Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Islam Faith

Old 06-03-2018, 11:53 AM
Deactivated Account
Resources about Islam Faith?

Salam,

first I want to say that I am happy to see that there are so many peaceful discussions in this section of SF.

I am not a Muslim, and neither do I wish to convert. I wish to learn more, though, to get a better understanding.

Faithful people have my deepest respect, no matter what their religion is.

Are there any online resources available? To be able to spread peace (and to convince haters, that not every faithful Muslim is a terrorist or misogynist), I will need to know more about Islam faith.
Old 03-04-2018, 11:48 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerOfKnowledge
Salam,

first I want to say that I am happy to see that there are so many peaceful discussions in this section of SF.

I am not a Muslim, and neither do I wish to convert. I wish to learn more, though, to get a better understanding.

Faithful people have my deepest respect, no matter what their religion is.

Are there any online resources available? To be able to spread peace (and to convince haters, that not every faithful Muslim is a terrorist or misogynist), I will need to know more about Islam faith.

Greetings, SeekerOfKnowledge.

I find that the best resource is the most direct – and that's going out and meeting people and speaking with them directly and getting to know them. I have great respect for the Muslim people I have met and chatted with here in New York, and I'm fortunate that our city is home to such a diverse population so that one actually can meet others this way.

There was one incident in particular that will always remain in my memory. I was coming out of F.A.O. Schwarz (a fantastic toy store here in NYC that sadly has recently closed) and saw a homeless man sitting on the sidewalk.

Without thinking, I went over to a nearby food cart which happened to be halal (which is the Muslim equivalent of kosher) and the owner of the cart was just finishing his prayers (he was picking up his small carpet off the sidewalk). I told him I wanted something for the homeless man on the sidewalk. The halal cart owner smiled at me and told me not to worry – he and already fed that man (who waved to him and smiled back).

The homeless man on the sidewalk wasn't even a fellow Muslim, but the halal cart owner nevertheless felt compelled to feed him because he was hungry and without the means to buy food. The cart owner saw only a fellow human being in need.

It's that act of kindness (and many more that I have witnessed from New York's Muslim population) that has made the greatest impression on me regarding the Muslim people.
Old 03-04-2018, 05:59 PM
Deactivated Account
Thank you, Nephele.

It is best, of course, to talk to people directly. Like the travel guide from our trip to Cairo last year. He told a lot about his life and his faith from a very personal perspective.

Such acts of kindness happen. I do not think they are limited to any religion.

Maybe I can ask our local pastor how to find out more. Not a joke. He was doing research on Islam and the Q'ran.

Thanks again.
"Because when you are not happy, it will be raining still."
------------------------------------------------------
No matter who you are, no matter your gender, color of skin, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, music taste or what ever, I fail to see any difference here.
Old 12-04-2018, 03:21 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoGronn
The only sources of Islam are the sacred texts of the religion, the Quran, the hadiths, tafsir and the siras.
As I have heard there are different versions of the Quran, like there are of the Bible?
Thank you very much for mentioning the hadiths, tafsir and siras.
I will try to find out more.
I just want to learn more about all the religions, so that I understand.
So that, maybe, I can build a bridge when encountering people in everyday life.
That is all.
"Because when you are not happy, it will be raining still."
------------------------------------------------------
No matter who you are, no matter your gender, color of skin, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, music taste or what ever, I fail to see any difference here.
Old 06-06-2018, 11:38 PM
Che Lazou

Resources about Islam Faith?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoGronn
Well as you know, translations varies and just like every translated sacred text, the Quran also has many different translations. I myself dislike translations of any piece of work, so unless I know the original language of the piece I do not read, watch, listen to or play it, well at least that is what I have been doing recently. I read the translation of the Quran, the Protestant canon of the Bible and a few Catholic deuterocanonical books a few years ago when I was not following this rule.

But the Quran also had different versions in Old Arabic when it was first made into a book, (Muslims like to deny this fact by the way.)
Religion is advice, the meaning of slavery, the number four, unlucky or ignorance in Chinese yet at the same time enlightening of the underdeveloped, it must be asked for and has many meanings, the most efficient being one, yet numbers are digital and the Quran was originally set in analogue script; Haqqanoah; Thank you.
Old 18-08-2019, 02:10 AM
Seeker
Hi,
I would like to add a suggestion of one of my most appreciated book written about Islam; even if Seeker of Knowledge, who asked the question, account is deactivated. Maybe it can be of good use for someone else:
book "Moving the Mountain" by Imam Faisal
Old 18-08-2019, 06:43 AM
Master
Check to see if there is an Islamic Center in your area.

At the Islamic Center you will find there is a considerable amount of Islamic literature that is available for FREE.
Generally an inexpensive Qurʻān is available for FREE.

There is also other books and Qurʻāns for purchase.

Be comforted that Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon Him/alayhi s-salām) instructed: “Let anyone who believes in
God and the Last Day be generous to his neighbor, and let anyone who believes in God and the Last Day be
generous to his guest.”

Even at the Mosque, literature and books are available.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜