Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 19-08-2011, 12:02 AM
Docha

I understand the characters are real. Not created from others writings. I'm sorry didn't mean to imply. But it seems to me a couple of famous authors might unkowingly share the same truth. It was very interesting to think so.

I definately see similarities in the stories. Not sure how it would all tie in.

I am blanking at the correct spelling and even names at the moment. Arkon, teya, and owl are the 'characters' that stand out the strongest. I can't differentiate between you on the forums and greenslade in the story. Lol you have a kindred feel about you is all I can put to it. The others I'm not quite sure.

Reading the posts in the forums was quite enlightening. The way you all communicated was a tad insightfull, yet I haven't figured out how to put it to words.

You, greenslade are familiar. That is all I can put to words right now. I so easily felt as if icoild step into the story myself. Lol But, the darkness or evil didn't seem to grab hold. The other side, was the quandry for me. Lol but then I always loved darth vader as a child too. The dark doesn't stir fear as much as curiosity. I'm strange that way.

Some of the characters I didn't feel a pull or affinity to. They felt out of place.

But all I got is feelings to relate. As my creativity seems to be lacking at the moment. Once I get in that mindset though watch out...lol I love to write.

So have you ever read the authors margrett weiss and tracy hickman? They write together quite a bit. Their worlds and abyss are very similar. I would as an outside observer assume their writings influenced the setting. If there was no influence from them, even all the more intriguing. Perhaps missing pieces of the story?
Old 19-08-2011, 07:28 AM
Greenslade

Sometimes when people write these things the characters are entirely fictitious. I think when I started writing I wanted to explore aspects of myself, given swords and sorcery how would I write? Little did I know then that the aspects of myself would become more than aspects of my character. Back then I was a practising medium, and sitting writing the stories I had a Spirit link. As I wrote my energies would change depending on the character I was writing for - I had three in there lol. Greenslade was the main one and the one I associate most with. Johelia is 'more made up'. Being honest, we didn't worry if they fitted in or not. It was there, we gave vent. None of us as anything like writers but the it was never about the story but what went on inside it - a story in itself lol.

Arkon and Owl are old friends from... another time. Arkon is my best friend and married to my daughter Teya (aka Caliandra). Those four out of all of them would be the ones I would think you would connect with, they are 'Old Souls'. The others probably not so much. We did bring in other characters to the story, it would have been pretty boring if it was just the Questers. There are also one or two characters that would feel a little out of place there, they are not 'Old Souls'. And some of the stories aren't meant to tie in, part of the fun of it was going off exploring at a whim. The Scribe's stories are pretty random and not really a part of the Queste as such, but my old friend Aleysin would sit on my shoulder and make me want to give vent to them :-) We also used a couple of stories to bring other characters in that were a little shy about joining the main Queste straight away.

It seems much of my task is connecting people, as happened with the Queste more than once. What the connection is being made to, well that's a different story completely. Like the Queste where the task is to find the Lost Souls of Atlantis, so there are Souls out there that have not reconnected to their heritage. That will come in the fullness of time though. I believe that these Souls know their own, and they will connect even if their brains aren't aware of it. it's happened before, it'll happen again. It's happening now :-)

There's a classic struggle going on between good and evil, and that struggle is reflected from the Heavens down and from the earth back up again. 'As Above, So Below' works the other way round too. It's been said that there was a war in heaven and the only way to resolve it was to implode the dimensions from the 12th all the way down to the 3rd, leaving a Golden One at every dimension to maintain the connections to Home. Call it truth, call it metaphor but you can see that reflected again and again, most notably in the Bible. What was going on in the Queste was a reflection of that 'struggle in heaven'. Be careful what you wish for in Past Life exploration, you might just get it. Perhaps different characters would make a different story and there comes a time when things move on. When you are good and ready, you are most welcome.

If you got feelings to relate that's the important thing. It's a vehicle, a place to explore and that's it. The story isn't important, what is important are the characters themselves and what happens within the story. The story is a reflection, but much of it is 'out of time'. The characters and the interaction, that's what it's all about though. It's like old friends meeting and sharing their stories, they don't always go in chronological order - there's little logical at all in some of it :-) It was never really meant to be a story that would win the Pulitzer Prize lol.

Nope, never read any of their books. Maybe I'll have to dig a few out and take a gander. There aren't any books that have influenced the story in any major way. Perhaps Anne McAffrey's dragon series, but then thinking back when I was reading her books there was already something that would have ended up in the Queste, and I was reading her many years before that. As I was writing about the crystal ship, I remembered a book called 'The Ship That Sang'. Basically it was about a spaceship that had been implanted with a voluntary human consciousness. Did that book influence the crystal ship or was it reflecting what was already there, undiscovered?

The story is never finished because the Journey is never over. The missing pieces are the ones that are waiting for the writer to tell.
Old 19-08-2011, 03:45 PM
Docha

Well I think its very cool. I didn't get the impression that you were taking things from other stories. Its why I asked.

Because the intent was to 'soul search' I found it very interesting that the links were there from my most favored authors. I have the annotated version with their comments. Each of their characters were created from the imaginations if the six friends that came together to create the game so many know and love.

I personally feel an affinity to the authors and never pass up any series they write. They have quite a few out. My first thought was perhaps part of the soul group.
When I read for fun I do grow affinities for some authors. Even if the writing style is lacking something. There has yet to be a story I didn't already know the ending to after the first chapter...I like stories for the sake of the story.

Reading the forums was even more intriguing. The people behind the characters were just as familiar as the characters themselves.

I absolutely love the concept of using such a form to explore the spiritual. To possibly bring past lives to light. I've always thought the imsgination was the starting point to understand the spirit world. Perhaps its why fantasyis my genre of choice.

I'm not sure how I would fit in if I were to be writing with you guys as well. Not in the aspect of characterization or writing style, but the 'plot' would be elusive. In your words not sure what aspect I would bring in, perhaps a completely new one?

Arkon's writing style spoke to me the loudest. These are the nuances I step back and figure out. I could read them all with ease, but it was his that immersed me in tne story the most. I wondered if he was a writer typically. Does he do it for fun if not professionally?

When Teya was introduced and Arkon around, I did put them together in my head, a little while later that's the way it went. It made me smile, that's the way it should be.

When Owl entered, there was no doubt she belonged. Friend/kindred was the thought. But I did wonder where her counterpart was. Lol I have this horrible habbit of pairing characters off. I shouldn't, but its always twos in my head.

I would be interested to see what would happen if new questers were brought in. Would it change the story completely or would it fill it in?

I laughed to see you talk of googling for answers. I do the same and am always amazed how I never end up where I think I will. For instance looking for information on native americans took me to the icelandic sagas. That is when I started to piece together that all cultures are part of the same epic story.

I think we should hound nightowl to take a look at your site, lol something tells me she would enjoy it as well!

When coming across new things like this, it always takes a bit to settle. Its kind of like being a kid in a toy store, the excitement is overwhelming and you don't know exactly what your looking for, but after a bit you find the thing that seems to fit.

Thank you for sharing it. Its definately inspiring.
Old 20-08-2011, 01:07 AM
nightowl

After reading the wonderful stories y'all have shared it is time for me to add to the mix this is one of my possible past life stories.

It takes place round the 1890's or so...

I am around 12 years old and have some brothers and sisters, not sure how many of each. I think my mother had passed on and my father had hired a Cherokee woman as a housekeeper, cook and child care provider. Our home was on the outskirts of a small town in the mountains of North Carolina. I had a special relationship with this dear woman, for she was teaching me some of the ways of her people. It had caused trouble for my family.The people of the town disapproved of this Native woman being in charge of raising children. This attitude lead to me being accused by the towns people of cursing a towns woman, and causing her death. We had to leave our home and go into hiding...

I have a very vivid memory of the house we lived in and of the husband of the dead woman standing next to her grave with a stone church behind him; and feeling the glare of his stare as we walked by...

That is all I have for now on this. I am amazed at how real this feels, all new to me

nightowl
Old 20-08-2011, 05:02 AM
Docha

Lol nightowl don't stop there!

I had a dream the other night that a real world soul mate was in...someone or something confirmed loudly that we shared past lives. Haha that is as close as I'm coming lately. 'Sigh'
Old 20-08-2011, 09:06 AM
Greenslade

It can get interesting when professional writers reflect. I remember a dream I had about Atlantis. I had gone to do some work and was shown around what looked like a control room. This tall bald-headed guy was explaining what was going on and what the controls did. The thing that fascinated me the most was a sentient frog that was sitting atop some kind of translucent ball, making very fine adjustments to something. He seemed quite happy with himself and it was explained to me that he was one of the few that could do that job because of the sensitivity of his feet. The frog sat there and smiled up at me, obviously aware of my surprise. Just then a voice came into my head, telling me to take notice of what was going on so I took a good look around. Just after that a woman was being shown in. We nodded to each other and as I looked at her I got the feeling she was familiar. Perhaps she had the same feeling?

A few years later I acquired a book called 'When We Were Gods' by Carole Chapman. It was strange how it got to me because apparently it was only available in America, which disappointed me at the time. However, a copy finally wound its way into my possession. I read the book and that very same scene was described in the book. Had Carole Chapman been the woman that had been shown around, the one I nodded to? It's the one and only time I've heard mention of a sentient frog.

Imagination is the key, as Owl in the Queste is always saying. Most dismiss it in favour of facts which doesn't work for me, I like to leave it to off on its own and pretty soon it brings the facts along with it. There is a saying, 'when the pupil is ready the teacher will come'. I think it's the same when you're going down a Path of imagination and exploration. You imagine yourself in that time or wondering what it would be like to know those people, then s single wrong click on Google brings all that info slaps you upside the head.

Strange, I seem to have an affinity with Iceland and have read some of Snorri Sturlinson. Not sure what to make of him, being honest. I was told that I had been in the time of the Bock Saga - http://www.mousewaggler.co.uk/bocksaga/ Vikings fascinate me but I don't remember a Past Life as one. Not too far from here is the site where the Scots and the Vikings had their last battle, and there is a massive mound of stones, each representing a Life lost in the battle. I always get emotional when I'm there so perhaps there's a link?

The Queste is/was quite fluid, it went where the characters took it. Sometimes we went into the chatroom and discussed ideas, sometimes we had ***??? in the forums, but we all rallied round each other. Maybe there's a little synchronicity here because I was thinking about re-starting it. One of our major players committed suicide and that really knocked the stuffing out of me good and proper, and being honest I can't find the Heart to write again. Perhaps new blood is the spur (big stick) I need. We're trying to get some time organised for the chatroom, so if that happens I'll send you the link. Be warned, it gets a tad... rambumtious in there :-) The banter is often enthusiastic. You'd be welcome too, NightOwl. Hopefully Arkon will be there with Teya, and it would be interesting to see what you make of Anni. The good thing about the Queste is that you can do what you like in there. There are only two rules. Don't write for other people's characters and tell people where you're going. If you decide to trot off on your own, write yourself out of the story your'e in, that way the other characters aren't trying to talk to you when you're miles away lol. But other than that, help yourself. There isn't a direct link to the 'sign-up' page but I can give you it. Maybe Nightowl could use some nagging at :-) By the way NightOwl, Arkon and Teya were both at Renne, and no doubt Arkon would be more able to give you some answers. Your ears pinned back now? lol

Both you and NightOwl belong in the Queste, or at least with the people. We still have a king to crown and DragonHome to rebuild. There are children waiting for me to return and I miss them all. And it's been a long time since I've been on dragonback.

It's all to the good. Nightowl. I may be way off beam here but....... There was an orphanage not too far from your home, it looked like something out of 'Little House on the Prairie'. It was on a hill, think to one side of it there was a lot of open grassland and woods on the other. At the bottom of the hill was a small stream with an old (oak?) tree that grew over the stream. The girls used to have a rope swing they would play on that swung over the stream. It wasn't deep, not much more than knee-deep so the chances of them drowning were pretty minimal. There were some large rocks on the bottom though. One day one of the girls slipped off the rope (it snapped I think) and hit her head on a rock. By the time they got her back to the house (I was the doctor there) she was past any help. All I could do is sit and talk to her while she slipped away. She was lucid to the end, then I watched as her Soul (I actually saw it) slip away. Just wondering if.....
Old 20-08-2011, 04:17 PM
Docha

Interesting about the saga Greenalde.

I have a book about norse mythology which is somewhat. Parallel to the icelandic sagas. Translate the names to welsh or other languages, different takes of the same events. Attilla the hun, married into the 'drama' its interesting that many historians don't think they know how he died, yet there it is in the sagas. He had a different name.

I don't believe Odin was always a god. He was a boy caught in battle. His story is where the Legend of King Arthur comes from. Read the fantasy of the myth but put in 'people' Odin lost his eye as a child due to an invasion. With Norse mythology, the kings were the bloodlines of the gods. In that regard 'real' people became. Levated to goddom.

The tower of babble, Noah and some biblicle characters make cameos as well. The tower of babble was a great library in which people went to study languages. A far cry from the reason the bible gives for the intent. Yet, is it? To unite all the languages, perhaps was the search for god. Had it not been struck down, mythologies may have been united for the whole story. The Gods or God may have been revealed.

I was spellbound as the mythologies seem to be the begining of fantasy stories. As in humans always loved the genre! Lol I dug around a lot linking one culture to the next. It was what made native american mythology really click. It also made one of my tarot decks come to life for me. The author was steeped in Norse mythology, though its not also referenced clearly. The Valkerys coming up over and over again, finally had me piece it together.

I've tossed around the ide that perhaps I don't remember my stories because they are already written. I get nudges and generally find information, stories etc. My love of writing, story telling may have been with me from the start. The only problem with that is, not knowing which player I would have been exactly.

Its interesting that you get stuff on nightowls story. It feels like I should know it, yet I come up blank. The only bit I can grab is a young (teen boy). I can almost imagine the cherokee woman and the father but they start to get fuzzy if I focus on them. This is how my writers block comes too. I just go blank and for the life of me can't get jumpstarted again. Many of my stories sit for a year then I pull them back out write for a while and do it again.

I'm a 'snapshot' writer, get 'scenes' then go back and link them. I often have multiple stories going on at the same time.

I figure eventually like with all things esoteric, I will find the one piece of the puzzle that will make the past life rememberances click, and it will all hit at once. I just need one person/or tidbit of knowlege that will be the 'key'. Its how I've always approached things. So I'm sure its no accident I am here. Lol

I just gotta stop trying to hard!
Old 20-08-2011, 07:37 PM
nightowl

Hey GS and Docha,

This all sounds so interesting...

So I must be prepared to be nagged???

GS, the scene you described about the little girl and the stream, doesn't really connect to me, at least for me, it doesn't feel tied to the other house dream that includes the Cherokee woman...is this the one you are tying this girl to?

Chatroom! I don't do chatrooms...heheeee

Docha, write it out you will remember

nightowl
Old 21-08-2011, 05:29 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docha
Interesting about the saga Greenalde.

I have a book about norse mythology which is somewhat. Parallel to the icelandic sagas. Translate the names to welsh or other languages, different takes of the same events. Attilla the hun, married into the 'drama' its interesting that many historians don't think they know how he died, yet there it is in the sagas. He had a different name.

I don't believe Odin was always a god. He was a boy caught in battle. His story is where the Legend of King Arthur comes from. Read the fantasy of the myth but put in 'people' Odin lost his eye as a child due to an invasion. With Norse mythology, the kings were the bloodlines of the gods. In that regard 'real' people became. Levated to goddom.

The tower of babble, Noah and some biblicle characters make cameos as well. The tower of babble was a great library in which people went to study languages. A far cry from the reason the bible gives for the intent. Yet, is it? To unite all the languages, perhaps was the search for god. Had it not been struck down, mythologies may have been united for the whole story. The Gods or God may have been revealed.

I was spellbound as the mythologies seem to be the begining of fantasy stories. As in humans always loved the genre! Lol I dug around a lot linking one culture to the next. It was what made native american mythology really click. It also made one of my tarot decks come to life for me. The author was steeped in Norse mythology, though its not also referenced clearly. The Valkerys coming up over and over again, finally had me piece it together.

I've tossed around the ide that perhaps I don't remember my stories because they are already written. I get nudges and generally find information, stories etc. My love of writing, story telling may have been with me from the start. The only problem with that is, not knowing which player I would have been exactly.

Its interesting that you get stuff on nightowls story. It feels like I should know it, yet I come up blank. The only bit I can grab is a young (teen boy). I can almost imagine the cherokee woman and the father but they start to get fuzzy if I focus on them. This is how my writers block comes too. I just go blank and for the life of me can't get jumpstarted again. Many of my stories sit for a year then I pull them back out write for a while and do it again.

I'm a 'snapshot' writer, get 'scenes' then go back and link them. I often have multiple stories going on at the same time.

I figure eventually like with all things esoteric, I will find the one piece of the puzzle that will make the past life rememberances click, and it will all hit at once. I just need one person/or tidbit of knowlege that will be the 'key'. Its how I've always approached things. So I'm sure its no accident I am here. Lol

I just gotta stop trying to hard!

I often wonder about how much of history is skewed either because the facts aren't known or it's been written by the victors. In the Bock Saga for instance, they call it the Rot (pronounced root) language. According to the Saga, Buddha was an Aesir. The Aesir were their gods essentially but they lived amongst the people and not in any form of Heaven. I often wonder if there are direct links to the Aesir and the Tuatha de Dannan - perhaps they're the same people. The Aesir and the Vanir lived in Oodenmaa, Finland. There's a lot of controversy around it, even to the Finnish government denying it has anything to do with the Finnish people. But from there you can see the roots of mush of the Norse mythology. It could all be true, it could all be made up by Ior Bock. Strange how Oodenmaa, Odin and Wednesday are all linked.

There's also a lot of history that's been deliberately destroyed - like the Tower of Babel and the library at Alexandria. What may have been revealed if they had survived? The truth perhaps?

There's a book lying buried in my collection somewhere - Finger(Foot?)print of the Gods. What the author did was study the mythologies of various cultures around the globe and found so many commonalities between them. It seems there's a very common thread running through them all, as if they had been directly influenced by some external inspiration. I suppose back then there were so many people migrating from one country to the next there's hardly any wonder there are so many common tales of gods and the like.

Most of the stories had to be made palatable for the audience of their day. Back in those times the story was all they had, there were few who were literate and even less access to books, so everything had to be passed down through word of mouth. The medicine man had to tell the stories his forebears passed on to him and so on they went. But were they fantasy or were they simply the unexplainable and the metaphor of the day? It's like stories of dragons, for instance. Are they simply mythical creatures or are they Past Life memories of a Life on other planets? If people have memories of being incarnate in a blue body, why would the flora and fauna have to be the same as what's around us now? I don't know why, but I personally believe there were two pivotal cultures. The first were the Sumerians (who talked of a people from the east who came and gave them civilisation) and the Norse. It seems there is much that's a variation on that theme. There's also evidence that the Vikings sailed to America, so it's entirely possible that they influenced Native American Indian culture.

What does stand out for me is variations on the 'Golden Ones' or the 'Shining Ones'. The Sumerians mentioned them and they're featured in the true translation of the Hebrew texts that are used as the basis for the book of Genesis. If you like the alternative history Path, Google 'Alternative Genesis'. It's an interesting read. The Golden/Shining ones are mentioned in the tales of the Tuatha de Danaan and in Mayan history - Qetzlcoatl was one. With only slight variations with the name (Egbert isn't a name for a Mayan god lol) they're the same people over and over again. Always the same descriptions, always the same roles.

Don't try and get a handle on your stories too quickly. Forget the facts, just write what's in your Heart and leave the rest to your imagination. As soon as you start looking for facts in the fantasy it's not long before it fades away. I used to get a Spirit link and just batter away at the keyboard then read it through later on. Let your fingers do the talking, and when the talking is done then you can sit back and pick the bones from it. Same with multiple stories sometimes. If there is no time then all of these Past Lives are happening right now. Perhaps your multiple stories are connections to aspects of yourself that have their realities in different times/places.

No, it's no accident that you're here, there are Souls who will always find their own kindred and connect. For me the facts don't really matter. I have this stuff in my head and it's going to get shifted before my head explodes. But then, maybe sometime much later I get something to confirm and it turns into a wowser moment.

Go along for the ride, NightOwl. Let the imagination loose and take the rest as it comes. I wasn't sure if you'd connect with the story of the orphanage or not being honest, I can't be certain if there is a connection. Sometimes I throw pebbles in the water to see how they ripple, that one fell flat. No matter, plenty more where they came from :-)
Old 21-08-2011, 06:27 PM
Docha

I will have to look into that book. I found the same, I am drawn to so many cultures, one thing just leads into the next. But I found the same, all have links to each other.

Universal links..

There was a great flood that covered the earth. Every culture has a variation of the story, each with 'chosen' survivors.

There were once dragons. Though I wonder if they were dinosaurs. As the comodo dragon's saliva is dangerously acidic.

There is a spirit world.

But yes comparing the different stories of the notherners paints a full picture of how things went. Attilla the hun (Atle or Etzel) was much respected by the northerners, but no one was sure how he came by his wealth or where he came from. However we know now he came from the east. He had many followers and his seventh wife had a hand in his demise, one story says he died in defense of her, another days he was angry and so decapitated her young son in front of a hall of guests..depends which side is telling it.

We do know Atilla was a brutal man. That all his wives died but the seventh makes me believe the latter. I was told by a channeler that I had been one of the fates incarnated.

The story of sigmund and gudrun is tied into the fate that was punnished to fall in love with a mortal for dissobaying Odin. Brunhilde was believed to be this valkery incarnated.

Its fascinating to me. I get nudges all the time from outside sources. Yet no clarity of my own. Lol

Oh it was gudrun that was attillas seventh wife. She married him to get revenge on brunhilde for killing her husband, sigmund. Who is claimed to be the father of her first born daughter concieved out of wedlock. She became bitter when he never returned to her and married his good friend after sigmund married gudrun...lol its very karmic