Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 01-02-2018, 03:50 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
The truth is relative to one's own agenda, therefore it is absolutely relative.
This is how I see it. Some just have more flexibility.
“Once you realize that the road is the goal and that you are always on the road, not to reach a goal, but to enjoy its beauty and its wisdom, life ceases to be a task and becomes natural and simple, in itself an ecstasy.”
― Nisargadatta Maharaj
Old 01-02-2018, 04:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndoftheRoad

Especially if they practice yoga.
Old 01-02-2018, 05:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceField
Does absolute truth exist? Or is all truth relative? Please provide evidence or logic to support your view.

Note that if you answer that there is no absolute truth, you will be quickly and efficiently refuted. Just a heads up!
At the foundation of everything is the potential for anything. That foundation is truth, God, the unknown, source, etc.
It is what all the many truths out there have in common.

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness
Old 02-02-2018, 12:44 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Agreeing with BlueSky in general. I also think absolute truth exists when ego dissipates, there are many such moments and the clarity and beauty is obvious, but then the veil returns. I assume for the Masters it does not return, but that's my guess only.

BT
Old 02-02-2018, 10:04 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndoftheRoad
If you really want to know the truth all you have to do is ask yourself the reasons you believe what you do.
Old 02-02-2018, 10:25 AM
Eelco

I am so waiting for the quick and efficient refutements.

With Love
Eel o
Old 02-02-2018, 02:12 PM
Badcopyinc

Re-thought my answer.

Absolute Truth Does not exist.

For there to be an absolute truth means that you've reached an end of all knowledge seeking. that means perfection, that means death.

Everything that i have learned as truth has been replaced by another truth in time. All i really have is whats in front of me right now what my mind can currently comprehend now. Any truth i have right now is not absolute because in time it will be replaced by another truth either upon death or ascension.
Old 02-02-2018, 05:47 PM
Guide
Absolute truth does exist...without it there would only be chaos and this material universe we live in would never have formed.

That said, we are stuck with looking at the absolute truth from our own limited individual perspectives, and that is there the confusion comes in. Individual perspective is subjective no matter how big of a truth one is able to observe.
Old 02-02-2018, 06:24 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badcopyinc
Re-thought my answer.

Absolute Truth Does not exist.

For there to be an absolute truth means that you've reached an end of all knowledge seeking. that means perfection, that means death.

So people saying that any absolute does not and cannot exist are also saying they don't believe "God" or "Source" is, has, or knows absolute truth. It does not exist in any form or being? This is an absolute then.

You mean the "I" cannot know and "God" cannot know? Is the Spiritual included in saying this!
Old 02-02-2018, 06:59 PM
Badcopyinc

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
So people saying that any absolute does not and cannot exist are also saying they don't believe "God" or "Source" is, has, or knows absolute truth. It does not exist in any form or being? This is an absolute then.

You mean the "I" cannot know and "God" cannot know? Is the Spiritual included in saying this!

It is because i believe in god that i know there is no absolute truth.
I know God/source does not have absolute truth. If god had absolute truth he would not have created us. He would not be experiencing himself through us.

If god had the absolute truth he would be perfect and if he was perfect he would be dead. and if god was dead i wouldn't be here now to offer my view.

If something is perfect it has no room for growth and is dead.
Do you think god is dead?