Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 06-01-2012, 09:48 AM
goldentimes

What is wicca?

Hi All, In my early days I was told by a witch who went to a coven that a wiccan is an religious witch.

So all this time I'd think of myself a witch with a touch of religion as I follow the witchs rede and I love my sun god/horn god, goddesses and Mother earth and all her lovely nature. I also use tools for spells, and rituals and so on.

My question is, Am I called a wiccan or can I call myself a witch?

And also I love doing craft in and round the home, so I call myself a cottage witch, but can I also call myself a wiccan?

Love to hear from you
Old 06-01-2012, 10:07 AM
Lostgirl

Traditional craft doesnt have a rede - the rede is wiccan so that might help a little lol!

If you search the forum for "Wicca 101" (i think thats the title) or search for Norseman he has posted an amazing thread regarding exactly what you are asking.

Traditionalist crafters dont have morals (apparently) and practice "black" magicks (depending on whether you believe in white or black magick i think its all to do with intentions not whehter its black or white) as well as "white" magicks. Where as Wiccans follow the rede, harm none etc etc.

If you want my advice (you might not but i shall give you it anyways lol ) if you need to find out "what you are" or "who you are" then do but i would say dont worry about labels. I searched for ages to find out what my path is or whatever and now i just settle and say i am who i am, i believe what i want and no one can tell me who or what i am, because they dont know xx
Old 06-01-2012, 01:20 PM
Master
goldentimes, all wiccans are witches but not all witches are wiccan ! There is an argument about covens which has rumbled on for decades - the majority of British wiccans are solitaries.
Turning back to witchcraft, it really should be written as Witch Craft i.e. the Craft of the Witch - very ancient ! Wicca is New Witchcraft which bears little resemblance to the original. Dont worry about this question - as Lostgirl said, you are what you are.
There is path which is new but also old, the path of the Hedge Witch and this might be right up your street
Find it here
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=4753

If you are into history, there is also this :-
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=27679
[rather long and a bit heavy in places ]
Old 06-01-2012, 01:54 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostgirl
now i just settle and say i am who i am, i believe what i want and no one can tell me who or what i am, because they dont know xx

I relate to that, people would classify me in many different ways, but it zero down to what you said Lostgirl and I came to the same conclusion!

Peace

"The mystery of human existence lies not in just staying alive, but in finding something to live for.” -Fyodor Dostoyevsky

"Treat others the same way you want them to treat you." (Master Yeshua)
Old 06-01-2012, 07:16 PM
Occultist

Wicca is a religion created by Gerald Gardner it combines old ways and new type rituals it is not witchcraft but it is a off shoot of it. Its a religion Witchcraft is a daily walk and magick weaving and a way of life.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:57 PM
Quintessence

I'd suggest worrying a bit less about what to call yourself and focus a bit more on the substance of your practices. I know there's an urge to slap a label on yourself, but the sad truth is there is a lot of disagreement and ambiguity over the meaning of said labels within the community. Work on your path. Do some research. Eventually you might come to an answer.
Old 07-01-2012, 12:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence
I'd suggest worrying a bit less about what to call yourself and focus a bit more on the substance of your practices. I know there's an urge to slap a label on yourself, but the sad truth is there is a lot of disagreement and ambiguity over the meaning of said labels within the community. Work on your path. Do some research. Eventually you might come to an answer.

Herro Quint.
Old 07-01-2012, 06:55 PM
Lostgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence

Completely agree

However i can understand the need for a label. Its hard when you have been searching for yourself and to find out "who you are" and all that other deep and meanigful rubbish, and when you get there, find like minded people etc etc, you dont know what its called!
Old 08-01-2012, 07:12 PM
Master
Modern Physics today, as well a the ancient teachings, tell us that the world we think is so real is in fact an illusion, and not the greater reality and Truth.

"Reality is merely an illusion. Albeit, a very persistant one."
Einstein

Here is the Truth of who you really are:
http://www.angelsghosts.com/angels_what_are_they.html

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 08-01-2012, 08:10 PM
Lostgirl

Considering this is a wiccan forum im guessing the website which talks about jesus and angels doesnt really apply......