Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 15-07-2011, 02:40 PM
moke64916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlightened
I'm new to the forum, but I came here to help you. I have the key to enlightenment.

It's a very bold claim, but i'd love to show anyone that's ready the gate.

This is no joke.

Let's do this people, our world is dying. It's time we woke up and saved it...
The way you pronounced your words makes them not credible to me. If you were to say this was MY way to enlightenment rather than saying. "This is the way to enlightenment." then I'd be interested.
Old 15-07-2011, 02:54 PM
Rikki

Squatchit - The reason I can't reply to every single post is because of the volume. Enlightened people get bills, and right now I have to work. It's a shame people think i've ran off with my tail between my legs because I haven't immediately replied.

Plus I want to keep this laser focused. People generally tend to do anything to distract themselves from the process of actually looking, which is what's happening here.

Instead of actually following the pointer to the moon, people tend to initially attack it without ever looking at it's instruction.

By our world, I mean a number of things. Humanity is killing itself in countless and obvious ways. The world as a planet, pollution, and potential for nuclear wars etc

On a day-to-day basis i'm working with people that generally come to me looking for liberation. As it's obvious to see here, people say they want enlightenment but they seem to spend 10x as long arguing over it.

No one as of yet has actually looked into what I have said to look for have they?

Honestly?
Old 15-07-2011, 02:56 PM
Rikki

Moke - words are words. They aren't 'it'. I must work with language, it's only an instruction to get you to look at what i've told you to look for.

Which as of yet nobody has.

Another example of attacking the pointer to the moon, and following it's instruction.
Old 15-07-2011, 03:10 PM
Rikki

I'm not prepared to waste precious time discussing things and dancing around the actual issue instead of keeping focused and taking the willing through the gate.

Hence why I asked for e-mails.

Answers to your questions will be there for you once you've seen this illusion in action.

But let's not keep dancing round this, it's very straightforward. I consider anything else to be time wasting.

It won't kill you to take a look at what i'm telling you to.
Old 15-07-2011, 03:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Ok, there's a lot of discussion going on, but I'd like to clear up a few things first.

1. The 'cult' issue. This is ridiculous. I have not asked for any money, there are no 'levels', no leader, no beliefs to adopt, no followers, and no robes. I offer what I do for free, if you don't want to 'do' it, then there's no pressure. If you want to come through the gate, by all means do, but it's for no benefit to me. I'm giving up my free time to help people become liberated. Nothing more, nothing less.

do you have any idea how many self proclaimed "saviors/liberators" there are? wave a stick, hit a guru. news for you ... there are a lot of people on this site who give up their free time to help others and they don't make a big frigging deal about themselves while doing so.

2. Someone mentioned NLP. Again, ridiculous. What i'm trying to show you is BEYOND the mind, illuminating the illusion of self. In what way is that possibly some kind of mental programming? If anything, it's un-programming the belief of self. The exact opposite of what you claim.

i don't buy into the meme that the self is an illusion.

3. One-on-one. I offer this because of the situation we have here. I'm now expected to answer every single person in one large post. I'm having to spend ages sifting through posts to answer everyone and it's difficult to give you the full answer you need. I've nothing to hide.

a basic synopsis of your theories on "enlightenment" would be helpful.

4. My bold claim of enlightenment. Yes, what I offer to show you is enlightenment. Actual enlightenment. But I don't like that term, it conjures up some grand feat. I'm not special, nor do I claim to be. I prefer the term 'liberated' as it is closer to the seeing of the illusion and becoming free.

maybe freedom comes with realizing that there's nothing to be freed from. the self isn't an enemy or a cage. the self is an expression of creativity.

I understand what I claim is hard to believe, and may seem too easy. But what comparison do you truly have? The wise master sitting atop the mountain is largely a fairytale. The Dalai Lama, having spent his whole life in deep study, isn't enlightened. So why does anything he does have any weight whatsoever?

lol so we're suppose to listen to you but not the Dali Lama?

Nothing I say is going against a lot of what's already out there, it's just simplified to it's very essence. Remember the great sages, the Buddha, and Jesus lived a very long time ago. Their message has unfortunately been largely diluted over time. 'No self. No problem.' is a Buddhist saying, I agree with it.

I expect you to have some skepticism, but just test it out. Nothing will 'go wrong'. If what I say is complete garbage, at least have the decency, and curiosity to test it. If it is complete make believe, then you can all club together and collectively make me look the fool. But I simply ask of you that you test what I say first.

Mattie - Are you contending that dropping the perception of individuality is automatic enlightenment?

It might be useful for you to precisely define what you are calling enlightenment so we can understand what you mean by this term.

As you noted, '... I came here to help you.' further explaination of the above 2 things would be very useful in understanding what you are trying to say.

Once you truly see this false self operating, it's impossible to believe in it anymore. You've seen behind the curtain, you've seen what's pulling the strings. Once this illusion is shattered, you can clearly see there is no 'self' anymore. Just a collection of thoughts and emotions collectively masquerading as a 'you'.

YOU may be a masquerade but i am not. i am what i project my self to be and my self honesty allows me an ever more accurate projection.

This is what waking up hinges on. You don't need retreats, meditation, endless discussion to wake up.

you assume too much. there are a lot of very awakened people here on this site as evidenced by the questioning of your supposed authority.

Enlightenment is the recognition of the truth of no self.

no self? then to whom am i responding. **rolls eyes**

I'm NOT asking you to adopt this as a belief. A belief is something you hold in your mind as true. What i'm asking you to do, is test this.

If you close your eyes and try to find 'you', what happens? What are you seeing?

when i close my eyes i'm seeing the backs of my eyelids and occassionally some interesting visions.

Can you locate 'yourself'?

why yes, yes i can. i'm presently residing in my body which is sitting at my computer desk.

I feel this covers a lot of users posts, i'm not excluding anyone but this is the very essence of enlightenment so let's stay on point.

you've failed to make a salient point. all you have provided is your opinions on the "essence of enlightenment". folks on this site do that all that the time and with far less ego involved.
Old 15-07-2011, 03:19 PM
Topology

Quote:
I'm not prepared to waste precious time discussing things and dancing around the actual issue instead of keeping focused and taking the willing through the gate.

So I should translate that as your not interested in developing Meaningful relationships with anyone? Got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enlightened
It won't kill you to take a look at what i'm telling you to.

I can't find my "self" anywhere. What's the next step?
Old 15-07-2011, 03:30 PM
SerpentQueen

Quote:
4. My bold claim of enlightenment. Yes, what I offer to show you is enlightenment. Actual enlightenment. But I don't like that term, it conjures up some grand feat. I'm not special, nor do I claim to be. I prefer the term 'liberated' as it is closer to the seeing of the illusion and becoming free.

Agreed. What you are pointing to is not enlightenment, but it is liberation, the first step towards enlightenment.

On another thread yesterday I posted this video about Plato's Allegory of the Cave:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2afuTvUzBQ

Enlightened is offering to release you from the prison of the cave. And he's right, it really is as simple as he suggests. And once you are liberated, you can go back to the cave as needed, but you will be forever changed.

Enlightenment, however, is something different - in the video, wouldn't you say that enlightenment is looking at the sun?
Old 15-07-2011, 03:31 PM
Rikki

Internal queries - just this sentence sums up what's going on for you "a basic synopsis of your theories on "enlightenment" would be helpful."

There is no theory. No synopsis. There is a fundamental Truth. Enlightenment is a natural state. It's our default state before we believed in a collection of thoughts that build up a self.

I'm not making a big deal of anything. I even said as much as 'i'm not special, nor do I claim to be.' But clearly you find only fictitious evidence to support your own deluded theories.

You are wasting my time and yours by attacking me. It's a textbook response to someone afraid to look. Nothing i'm saying isn't already out there. Truth is truth. All i've done is distilled it to it's very essence. There's no grand theory here.

Topology - My focus right now is waking people up from the delusion of self.

But you've made a strong statement, you cant find yourself anywhere. This is good. What are you seeing when you try to locate a 'self'?
Old 15-07-2011, 03:34 PM
Rikki

SerpentQueen - There are no stages to this. It's 2 different words for the same simple truth.

Once you have realised that there is no self whatsoever, you are free.

No levitation, no magic, no fireworks. It's back to your natural state that isn't being clouded by a fictitious 'self' pulling the strings.

There is no 'you'.

Of course there is hands, legs, eyes etc a space where thoughts come and go. All that's happened is that thoughts have combined to build a self that you believe to be you.

When you look at it for what it is, you realise the simple truth that it's a phalasy.
Old 15-07-2011, 03:36 PM
SerpentQueen

Gentle suggestion: don't dismiss the message because you don't like the messenger.

UG Krishnamurti spent his lifetime attempting to liberate prisoners. Look him up on youtube. He was a tough cookie, and there was nothing lamb-like and gentle about him. But, he was definitely on to something. It's undeniable, as you watch his videos. His process was intended to break down every last belief his students held.

UG would probably say.... why is it that you BELIEVE a guru must come across sweet and nice and polite and humble? Where did that belief come from? That is your belief. You cannot see Enlightened clearly until you let go of this belief.
Closed Thread