Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 23-09-2017, 12:46 AM
Seeker

How to differentiate voices in your head?

Ive had this problem for a long time now. Sometimes if I feel like there would be a spiritual presence near me (maybe a spirit guide or a angel) then I would ask a question, sometimes outloud or in my head then I would get a answer back in my head.

Problem is I don't know if its my self wanting to answer my own question then answering it or the spirit's answer. Is there some sort of feeling when a spirit talks to you?
Old 23-09-2017, 08:59 AM
Pathfinder

Some people have some sensitivities with the spiritural world, witch means they might live in the midle of the leaving world and the world of the dead. People who live between these two worlds are psychics, witches etc. Maybe you are one of them. I can help you find out if you want to.
Old 26-09-2017, 01:31 PM
Pathfinder

Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelis
Ive had this problem for a long time now. Sometimes if I feel like there would be a spiritual presence near me (maybe a spirit guide or a angel) then I would ask a question, sometimes outloud or in my head then I would get a answer back in my head.

Problem is I don't know if its my self wanting to answer my own question then answering it or the spirit's answer. Is there some sort of feeling when a spirit talks to you?

This is hard to answer because it is different for everyone. There is a possibility that you won't feel anything different, and it can still be an answer from spirit, but some of the things to look out for are:

Does the answer come without being provoked? Or do you feel like you are actively making up the answer? Does it come in your thinking voice, but in a higher or lower tone than you usually use? Does it use words that you normally wouldn't use in your conversational speech, even to yourself? Do you feel any vibrations or sensations in your head or chest , or goosebumps when you ask or receive an answer?

Having a thought conversation with spirit can be difficult for people just starting out. Automatic writing is a good first step. Do a question and answer session, in writing, just as you would out loud. You may start to "feel" the answers as well as "hearing" them. A good sign is when the answer is already forming in your head before you get the question written down. This does take practice but it is fun.

Also, I would suggest starting with questioning and answering your self and your Higher self, so that at first it doesn't matter if you are getting the answers right, because either way it is you answering. Win-Win!

**edit** what John32241 says down below sounds like great advice too

Last edited by stars : 26-09-2017 at 03:49 PM.
Old 26-09-2017, 02:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelis

Hi,

In my view, there is a process for evolving that skill.

Examing the answers to your questions. Put what seems like good advice into practice. Evaluate the resulta of those efforts and discuss them with the voice providing you with answers/guidance.

The big issue is often the quality of your questions. When you learn how to ask good questions your confidence in these matters will excellorate. In my view, a good question would be about self discovery and personal empowerment. A poor question is often expecting a guide to make choices for you.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 01-10-2017, 10:56 PM
Master
iv had ths for yrs i hav in my hed
if i tld pelel thy wud thng im skisofric thy wud or sum bipolr
or othr thngs 2 cum hear i feal sush a spirtal persn do

im goin 2 say sothng 2 day i saw my dad in my hom i did warki alng pasge i did it wz him i cud feal it wz him
if i tld anyy 1 else ty wud not belve me i no wot i sae it w z my dad it wz deffo him it wz
coz it lkt lk him smelt lk him wz him
wish he cud f stad but it wz for abt few mins but deffo him i no his still arnd
plsd i sean ths pots i did
dnt wory abot its sprit it is cud be luvd 1s frm humns 2 pets
sorry if iv bean goin on 2 mush

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 02-10-2017, 09:08 PM
Master
I can try to help with this best with my own examples of what I experience and what goes on within my own mind, when I question whether I am being guided or possibly in communication with spirit:

Automatic writing experiment of my own- ask what is your name? Answer is an audible malicious sounding voice states Jezebel.- In my view useless garbage.

An experience I was initially unaware of as it came in a daydream visualization: My grandmother, myself, my brother, my father, and my brother's friend relaxing talking at my grandmother's house in a visualization. I walk into my grandmother's house in the visualization with a blade of grass in my mouth, in the visualization my grandfather's (passed on) voice is heard- he says "Tell Richard to get the grass out of his mouth".

My father came home an hour after the daydream. He had a call from my grandmother that his cousin Richard had died. He was walking to work and struck by a vehicle- Motorcyclist I believe. The vehicle had struck a tree.

The vehicle operator suffered minor injuries and my father's cousin was killed. This happened not but last week. My visualization was on the same day of my father's cousin's death at 5pm. Richard died that Wednesday in the morning hours around 7 am. - a mediumship related experience- or a communication from the spirit world.

Thoughts in my head- The thought metromime, then questioning whether metromime is a real thing then a thought mimes suck, then the thought I agree, then my internal dialogue wondering if this a guidance. My internal dialogue stating in thought that the guidance is a demon and it agrees with me (rolls eyes) then the thought- does not sound like my own thoughts that states- google it- my thought- don't tell me what the hell to do.

I googled it. Was hit a bit down the page with a site titled metromime. The site had the simple words mimes suck. A comment in the comment section stated "I agree with you".-

Is that a communication? I have decided could be simple universal information picked up- but all in all serves no purpose to me again useless garbage.

An audible slightly demonic sounding voice states I am a Navajo Devil- I wondered if this meant anything as Navajo devil sounded quite specific- looked it up to find information about the Navajo people and their beliefs in Chindis. Found information on herbs and other measures they use to protect themselves. - While this is not necessarily a mediumship or spiritual reading experience and not one of the more profound experiences and information to receive it is not particularly bad in and of itself- Demonic sounding source- semi-helpful information, even only if I was able to learn something new. Will not actively communicate with the source of the voice again or TRY not to.

What many do not understand is I am not able to actively decide what comes to me or not. It may sound demonic- it may sound like my grandfather, it may sound like my own thoughts, or it may sound like a common thought but not my own voice. One in particular comes often and sounds sorta nerdy- that was the voice that told me to google the metromime conversation.

None of this makes me evil. It does not mean I am playing with the demonic side of spirituality- I have already stated it and will state it again- I do not control what either comes or makes itself known to me. That is all. I do not sit around wasting my time casting curses on people, and speaking in tongues. I simply listen and discern.

And that brings us to the topic here- discerning voices- my recommendation is exactly as John said- what is useful or positive? Is what is said helpful?

And do not worry about it sounding like your own thoughts- sometimes what sounds like our own thoughts can give very good guidance. Example I am walking down the street and make an off the cut judgment about someone- often times my own thinking voice speaks up and says- why did you say that? You don't know anything about them...

And then I get the point and I state- you're right. That wasn't very nice. There was no need for that.

But as far as that goes also John makes a good point- why would you like a guidance? ask yourself. Personally I do not want any spirits attempting to make bigger or any really decisions for me.

Best of luck to you on your journey.

Blessings.
Old 04-10-2017, 09:53 PM
Seeker
My"litmus" test is whether or not the information has emotion attached. Emotion = self dialogue. Detachment=Spirit.
Old 05-10-2017, 03:54 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychictiff
My"litmus" test is whether or not the information has emotion attached. Emotion = self dialogue. Detachment=Spirit.
I agree with the above. I also want to add, for me, the thoughts from angels/guides usually come out of the blue. They'll just pop into mind.
Old 05-10-2017, 09:03 PM
Guide
There's times where I'll be thinking about a certain situation or things will just come to my mind and I had no clue on where it came from. Other times I feel as if my mother is calling for me, once I find her she'll need my help with something and be upset about something. It's a vibe I usually get. Anytime it happens, I'll end up getting really bad headaches or migraines anytime it happens. I can't explain it a lot of the time and it happens when I'm least expecting it.