Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 15-01-2013, 05:28 PM
Experiencer

Historical Doppelgangers - Making a Case for Reincarnation

http://www.buzzfeed.com/virginmobile...-doppelgangers

I'll post a couple of the pics, you can click on the link for the rest

Old 15-01-2013, 11:20 PM
Dawn

That is seriously too freaky about those pictures!! Thanks for sharing!
Old 15-01-2013, 11:53 PM
Experiencer

Love this, I'm always getting people saying hello to me thinking I'm someone else lol but freakiest was at work, I was in the step down unit and a carer walked in and looked at me and said " Didn't I just see you walking over toward the kitchen ? " ( which is in a totally different part of the unit ) he looked very perplexed
Old 15-01-2013, 11:53 PM
Gracey

huh, so bizarre.
Old 16-01-2013, 04:05 PM
Experiencer

Here is Travolta's doppelganger:

Whats interesting aboot George Carlin and Darwin they were both hardcore atheists:

And Donald Trump was born exactly 1 year after Gen. Patton died:

Old 16-01-2013, 04:11 PM
Master
Great pictures, but does this really have anything to do with reincarnation? I feel I have chosen vastly different DNA for lives, therefore, I wouldn't look like myself in each. There might be commonalities in them all --things that most people wouldn't catch, but perhaps I would. Or maybe the similarities would be between the personalities of each life. But, again, that couldn't be seen in pictures.

This is the just the art of finding similarities in pictures. What evidence do you have to support these people are reincarnations of themselves?

IsleWalker - Lora
Old 16-01-2013, 04:32 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
Great pictures, but does this really have anything to do with reincarnation? I feel I have chosen vastly different DNA for lives, therefore, I wouldn't look like myself in each
Thats because when you reincarnate you have the choice whether to look alike, or look totally different.

At least thats the theory
Old 16-01-2013, 04:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresco
Thats because when you reincarnate you have the choice whether to look alike, or look totally different.

At least thats the theory

Fresco--

Assuming one got what they intended out of a life (and they wouldn't have passed if they weren't "done"), then why would you choose the same look, assuming look is an important part of one's experience in physical?

It just makes little sense to me.

Lora

P.S. I am making some assumptions that (a) lives are for either learning something new or (b) for experiencing the "strong contrasts" that physical life provides. If you've already experienced those contrasts in one form, why do it again? Reincarnation only makes sense to me if you change things up each life in order to enhance your experience/learning.
Old 16-01-2013, 05:09 PM
Quagmire

Also with the amount of humans and the limit these days in physical human expression I guess you can find quite a lot you can put alongside one of those historical images and create a case. Not saying they are not accurate because I have no way of knowing just saying that there could be quite a lot of possibilities...

But yes it truly is great pictures
Old 16-01-2013, 06:39 PM
InFurs

Very interesting but I disagree with the theory of coming back looking nearly exactly as how you looked before. That's awfully boring and you can't experience living as different people. For example if I came back with the 100% EXACT same hair colour, eye colour - I would go mad. But I do think you would have some common traits as your past life self (like how you share uncanny traits as your parents).
I'm talking about things like how your eyes might light up the same way, or even the same stare/glance, similar facial expressions, something subtle but is still unmistakable that make the person who notices just say "wow you do that the exact way so-and-so does" . It makes you; you. The thing that you have or do that no one else can imitate because it's like a souls fingerprint. So I do think there would be some resemblance HOWEVER I find it very peculiar how these people have incarnated as the same gender/same race, showing how these people who have noticed this can't look past physical attributes...Just my opinion/belief. Come on guys its the soul that makes a person not the body.

5+ points for the picture of Nicholas Cage he makes me laugh, even when I just think about him (You Don't Say meme face)