Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 26-10-2016, 02:23 AM
Master
"AWAKENING TO BUDDHISM "

Dear Sir , from my over 10 years of observation / experience in communication with people in circle of Buddhism ,I am deeply concern of the way Buddhism is transforming . Buddhism currently is lead by many group of people taking advantage of their mere knowledge transforming Buddhism into a form of knowledge , rituals , beliefs , culture and tradition . This has to be stopped .

I have now moved from sharing my personal views into a more challenging role as to start a movement to spread awareness of Buddhism.

This movement is named " AWAKENING TO BUDDHISM" with only one simple objective is to spread awareness to people that Buddhism is all about own exploration to the nature of own existence WITHOUT any interference from anyone and any information from Mr Siddharta should be accepted as a mere information NOT even as a guide for own exploration WITHOUT any teaching , guidance or explanation from anyone .

If you are in same mind , we very much appreciate your support and start this movement within your capacity holding on a common objective .
If you agree to join , kindly furnish us any update .

We are serious and sincere in this movement .

Thanks
Ee Chuan Seng’
[email protected]

Last edited by CSEe : 26-10-2016 at 04:11 AM.
Old 26-10-2016, 02:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSEe
Dear Sir , from my over 10 years of observation / experience in communication with people in circle of Buddhism ,I am deeply concern of the way Buddhism is transforming . Buddhism currently was lead by many group of people taking advantage of their mere knowledge transforming Buddhism into a form of knowledge , rituals , beliefs , culture and tradition . This has to be stopped .

I have now moved from sharing my personal views into a more challenging role as to start a movement to spread awareness of Buddhism.

This movement is named " AWAKENING TO BUDDHISM" with only one simple objective is to spread awareness to people that Buddhism is all about own exploration to the nature of own existence WITHOUT any interference from anyone and any information from Mr Siddharta should be accepted as a mere information NOT even as a guide for own exploration WITHOUT any teaching , guidance or explanation from anyone .

If you are in same mind , we very much appreciate your support and start this movement within your capacity holding on a common objective .

Thanks
Ee Chuan Seng’
[email protected]

I think what you describe in your observation is what people would call religious dogma/fundamentalism/corruption. Within any sort of religious organization, it is simply very easy for politics, power, and control to take over. This is of course easily verifiable when you google various Buddhist leadership abusing their power over the masses. This is nothing new and I am sure we are aware of many abuses from other religious groups as well. I can reassure you that while your concerns are genuine and valid, that they do not go unnoticed. Those who truly understand the essential truth to Buddhism can certainly see that there are fundamentalists that while bowing and kow towing to certain religious authorities, that they do not fully understand the basic philosophy and their naivety may be taken advantage of.

If you wish to embark on a crusade to rid religious corruption, then I definitely wish you and your group the best of luck. However, I think it would also be wise if you tread lightly and not become too attached to the idea and notion of corruption itself. And while the religious institutions may have its drawbacks, there are also genuine people in there that share their knowledge and wisdom with others with a genuine and compassionate heart. It is dangerous to generalize and lump everyone who shares their knowledge into one category as your vile "Buddhist Teacher" archetype. Furthermore, there are many people who utilizes the knowledge and wisdom of Buddhism for their personal growth and share their insights with others such as our members in this forum. You should be wise to also not simply generalize and lump them with the corrupted archetype also. :)

Blessed be and take it easy! <3

♬ ♫ ♪ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtnJUS30olE ♪ ♫ ♬
Old 26-10-2016, 03:42 AM
Suspended
CSEe,

Your proposed assignment is tougher that you think. I can give you some hints, the current Buddhism followers go different ways or regional in their nature. The Hindu Buddhism concentrate on chatras, the Thailand Buddhism focus on spell and extreme mind power(learning of alien beast), the Chinese Buddhism may be more on pure Buddhism or Zen Buddhism , while the western Buddhism are Hindu chatras Buddhism, the Tibetian Buddhism is influenced by green lizard alien.

So to lump them they have to be compromised with one another . I think it's tougher than my work while I can compelling them to take respond to me and you only can persuade them to understand your notion. It will be a long run task just result as an exercise or....
Old 26-10-2016, 09:38 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSEe
Dear Sir , from my over 10 years of observation / experience in communication with people in circle of Buddhism ,I am deeply concern of the way Buddhism is transforming . Buddhism currently is lead by many group of people taking advantage of their mere knowledge transforming Buddhism into a form of knowledge , rituals , beliefs , culture and tradition . This has to be stopped .

Thanks
Ee Chuan Seng’
[email protected]

As I see it the original teachings of the Buddha have been transforming themselves since day one. We can make our own judgements as to what is authentic and what is not but this should guide our own path rather than lead us towards judgement of others.

There is the story of the zen master who led a monastic order numbered in the thousands. He was asked once exactly how many followers he had......."Oh, maybe two or three".

Are we the "two or three"?

Sorry, I will not sign up. The world does not need yet another movement with some objective.

But all the best. What do I know?
Old 26-10-2016, 02:43 PM
Master
Hi CSE,

Have you noticed through all your conversations that it is you who has a fixed view of Buddhism? That no matter what is shown, offered or presented to you if it doesn't fit your view you discard it?

I for one know I have a lot to learn about Buddhism and am open to being corrected and learning.

Can you say the same?
Old 26-10-2016, 03:51 PM
Suspended
Master

I think that movement already started. It was called Zen.

But then if you want to completely take religion out of the movement, you have people like Mooji, Tolle, Krishanamurti etc that are all doing that. Well Krishnamurti is dead so he is not doing it on earth as Krishnamurti anymore. His books and organization are though.
Old 26-10-2016, 04:32 PM
Suspended
I find this in Google(so Zen is quite an old Buddhism in China):

Zen (Chinese: 禪; pinyin: Chán) is a school of Mahayana Buddhism [note 1] that originated in China during the Tang dynasty as Chan Buddhism. ... From China, Chan Buddhism spread south to Vietnam, northeast to Korea and east to Japan, where it became known as Japanese Zen.
Zen - Wikipedia
Wikipedia › wiki › Zen
Old 26-10-2016, 05:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanWind
I think that movement already started. It was called Zen.

But then if you want to completely take religion out of the movement, you have people like Mooji, Tolle, Krishanamurti etc that are all doing that. Well Krishnamurti is dead so he is not doing it on earth as Krishnamurti anymore. His books and organization are though.

I think Adyashanti also. Even though he began his path in the zen tradition, he has moved beyond even the zen rituals.

♬ ♫ ♪ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtnJUS30olE ♪ ♫ ♬