Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 18-03-2012, 07:22 PM
Sighlense

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
Anyone reading me (not counting a surface glance) without my explicit invite are making a hostile attack and will be repelled with all means available. If anyone consults the spirits regarding me it is up to the spirits' discretion. If anyone consults the spirits on my behalf without my knowledge and advance permission, they are incredibly rude and I would reconsider said friendship.

I agree, i'm new to giving readings but i certainly wouldn't want that happening to me. In my opinion it would be along the same lines of "trifling through peoples mail" without permission. Unless the third party is directly involved in a reading given to the sitter, information about this person certainly shouldn't be disclosed.
Old 18-03-2012, 08:39 PM
Neville

I am quiet experienced at this and do not ever do readings for a person other than if they approach me personally..Hence, when asked to do a reading for someone the person enquiring after the reading knows...It is (and I don't really know why) something I do not do.
Old 18-03-2012, 11:11 PM
Master

OK.. I am going to throw a spanner into the works..

From your post I feel your friend does have blind faith.. with all readings you must take it with a pinch of salt as paths can change their course.

I am surprised at the responses.. consider this.. you ask a reader, ' How is my mothers health, is she troubled..?" that is a third party.. be open to the fact, readings will entail people in your life and around you.

I truly believe if that partys spirit did not want information divulged it would not come through.. from experience I know sometimes what I want to know doesn't come through as it is not for me to know.

The real point of this post is that your friend decided to use this unsubstantiated knowledge and that is more the error.

I have asked in readings regarding my family, friends in need, ex partners, in some cases I did not ask but it came through.

No readings are purely about the 'one' always about the 'one' in relation to others and by doing so you automatically are reading a third party.

Your issue is that she believed something that she should be considered before confronting you and that you feel betrayed due to that.. if the messages were given that you were more positive then I would be honoured for a friend to ask about my well being in a reading.

My opinion.. I do not believe any reading cannot involve a mere one person, even a regression one.

When you channel.. those who really have that ability know, you cannot pick and choose what comes through.. if they decide to talk about your sibling whether you ask or not= third party reading.
Old 19-03-2012, 12:42 AM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by froebellian
OK.. I am going to throw a spanner into the works..

From your post I feel your friend does have blind faith.. with all readings you must take it with a pinch of salt as paths can change their course.

I am surprised at the responses.. consider this.. you ask a reader, ' How is my mothers health, is she troubled..?" that is a third party.. be open to the fact, readings will entail people in your life and around you.

I truly believe if that partys spirit did not want information divulged it would not come through.. from experience I know sometimes what I want to know doesn't come through as it is not for me to know.

The real point of this post is that your friend decided to use this unsubstantiated knowledge and that is more the error.

I have asked in readings regarding my family, friends in need, ex partners, in some cases I did not ask but it came through.

No readings are purely about the 'one' always about the 'one' in relation to others and by doing so you automatically are reading a third party.

Your issue is that she believed something that she should be considered before confronting you and that you feel betrayed due to that.. if the messages were given that you were more positive then I would be honoured for a friend to ask about my well being in a reading.

My opinion.. I do not believe any reading cannot involve a mere one person, even a regression one.

When you channel.. those who really have that ability know, you cannot pick and choose what comes through.. if they decide to talk about your sibling whether you ask or not= third party reading.

If spirit doesnt want to us to know and share it wont happen...if it does it will....and most times the information comes for growth and understanding any way...sometimes like this topic totally unrelated to the message but more about how someone feels and addresses it...:)

I like your post fro...
Old 19-03-2012, 04:43 PM
Administrator
Hello

As a reader I know well this happens a lot but its SO not right to do so. I can share what happened yesterday to me. I was a speaker at a Metaphysical Society I belong to so there are many readers and the like there. At the end this one comes up to me and did not "ask" to pass on message to me but blurted it out right there with other's around . She is a "professional" and she did this. I was not impressed. While I could validate whom she saw around me, I did not maybe want to know it at that time.

Readers have the responsiblity to themself and to other's to work from that place of the higest and greatest GOOD for all parties. We ask permissions before we share a message and we do not read third party. That would be like a woman asking for a reading on her mate....but he has not asked to be read. NOT done.

Know that there is karma that might well come into play what gifts one is given too can be taken from them....at times.

Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by springs_eternal
I have a question I'd like to get some opinions on. I'm not sure if this is the right area for it, but it's my best guess lol.

I have a friend I'm going to call Anna. Anna has a friend we'll call Sam. Sam is psychic, and does oracle readings and works with pendulums. A few days ago, I was talking to Anna about a job possibility. The next day, I got an email saying "I talked to Sam about the job and spirit told him XYZ. He consulted the pendulum and it confirmed it."

I emailed her back saying that I was not comfortable with her soliciting readings from Sam on my behalf. She responded that she does it all the time and it's no big deal. She then told me all the other times she's consulted Sam for people, including on major health issues, relationships, etc. She then "confronted" me about something Sam told her about me, which was completely untrue, and said I was "lying by omission" when I didn't tell her about the it.

I think it is inappropriate to ask someone to read a third-party without asking. I think it's more inappropriate to intentionally read a third-party and pass potentially sensitive information through an intermediary. It doesn't bother me so much if it's inadvertent and the person isn't sure how to get a hold of me...ie, "I had a message given to me in a dream about Kat's potential new job, can you tell her XYZ for me?"... but for some reason it grates that it was intentional.

She thinks that any information helps, and it's perfectly fine.

What do you think?

(PS...She knows I was going to ask this on a forum. She just asked I not use her real names)
Old 19-03-2012, 04:48 PM
midnightstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello
At the end this one comes up to me and did not "ask" to pass on message to me but blurted it out right there with other's around .
Lynn

Why didn't she take you aside and ask you if you wanted to hear it Lynn? Surely that would have been the right thing to do?
Old 19-03-2012, 04:55 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by beautydylan
Why didn't she take you aside and ask you if you wanted to hear it Lynn? Surely that would have been the right thing to do?

Hello

Its how some simply work, maybe in figuring becasue I do readings its OK to just give me one. Readers should always ask for permissions and readers should always respect what is asked of them does stay only with them.

I would wonder at times for that path of energy being changed when information is shared or another reader gets in the mix.

Lynn
Old 27-03-2012, 09:36 PM
Henri77

I'd guess some folks feel this information is public domain.. irrefutably accurate, and available to any sensitive.....

And while this is somewhat true... it's
still pretty insensitive behavior, even among those who know one another.
We still deserve a measure of privacy, or at least discretion.
Old 28-03-2012, 05:59 AM
MorningMist

I'm with you on this issue, springs.

Highly unethical and almost sounds as though this 'Sam' person might have personal agendas, particularly if he's supposedly 'receiving' information about you that's a lie. (which makes me wonder about the quality of entities he deals with, frankly).

Your friend can't use the excuse that she 'thinks it's fine and helpful'; those are the responses of the immature who know they've been caught out. They're not the responses of one who's either spiritually knowledgeable, or wise.

I've come across people caught in situations like this before and it makes my blood run cold.

Your friend has no right to discuss your personal or professional affairs with anyone, including self-appointed 'psychics', without your permission. Privacy laws, and all that.

For what it's worth, given that she seems to enjoy confrontations so much, I would be confronting her and being perfectly blunt.

Perhaps I would say something like, "You've violated a friend-to-friend confidence by discussing my personal affairs, without my permission. I feel I can no longer trust you as a friend and, in light of this matter, won't be communicating with you again."

But you're not me, and you must respond, if you choose to, with whatever comes naturally to you.

I wish you well.

Hugs
MM
Old 28-03-2012, 09:07 AM
Master

I have to say I am familiar with spirits coming through to tell about third parties unasked. But this is generally either warnings against someone or warnings that someone is in some kind of need, and that is exactly what I expect from spirit guides and spirit helpers.