Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 24-02-2011, 02:57 PM
CJ82Sky

suggesting change to a friend?

ok so i have a friend who is a business partner with me. we own a farm together. however with the market falling apart, it has lost value and i want to move (for many other reasons) north in the next year with myself, my horses, and my pets. my friend has no job (she is strictly volunteering for the rescue she founded) other than a small business of her own that brings in a few hundred a month. she has a lot of personal pets/animals, and relies on income from the barn (we do have a few boarders) to get by coupled with me paying the bulk of the bills.

obviously when i move i am not going to continue to pay. i am prepared to claim bankruptcy if necessary as i know the house / farm will not sell, however i am trying to encourage her to get a job and prepare for my moving - something i have talked about for several years and started making concrete plans for to happen in this year (and my root chakra is happier! lol!).

my question is - is there any harm in making suggestions about jobs, financial planning, etc.? i know that i can not make someone else change, but i do want to do everything in my personal power to set her and the barn up for success after i move. i will be going several hours north so there is no risk of competition - nor am i planning to open a new business - i just want to focus on my own horses and start an educational horse rescue program within the local school system.

right now i am the only trainer on the property and i work a FT job in marketing PLUS teach lessons and train on weekends plus tend to and ride/compete my own animals. my goal is to get someone in there who can start teaching and build the program (weekdays as well) so that when i move, current clients already have a relationship with the new trainer. either way, however with the amount of animals my friend has with no job, i feel she will need to get a job to pay the bills.

is it okay to suggest this in a positive light? i have discussed it before and made some suggestions today as well but don't want to push. yet i don't want to just let her ignore it and "deal with it later" because i know how long it can take to find a job and how fast a year can go by.

thoughts? insights? has anyone else been in a situation like this? overall i am optimistic that the universe will give her what she needs to get by provided she does whatever she needs to do that is in her plan from her guides (though she thinks all this is a crock btw) but that part is out of my control. i just want to be helpful and not go eh. not working! bye! and walk away.

thanks for sharing your thoughts and support!
Old 24-02-2011, 04:00 PM
CJ82Sky

ooh well so far the convo is going well - i sent an email with ideas. so at least she is receptive. i cannot cause action i know that much.

thoughts? thanks!
Old 25-02-2011, 12:02 AM
ToltecWarrior

dear sky,
my feeling from reading your postis that you have a valid concern. i think that your friend is really relying on you as it is clear for you to see. my feelings say that you should be firm with your friend as you said your self, you dont want to leave her in a mess when you go. i think that people often do not take action until they are actually forced in to doing so. i know that you can see the danger for your friend but my question is can she? Perhaps she has not consideredher own future in the same way as you have. i would suggest that if you,haveńt already, tell your friend not in a round about way exactly what you think might happen to her. is this at all helpful?

Kind regards,

Tw
Old 25-02-2011, 02:34 AM
CJ82Sky

ty tw. we actually had a few very productive talks today and she is going to work to rebuild her business and make that a focus over volunteering. i know i can't MAKE her do it but that will help. i also outlined a financial plan of what i will continue to contribute when and how it is decreasing to bring her up to her level of responsibility and then prepare for when i move.

thank you so much!