Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 24-10-2019, 11:44 PM
Well you could all consider this, keeping it simple:

God is love. And Love must love. And to love there must be a Beloved.
But since God is Existence infinite and eternal there is no one for Him to love but Himself.

And in order to love Himself, He must imagine Himself as the Beloved whom He
as the lover imagines He loves.

Beloved and lover implies separation.
And separation creates longing; and longing causes search.
And the wider and the more intense the search, the greater the separation and
the more terrible the longing.

When longing is at it's most intense, separation is complete, and the purpose of separation, which was that love
might experience itself as lover and Beloved,

is fulfilled; and union follows.

And when union is attained, the lover knows that he himself was all along the Beloved,
whom he loved and desired union with;

and that all the impossible situations that he overcame were obstacles which he himself
had placed in the path to himself.

To attain union is so impossibly difficult because it is impossible to
become what you already are!

Union is nothing other than knowledge of oneself as the Only One.

~ Meher Baba

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 25-10-2019, 07:44 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn

Union is nothing other than knowledge of oneself as the Only One.

~ Meher Baba

It's my opinion that union is manifested in the NDE experience of being bathed in the light of pure and unconditional love. The feeling they are finally home.
Old 25-10-2019, 07:52 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine111
Life is what one makes of it and it to be. It can be heaven or hell on earth, depends on your choices, actions and decisions as well as what you invite into your world(inner and outer) and life.

Until one learns that they are in charge and control of the world they created for themselves, be it real or unreal, a reality or an illusion , a lie or the truth, they will simply going round and round in circles, making the same mistakes all over again.

There are bad students in the same way, there good ones. Same goes for the teachers.

An experience that causes suffering to another and is ready to give up, may be experienced by another as a challenge and a blessing as well as be greatful for the experience.

What I mean to say is that is all relative, including the term "suffering"..

I really do not think that suffering has anything to do with another having been a bad person or did something wrong in their previous lives and now they "pay for it" and "get what they deserve to get in this life".

Absolutely true: the situation that each of us finds him or herself in is simply that which has formed itself through the total actions of the universe.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 25-10-2019, 11:18 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier Perez-Pons
According to the ancient sages of all religions, and even those who did not adhere to any religion (as the great sages of the Renaissance for example) or those who professed their religion in their own way (heterodox as John Scotus Erigena, Ibn Hazm or rabbi Josef Gikatiglia), life is something like a school where we are progressing by degrees (in general the ancient sages believed in reincarnation). Life after life we ​​are evolving spiritually. What sometimes involves painful lives, because suffering is the touchstone of spiritual progress. That's why we go down to this world. Because in our true home (where we are before we were born and where we returned after dying) there is no pain or suffering, and, as a medieval mystic said, "If you do not suffer, you do not grow." Suppose you are a selfish soul and that, in your current life, you keep all the money of an inheritance for yourself without sharing it with your poorest brothers. In your next life you will reincarnate in a beggar, because only by experiencing in yourself the pain of going hungry, will you learn the lesson of sharing. if in the spiritual world you come from you would have been given a “weekly class” about the importance of sharing, it would not have been the same: you would have easily forgotten that lesson (in the same way that I have forgotten the mathematics taught to me at school). However, after a life of deprivation, I assure you that the lesson will be well recorded.

Yet for some mysterious reason that defies any logical explanation we don't remember our past lives, so what is there to ''learn'' from them And what moron decides who gets to live a life of suffering and who gets to live a life of luxury?
Old 25-10-2019, 11:49 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
And what moron decides who gets to live a life of suffering and who gets to live a life of luxury?

The one living a life of suffering or luxury. At least that's the textbook answer.
Old 25-10-2019, 11:51 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
The one living a life of suffering or luxury. At least that's the textbook answer.

But makes it any sense? No.
Old 25-10-2019, 12:28 PM
hazada guess

Life is what you make it,simple.
Old 25-10-2019, 12:39 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
But makes it any sense? No.

What hazada guess posted.

Another way to put it is our emotional state isn't determined by what the world throws at us, but by how we react to what the world throws at us.

That is a function of mind, not awareness. So it depends in which world one lives, mind or awareness.

Another way to put it is whether we identify with the Who or What of our being.

Close your eyes and quietly say to yourself "I". If you identify "I" with any aspect of body-mind you probably experience emotional suffering. If you identify "I" with awareness you probably don't. That's a simple test for liberation/enlightenment.
Old 08-11-2019, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier Perez-Pons
According to the ancient sages of all religions, and even those who
did not adhere to any religion (as the great sages of the Renaissance for example) or those who professed their
religion in their own way (heterodox as John Scotus Erigena, Ibn Hazm or rabbi Josef Gikatiglia),
life is something
like a school where we are progressing
by degrees (in general the ancient sages believed in reincarnation).
Life after life we ​​are evolving spiritually. What sometimes involves painful lives, because suffering is
the touchstone of spiritual progress. That's why we go down to this world.

Because in our true home (where we are before we were born and where we returned after dying) there is no pain or suffering, and, as a medieval mystic said,
"If you do not suffer, you do not grow." Suppose you are a selfish soul and that, in your current life, you keep all the money of an inheritance for yourself without sharing
it with your poorest brothers. In your next life you will reincarnate in a beggar, because only by experiencing in yourself the pain of going hungry, will you learn the lesson of sharing.
if in the spiritual world you come from you would have been given a “weekly class”
about the importance of sharing,
it would not have been the same: you would have easily forgotten that lesson (in the same way that
I have forgotten the mathematics taught to me at school). However, after a life of deprivation,
I assure you that the lesson will be well recorded.
Great post.
Changed the format because I want to be able to read your things!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru