music has been the only "spiritual therapy" that has worked for me in the past bunch of years. Last year, I inadvertently went on one of those really long, unexpected "detours" that is so easy to do on the internet. I was searching for any new uploads of songs by a particular group. While watching one of their videos (again), I noticed a video by another musician in YouTube's right-hand column. In it, she plays the same song that that group is playing in that video. Until then, I had rarely bothered to click on videos by unknown "amateurs," but in this case I was curious to see how anyone could possibly play that song on that instrument (I'll share details and links in the Music forum when I finally graduate from Newbie status and am allowed to post links ). So I clicked on it. Keep in mind that I was in a very rare melancholy mood that day. Within a minute I was awestruck, speechless, ecstatic, etc. I couldn't stop shaking my head in disbelief. As I watched her face and her movements, I honestly felt as if I was watching her soul play that instrument, and she was just along for the ride (over 2,500 other viewers, so far, say they were as awestruck as I was). I couldn't get enough of her. I couldn't get enough of that instrument, and I couldn't get enough of that song for the first time in my life. I never realized that it is as moving and inspirational as it is. That video started me on a long and very successful search for equally inspiring performances on YouTube. Many of the performances I found that day were magical therapy for my soul.

I immediately shared that video and a few others with my real-world acquaintances, but none of them were moved. I knew in advance that they aren't the right type of people to feel what I felt, but I "needed" to share with someone. For the past year I've been trying to think of the best place to share. When I found SF's Music forum last Sunday I knew I had found it. If even one person here finds them as inspiring as I do, then it will have been well worth it for me. I say "even one person" because I know that most people, even most spiritually oriented people (including me), aren't always in the right mood to feel the magic; then a month later, for a few hours, they are.
Old 08-09-2016, 10:46 AM
Master
Music....

Where music is concerned, I tend to listen to what is classed as 'New Age' material for the most part, celtic and Pan Pipe music does strike a cord with me... Also have something of a passion for smooth sentimental jazz...

Nowadays, for most on my music, I turn to Amazon, where I'm a Prime customer, so there is an abundance of music for me to choose from... Listening to it costs nothing extra...

What sort of music do you prefer???

Robbie.....

Never search for answers. Wait patiently until they are placed before you, which will be when you can unconditionally accept: and live those answers...

Old 08-09-2016, 09:54 PM
Knower
Keep on rambling! I love when people express themselves in a way, they want us to read it. I did that myself, so dont hold back your thoughts to share hehehe. I also been unlucky with love and the "forbidden(?)" anyway, God is Love! first to ourselves, and then to others. I read your story, music for the soul, is a good thing. But, ohh, where's my manners. I meant to say in the beginning, before I start rambling myself:::: Welcome to the site, you said, there must be something like it out there somewhere. Yes there is indeed a place. IChill out, but remember we make our Own kind of music in life. -One love
Old 09-09-2016, 02:22 AM
Knower
Hi, Robinski78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinski78
...I tend to listen to what is classed as 'New Age' material... Also have something of a passion for smooth sentimental jazz... ...What sort of music do you prefer??? -- Robbie.....

Hi, Robinski78.

I listened to New Age music fairly regularly from 1988 to 1994. Two New Age programs aired every Sunday night from 9:00 to midnight on South Dakota Public Radio. I have never cared much for MOST new-age songs (true of any genre), but there are some excellent exceptions. I always listened to those two radio programs because there were some real gems thrown into the mix every once in a while, two or three of which I will be sharing in the Music forum.

I listened to my first "new age" song in 1975, at age 14. A friend made me listen to side one of Mike Oldfield's "Tubular Bells" (I'm sure you know that one). He told me, "You won't like it the first time, but you will the second time." I don't know if he influenced my mind by saying that, but he was right. I listened to it regularly after that, from 1975 until the mid 1990s (and intermittently after that). I eventually bought several of Oldfield's other albums too, including "Ommadawn" and "Hergest Ridge."

As for other genres, I listen to too many to name in this Welcome forum, with the exception of what I mention next: I love pop instrumental hits from the 1950s through the early 1980s. I have several hundred in my collection. The best of the best of them really lift my spirits when I need it most. I also love thousands of forgotten pop hits from the 1940s to the 1990s, with most being from the 1970s. The "oldies radio stations" ruined my fondness for the roughly 500 oldies that they have been playing ad infinitum, ad nauseam for roughly the past 35 years.