Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 09-07-2017, 06:51 PM
Newbie ;)

Self treating severe depression?

Has anyone here successfully treated or cured acute, severe depression without medication?

I think a lot of the self help books I'm reading are backfiring because they are typically geared toward people with mild depression. They usually don't cover things associated with severe depression, like extreme energy drain. It is disheartening to read a book that is telling me to plant a garden or pick up an extra hobby to find "meaning" when it feels like a monumental effort just to LIVE. It is hard to eat or shower and not collapse after and I can't even find "meaning" in waking up most days. It literally feels like some black force has latched on and is constricting and weighing me from inside.
Old 09-07-2017, 07:20 PM
Master
Nobody should be advising you except professionals. Why are you not seeing someone in the field for this type of thing? Please, go to your doctor if you have one. If not, search on-line - google for more information in your area.

Old 09-07-2017, 09:28 PM
Master
I cannot give you any professional advice and I strongly recommend that you seek a medical and mental health professional for a consultation. Severe depression is treatable either with talk therapy and/or medication. Although the ideal situation is for people to be able to work through their afflictions without the need for medication, it is sometimes necessary. You and your medical/mental health professional could decide what is the best course of treatment for you.

In addition to seeking a health care professional to consult about your depression, I would also like to suggest Meditation. This has helped me immensely with combating my depression. It allows for me to break through the clouds of PTSD and self defeating/negative thought patterns. There are days when it gets very very dark in my mind and meditation was the only thing that helps in those crucial moments when I feel all hope is loss and I am in unimaginable psychic torment. In addition, I have a wonderful and spiritually sensitive therapist that is immensely helpful. Don't be afraid to seek out professional help.

I know sometimes the pain of depression can be very unbearable and to sit quietly and practice being present in meditation is near impossible. If that is the case, I suggest listening to guided meditation on Youtube. There are so many out there, you can simply type in "meditation depression" in the search box or whatever else you may like such as "meditation to release trauma" or "meditation for inner peace" etc.

I know only too well what a debilitating monster depression can be, but with help from a mental health professional and my meditation practice, I am healing and doing ok. I hope you find a therapist that is the right fit for you (don't be afraid to shop around). If you and your doctor or mental health professional decide that medication might be the right fit for you for the time being, please also take that into consideration. Best of luck to you. :)

♬ ♫ ♪ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtnJUS30olE ♪ ♫ ♬
Old 10-07-2017, 10:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threewhens
Has anyone here successfully treated or cured acute, severe depression without medication?
Hi Threewhens. Yes, I did. I was diagnosed with having had depression for two decades. At its worst, I was unable to get out of bed or even walk. I underwent therapy with anti-depressants for a short time (six weeks), after which I decided to go the holistic route (no pharmaceuticals). I left my career and moved far away to a quiet area of the country, on the coast. There I spent the next several years getting well. It took adjusting my lifestyle and diet: I'm now a vegan and spend lots of time in nature; don't own a TV, don't listen to the radio, I stay away from the news, I don't associate with people with noisy opinions, etc.

It took about seven years before I could say I was healed, and it can be done. I found the answer is to focus on setting after your dreams in life. My dream was to live simply by the ocean, and that's been one of the main reasons for my life turnaround. I love my life now, and so now I am happy in life. All the best.
Old 10-07-2017, 11:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threewhens
It literally feels like some black force has latched on and is constricting and weighing me from inside.
Just reading some of your past threads and posts... You said at one point you were a dark soul, interested in dark occultism, etc. One thing you need to do is jettison all such spiritual practices and beliefs. It's the equivalent of a religious fundamentalist prophesying the end of times. You are never going to get well by projecting darkness, illness and sickness into the world, and making it part of your life and belief paradigm.

Yes, things like gardening -- being in nature -- are in fact a very useful and practical counter-activity to the psychic and physical illnesses caused by such dark, destructive belief-illusions and mental constructs. There is no 'outside black force' doing anything to you, period. That is simply you -- your id -- in a very dark place. That is all it is. The simple key is to drop the destructive beliefs, drop your opinions about what's needed and isn't, and get on with healing that state of mind you've created for yourself.
Old 16-08-2017, 11:16 PM
Master
no
my desrn os on off coz of resons moms alz/dem sum i dnt wnt 2 go in 2 detals abot it bt all i no its gt be parnod it haz

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 29-09-2017, 06:51 PM
Experiencer

I heard CoQ10 and 5-htp is helpful. Also, St. John's Wort, tryptophan.
Old 17-11-2017, 04:12 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

If you have the severe depression, only spessialist can help. You will waste your time if you don't go to him. I know, it will be difficult to make the first step, to push yoursef, but just rely on him