Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Old 09-09-2018, 01:35 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Probably just a case of Exploding Head syndrome, an auditory hallucination that occurs before you fall asleep that may come in many variations.

Hm... That must be the medical term for hearing spirit voices.
Old 09-09-2018, 02:01 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithR

Some things may be spiritual, while some aren't. It may be somewhat tricky to destinguish them from another. I occasionally suffer episodes of Exploding Head Syndrome, and heard voices as well but the logic within me convinced me that it's nothing otherworldly to worry about because not everything unexplainable is automatically spiritual related.
Old 20-10-2018, 01:06 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuurt
That is exactly how I started hearing voices 2 years ago, and I've been hearing them ever since. Some seem to be spirits that I tried to help cross over. But 2 of them have been with me the entire time and they are very negative entities. I believe they're demons and I'm still trying to figure out how to get rid of them. Just be careful because not all entities are nice even if they pretend to be at first.

Hi Kurt, I’ve known someone with negative entities bothering them from time to time. May I suggest the following: (Depending upon your belief system, substitute your own personal higher power) State, when you hear them talking around you: “if you do not accept Christ as your Saviour, you may not speak to me!” After a time, they will give up trying to talk with you and move along. It worked very well for him. I hope this helps. Best wishes!

Hope is praying for rain; Faith is bringing an umbrella
Old 22-10-2018, 03:12 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Some things may be spiritual, while some aren't. It may be somewhat tricky to destinguish them from another. I occasionally suffer episodes of Exploding Head Syndrome, and heard voices as well but the logic within me convinced me that it's nothing otherworldly to worry about because not everything unexplainable is automatically spiritual related.

I agree, but I tend to think that, mostly.
Old 22-10-2018, 08:28 AM
Master
Quote:
I agree, but I tend to think that, mostly.
Faith, guides (or Higher Self as I call it) do communicate the way you describe. I have had two such experiences, and everything you described was exactly my experience: strong, clear voice; I wasn't at all afraid. Some paths state that guides offer verbal nudges and commands (in my case I was told exactly what to do) to assist us in times where we are needing soul direction. It's related to one's karmic path I would say.
Old 23-10-2018, 08:20 AM
Master

Quote:

No, not at all. Exploding Head Syndrome is exactly that - a seemingly exploding head - but not quite.
I experienced this three times within a period of about 3 months. It was a time when I felt very tired in general for no apparent reason.
The first time it happened it scared me out of my wits. I was in bed in a doze early in the morning when suddenly just above my head, to the left, there was the noise of very loud horns blowing. I was shocked to the core and for a while I lost all sense of orientation. My immediate thought after I'd collected myself a little was that 'I'm going mad'.
Fortunately a friend knew what this could be and this helped me to understand that I wasn't in danger. The second time it was cymbals, clashing above my head with a tremendous noise. Once again I jumped out of my skin and it took me a while to realize what had happened. The third time it was bells clanging away like mad.
What I can say, although it's difficult to explain or comprehend is that these noises were 'outside' of my head. That is my brain had projected them into the room (so to speak), Only then was it clear to me just how powerful our brain/mind is. These three happenings (they haven't repeated themselves since my period of tiredness) changed my philosophy of life to allow me to appreciate how mind is life's determining factor.

EHS has nothing to do with 'spirits' or anything supernatural but is probably the valve that allows any build up of 'steam' to escape before any damage is done. It can be googled.
Old 23-10-2018, 09:16 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Faith, guides (or Higher Self as I call it) do communicate the way you describe. I have had two such experiences, and everything you described was exactly my experience: strong, clear voice; I wasn't at all afraid. Some paths state that guides offer verbal nudges and commands (in my case I was told exactly what to do) to assist us in times where we are needing soul direction. It's related to one's karmic path I would say.

Indeed. I am definitely not surprised!
Old 23-10-2018, 09:17 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
No, not at all. Exploding Head Syndrome is exactly that - a seemingly exploding head - but not quite.
I experienced this three times within a period of about 3 months. It was a time when I felt very tired in general for no apparent reason.
The first time it happened it scared me out of my wits. I was in bed in a doze early in the morning when suddenly just above my head, to the left, there was the noise of very loud horns blowing. I was shocked to the core and for a while I lost all sense of orientation. My immediate thought after I'd collected myself a little was that 'I'm going mad'.
Fortunately a friend knew what this could be and this helped me to understand that I wasn't in danger. The second time it was cymbals, clashing above my head with a tremendous noise. Once again I jumped out of my skin and it took me a while to realize what had happened. The third time it was bells clanging away like mad.
What I can say, although it's difficult to explain or comprehend is that these noises were 'outside' of my head. That is my brain had projected them into the room (so to speak), Only then was it clear to me just how powerful our brain/mind is. These three happenings (they haven't repeated themselves since my period of tiredness) changed my philosophy of life to allow me to appreciate how mind is life's determining factor.

EHS has nothing to do with 'spirits' or anything supernatural but is probably the valve that allows any build up of 'steam' to escape before any damage is done. It can be googled.

Hmm, okay, thank you for the input!
Old 24-10-2018, 12:06 AM
Knower
I too have heard voices just prior to falling asleep or while relaxed enough to fall asleep. I've read many accounts and talked to several people who have reported this too. I think it has something to do with our state of mind at the time. We are finally relaxed, not burdened by daily activities and usually it is quiet. It's similar to a meditative state. I would imagine that it's easier for our guides, deceased loved ones, spirits, etc to make contact at this time. I've heard muffled conversations, a random word, my name, music, etc. It's interesting how common this phenomenon is.

Exploding Head Syndrome isn't a voice, it is a very loud, jarring sound. It's similar to a gunshot, a bomb, some type of explosion. I've experienced it a few times, it's enough to get your heart pounding and become wide awake. Not fun Lol
Old 24-10-2018, 05:09 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headintheclouds
I too have heard voices just prior to falling asleep or while relaxed enough to fall asleep. I've read many accounts and talked to several people who have reported this too. I think it has something to do with our state of mind at the time. We are finally relaxed, not burdened by daily activities and usually it is quiet. It's similar to a meditative state. I would imagine that it's easier for our guides, deceased loved ones, spirits, etc to make contact at this time. I've heard muffled conversations, a random word, my name, music, etc. It's interesting how common this phenomenon is.

Exploding Head Syndrome isn't a voice, it is a very loud, jarring sound. It's similar to a gunshot, a bomb, some type of explosion. I've experienced it a few times, it's enough to get your heart pounding and become wide awake. Not fun Lol

I agree. It’s truly amazing. :) As far as the EHS, good to know.