Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 22-09-2019, 11:43 PM
Seeker
Voices or "Voices".

I think this is a very clear question between science and spirituality. When or how do you tell if you are hearing spiritual voices and when you are hearing voices? I mean, hearing voices is a common indicator of schizophrenia, and the belief that one has telepathy, and has had their mind plundered, assaulted, violated, is also a classic symptom. The person hears voices speaking to them, voices that know deep dark secrets and details no one else should know, but the person never realizes that all the information is there because it is coming from themselves. My question is, how do you tell the difference?

"In psychiatry, thought broadcasting is the belief that others can hear or are aware of an individual's thoughts.[1]

Thought broadcasting can be a positive symptom of schizophrenia. Thought broadcasting has been suggested as one of the first rank symptoms (Schneider's first-rank symptoms) believed to distinguish schizophrenia from other psychotic disorders.

In mild manifestations, a person with this thought disorder may doubt their perception of thought broadcasting. When thought broadcasting occurs on a regular basis, the disorder can affect behavior and interfere with the person's ability to function in society. According to an individual's personality this is considered to be a severe manifestation of thought broadcasting that is usually indicative of schizophrenia."

Andreasen, Nancy C.; Flaum, Michael (1991). "Schizophrenia: The Characteristic Symptoms"
Old 22-09-2019, 11:46 PM
Seeker
https://www.yourcareeverywhere.com/s...telepathy.html
Old 23-09-2019, 01:25 AM
Seeker
Old 23-09-2019, 08:51 AM
Master
I think you raise an excellent topic here. Some people may confuse hearing voices with spiritual phenomena or external beings. When said voices can only give generic answers and lead to cold readings and a recipient filling in all the gaps than we can say it's in people's heads and it's not an external being..

I'm not saying it couldn't be possible but I do think there's also quite a bit of non-spirituality going on with these phenomena. Some could be schizophrenic, others fooled by confirmation bias [ignoring all the misses, thinking the few positives prove psychic powers], others will be conscious liars, and some could be real.
Old 23-09-2019, 09:58 AM
Master
I'm not going to dismiss others experiences out of hand. I try and keep an open mind. Could be one or the other, or a mixture of both. I do wonder though when people tell of speaking/hearing entities, angels, gods, Jesus etc. Then come on here asking questions or seem confused about certain subjects. I'm 99% sure that there is something other, what that is I still don't know. As they say, this other can't really be discribed. Maybe it's one way to process and try and understand the unexplainable.
Old 23-09-2019, 10:54 AM
Master
Sometimes in my spirit circle several members pick up the same names / information.

Now this could simply be that spirit has planted the thought for all to pick up on or one person projects the thought onto other's that are in tune so to speak.

There are many examples had where I have had a thought of someone prior to going to circle and then at circle other's have picked up on this person without me projecting the name or even thinking of them ..

Hearing voices that are not spiritually transmitted in some shape or form can come from other self personalities but the information will be limited to that persona or limited to the individual collectively.

At times I get information that I don't know of until I have done research on it ..

This must prove something outside of one's immediate awareness ..

I think over time one can get to the bottom of where the source of information comes from ..

I would say ordinarily voices from split personalities or from signs of schizophrenia will have a common pattern or theme to them and over time one would be able to see this ..

Getting to know one's own self is obviously key here .. if one has a loving nature, then one would immediately question thoughts that appose this nature..

It's always a good starting point ..

x daz x
Old 23-09-2019, 12:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheShatters

Hi,

I know that people pray and expect God to be listening. Would that be considered telepathic thought broadcasting or some kind of mental disorder like schizophrenia?

Hearing voices and thought broadcast are indeed talked about a lot these days. I would say that if this is happening with a disturbed person it most likely represents some form of mental disorder. However if that person is well balanced it seems best to call it telepathic or medumship.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 23-09-2019, 01:06 PM
Master
Quote:
I know that people pray and expect God to be listening. Would that be considered telepathic thought broadcasting or some kind of mental disorder like schizophrenia

Wishful thinking?
Old 23-09-2019, 03:00 PM
Seeker
Well, you all say
Old 23-09-2019, 03:04 PM
Seeker
Well, you all say it depends on the person, whether they are balanced or not. But, schizophrenia comes on often without the persons knowledge. The become enamored or dependent on the ‘special’ness the symptoms imply for them, and the do not seek or maintain treatment that would alleviate the symptoms. I have been on this forum for a short while and I have seen some posts that are very worrisome. In every case where I have mentioned the possibility of seeking psychiatric help, along with other posters who reply with their own experiences and non medical advice, all posts suggesting psychiatric intervention are completely ignored by the OP. Other members may also suggest intervention and they are ignored as well. So my question remains- how do you tell the ill from the psychic ? How does one tell in oneself if the self has need altered to a point where it nolonger recognizes itself. What is our responsibility to our fellow posters, fellow humans, when we see clear indications of magical thinking and all the checkpoints of mental illness? It can not all be on the I’ll person, society must take some of the responsibility since the ill cannot be help responsible for themselves. I guess my question moves from science to spirituality to ethics now.