Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 31-08-2011, 10:03 PM
Master
Even though it's good to know one's weight from time to time, I say throw away the scales and just do the exercise that you ENJOY! I like walking and yoga, swimming and dancing. I learned free weights and like Tony Little's routines.

Old 01-09-2011, 02:35 AM
Sundialed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Even though it's good to know one's weight from time to time, I say throw away the scales and just do the exercise that you ENJOY! I like walking and yoga, swimming and dancing. I learned free weights and like Tony Little's routines.

exactly that which you enjoy is the aim. but again sometimes what you don't enjoy is what brings you bueno benefits, but i am not here to argue. sometimes i like to skip down the street! backwards forwards sideways all ways. it's fun and a good exercise. why doesn't anybody skip anymore lol.
Old 28-09-2011, 07:19 AM
Miran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kureigu
They are truly amazing, In january 2010 i couldnt run a mile, now i can run 9/10 miles without stopping, av done really well for myself, wish there was more and more people running and doing something about there health rather than sitting in pubs allday getiing tipsy.

Edited by SF Staff

Quite amazing isn't it? I started running a year or two ago, like you I couldnt run a mile. At one point I was running 7 some odd miles.. I never did 9 or 10 mile runs, but I'm fairly confident I could have. I often do 3.5 mile runs during the week with a flat terrain.On the weekends I run 4 miles with a different route that includes a lot of up hill terrain.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:13 AM
Racer X

The Benefits of Running

include but not limited too:
staying out of jail
not getting beat up by bullies......as often
being eaten by lions, tigers and bears........ food runs
Old 04-12-2011, 12:49 AM
Master
I think a brisk walk bets running any day, and there is also less wear and tear on the body in a fast walk.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:26 AM
Master
hill walking preferably for me, if i could. did running for a while, pounding the ankles, all explosive no implosive like tai chi, yoga. i see folk running on roads, listening to the music with that "i'm gonna be fit" look in their eyes, whilst inhaling fumes, looking in pain. you get more from a hill walk, looking at nature, fresh air, peacefull, nice view + exercise. gym, weights, running all send energy away from the centre to the muscles...tai chi, yoga sucks energy in, implodes it to the centre, nourishing organs, bones, tendons and muscles. the universe is predominantly implosive. explosive activity is necessary, but it's always overdone. you should feel better after exercise, not just the endorphin rush but feel energised, not requiring any recovery time.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 14-12-2011, 10:26 AM
Freeda65

There are a number of different benefits which an individual can gain from running on a regular basis. There are some runners who run simply for the joy of running but there are others who run because they realize there are a great deal of benefits which can be gained from rigorous exercise such as running. Some of these benefits may include weight loss, improved cardiovascular health, improved bone health, improved mood and better coordination. This article will briefly describe how running can result in each of these benefits.

Those who are looking to lose a few pounds often find running to be one of the most effective forms of exercise for helping them to achieve their ideal body weight. Running is an excellent form of exercise for losing weight because it requires a great deal of energy. This energy requirement means the body burns a large number of calories while running. The number of calories burned while running is typically significantly more than would be burned during less taxing forms of exercise such as walking or doing yoga. The simplest formula for weight loss includes burning off more calories than the individual consumes. When this type of calorie deficit is created, the body begins to shed excess weight in the form of fat. In order to lose one pound of body weight, the body must create a calorie deficit of 3500 calories. This is equal to burning 500 calories per day. Most runners can easily burn off this many calories in less than one hour of exercise. The number of calories burned while running depends on a number of factors including the individual’s weight, the intensity of the workout and the efficiency of the runner. Improved cardiovascular health is another benefit of running. Some of the benefits of running include lowering the blood pressure and helping the arteries to maintain their elasticity. While runner, the arteries expand and contract approximately three times as much as they do when you are sedentary. This means you are not only working out to improve your physical appearance but also the overall function of your body. In doing this the risk of heart attack and stroke becomes diminished.

Running is also beneficial for slowing down the aging process. Those who run regularly are less likely to experience bone and muscle loss as they age at the same pace as those who do not run regularly or at all. The bones grow and become stronger by responding to physical demands. Those who lead a rather sedentary lifestyle do not put this type of demand on their bones and as a result the bones may become weaker. When this happens the individual is more likely to be susceptible to osteoporosis as they age. Conversely, those who run on a regular basis are continually taxing their muscles and their bones so the bones are stimulated to remain stronger and do not as easily weaken with age.
Old 22-12-2011, 06:16 PM
Bhishma

I love to run ;)
Old 01-02-2012, 12:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by breath
I love running, but currently I'm only happy doing it on a treadmil. I'm, in the nicest possible term, viking-esque and when I run down the road people run away from me. Maybe a technique to get other people to run? lol chase them!

I do run on treadmills every weekend though, and I love it. But they say a mile on the treadmill is equal to quater of a mile on the road. Ah well. It's nicer for me, because with a treadmill I can close my eyes and listen to the rhythem of movement, and it can put me into quite a trance.

It's such a natural feeling to run, maybe one of the only primitive things we can till do today without too much attention.

lol, maybe I should deliberately dress up like a viking and go for a run, maybe start a trend. 'The Pillage Run!'
LOL, Breath...you should get out there and enjoy anyway. I like to run/jog on trails. I don't like roads, I guess I'm too self-conscious. I don't like traffic passing me. I don't even like to be on trails and passing people. I go early morning or closer to evening. I can deal with one place I go with the people that go there regularly like me to hike and jog.

I have to get out there and jog...i love to run, but when I put some pounds back on just recently, I feel like lard. I hate it. I feel like I have to start all over again. I wish I could run a whole mile without stopping here and there. Maybe it's just in my mind that I have to stop because when I run, I feel awesome, but then at any given time, I'll feel like ****...and have to stop instantly, walk for a bit, then continue on.

I went out yesterday for the first time in a few months and attempted to jog and I felt good briefly, then ugh...p*ssed me off.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:18 AM
Sundialed

Way to revive this bad boy lol.

I just bought some Vomero 6's. Can't wait for the snow to go away and try em out. Don't know if i'll get a gym membership.. prob not.