Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 07-07-2011, 01:44 AM
Guide
How to Deal with Evil

How do you deal with Evil in your life? Is there such a thing as Holy Anger and Enlightened Justice? Exactly how do you deal with people who are are bad/wicked/evil? And what is the ideal punishment for such actions deemed as bad or evil?

(I know Evil is a strong word. And you may not believe in it's existence. For the purpose of Philosophical Conversation I suggest you dismiss the label entirely and replace it with Bad or Wicked or etc.)
Old 07-07-2011, 01:50 AM
Rivendoah

I think it is hard to say if some one is evil... I think maybe their actions can be evil... along with the good things they might have done... I think it is always shades of gray when you look at the life of another person... even when they have done great harm to the innocent... I think about this a lot... and it seems there are no easy answers...
Old 07-07-2011, 02:16 AM
avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoughtOnFire
How do you deal with Evil in your life?

Prayer, meditation, exhortation, law enforcement.

Quote:
Is there such a thing as Holy Anger and Enlightened Justice?

Enlightened justice, maybe. You would have to properly define it. I have a problem with the notion that broken human beings can have "holy" anger though. Holy indignation would seem to be reserved for celestial authorities.

Quote:
And what is the ideal punishment for such actions deemed as bad or evil?

Most cases actions that are simply "bad" should not be punished.. And then you would have to ask yourself what authority you have to administer whatever supposed punishment. I would assume like in the court system, any kind of punishment would be a case-by-case thing depending upon the severity of the actions.

But to negate my entire post, I believe in total and radical forgiveness. Any judicial way of thinking about evil and punishment puts me off.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:23 AM
Rivendoah

I agree avenger... however I do feel we have a right to live without fear... if someone who commits acts of aggression is so broken that they will continue to hurt others... then they should not be allowed to be free to do so...
Old 07-07-2011, 02:24 AM
Gracey

Quote:
How do you deal with Evil in your life? Is there such a thing as Holy Anger and Enlightened Justice? Exactly how do you deal with people who are are bad/wicked/evil? And what is the ideal punishment for such actions deemed as bad or evil?

(I know Evil is a strong word. And you may not believe in it's existence. For the purpose of Philosophical Conversation I suggest you dismiss the label entirely and replace it with Bad or Wicked or etc.)

i deal with it as it comes and if it affects me, i recover through empathy and eventually forgiveness.
justice to me is you reap what you sow...eventaully will lead to enlightenment.
how do i deal with them? cautiously
ideal punishment is their own misery (conscious)
Old 07-07-2011, 02:45 AM
mattie

Giving 'Evil' Its Power

Move away from the entire polarized concept of good/evil. Bad or wicked is in the same polarized category.

Those who are low frequency negative energies have their own issues to deal w/. It isn’t necessary for us to take in their energy. We have more than sufficient ability to decline to share it.

If those who are negative cross over into behavior that is unlawful or violating your rights, call the cops. Don't put up w/ abusive behavior. If they are just negative energy sumps, work on establishing your own energetic sovereignty & ask why you’re inviting their energy into the sanctity of your energy field.

Looking at others as evil likely gives them MUCH more power than they deserve. Low frequency energies aren’t powerful at all. They are really pitifully weak. Our fear of them gives them the ability to scare us though. We give them this power. Organized religion (multiple ones) has worked long & hard for 1000s of years to convince us that we are powerless to evil. Disinformation. Those who are energetically savvy in these religions know that fear of anything is more than sufficient for us to remain at a low frequency. Job security for those who convinced us that they were our NECESSARY connection to the spiritual world. We now KNOW we can make this connection our self quite nicely.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:34 AM
Topology

There is a line between freedom of expression and abuse of another. I carry a Guardian energy that patrols the line and protects the sacred from being violated. When I find someone has crossed that line, I put them back on the other side of it, point out the line and say do not cross it again. Repeated violations get escalated energetic responses and the line gets placed further out for that person until they learn to honor and respect the sacred and to honor and respect the line. After that, the line can go back to where it was.

I don't like to use the term "evil" and i do not see people as evil. For the most part people are ignorant and inconsiderate. I am always willing to forgive and forget so long as the behavior/energy/intent doesn't get repeated. I will guard the space until I feel that the lesson is learned.

I don't really have to fight when it comes to these kinds of confrontation. I can simply stand in my power and in full awareness of the offending party. When they become aware of me being aware of them, they know what they're doing and that I know what they're doing. If that doesn't get them to back down, then I will ask them to leave until they can respect the space. They are welcome to return when they learn how to be respectful.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:42 AM
Ascender

I can't add much to what's already been said. But generally, if a person is doing wrong things to you, you have a right to deal with it as you see fit, within reason of course. You shouldn't bow down and be passive but firm and severe. Do what you think will benefit them in the long run, whether its a berating or a reprimanding or whatever. Don't let their negative vibes dominate your life. Resolve the issue and move on.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:18 AM
mattie

Useful Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROM
... if a person is doing wrong things to you, you have a right to deal with it as you see fit, within reason of course. You shouldn't bow down and be passive but firm and severe. ... Don't let their negative vibes dominate your life. Resolve the issue and move on.

Good point about standing up for one’s rights. Being peaceful doesn’t mean letting others run all over us or abuse us. Being a pacifist isn’t the same as being passive although these 2 seem to be often used as synonyms.

Also useful guidance about being in charge & not letting others’ ‘negative vibes dominate your life.’
Old 07-07-2011, 12:12 PM
Master
i don't deal with "evil". i see no point in it. i live simply in the woods and seldom leave my land. i try not to allow "evil" to leak in from the outside so i hardly ever watch TV. i vet my friends thoroughly. and when some "evil" thought arises from somewhere in my unruly subconscious i follow it's trail back to it's origins and vanquish it there.

"evil" could perhaps find me if the human world went totally awry but thus far human idiocy remains beyond my gate. my mate and i have the means to protect ourselves and the sign on our gate reads "no trespassing".