Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 15-08-2011, 02:26 AM
nightowl

It must be something remembering all those lives GS...

I thought that being drawn to certain time periods is sometimes an indicator for some people, I thought that maybe some could share how that was a start of a connection for them...Silvergirl and Docha let us know how things progress for you

How much of what we are today is redeposited as our lives continue...I wonder, there has to be slivers of the past lives that carry over, wouldn't you think? Just curious...

nightowl
Old 15-08-2011, 02:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
I never much was into the reincarnation thing, but push to shove, I've 'imagined' I may have had something going on in Ireland/Scotland ~ in any event people with red hair. Also, the mention of the Titanic thing...my reaction at the very end of the movie was clearly over the top. I practically pushed people out of the way so I could escape the theatre, the emotion was so intense! I love the ocean, though...

It's always about the ocean. I can also remember the feeling that I was a man in a past life, on a ship, calm and at sunset, just a still, peaceful moment. That's all I can recall or 'pull up' from that thought.

Old 15-08-2011, 03:04 AM
nightowl

Quote:
It's always about the ocean. I can also remember the feeling that I was a man in a past life, on a ship, calm and at sunset, just a still, peaceful moment. That's all I can recall or 'pull up' from that thought.

Cool, isn't it funny how they are just snippets of things but they seem to mean something...for you ocean, sunrises and sunsets??

I have come to believe I was killed in a castle in France by a stained glass shattered by an explosion....still digesting the details...

nightowl
Old 15-08-2011, 03:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
Cool, isn't it funny how they are just snippets of things but they seem to mean something...for you ocean, sunrises and sunsets??

I have come to believe I was killed in a castle in France by a stained glass shattered by an explosion....still digesting the details...

nightowl

Heheh yeah, it's the snippets that getcha! It's really fascinating, done in by stained glass! ouch.

Old 15-08-2011, 03:09 AM
nightowl

This is from the Edgar Cayce website;

Just what is reincarnation? It is the belief that each of us goes through a series of lifetimes for the purpose of spiritual growth and soul development. Cayce’s approach does not include the concept of transmigration, which states that it is possible for human beings to be born again as animals. From the standpoint of the Cayce material, souls only occupy human bodies through their spiritual growth and developmental process.

In essence, the Cayce approach to reincarnation provides a philosophical setting to the past focusing on practical ways of dealing with this life: living, growing, and being of service to one another in the present. For him it wasn’t nearly as important to who individuals had once been, or even what they had been doing, as it was paramount that they focus on the present and the opportunities and challenges that faced them in this time, in this place, right now.

In terms of remembering your own past lives, the Edgar Cayce information provides a variety of approaches. In fact, oftentimes individuals who received readings would ask about such things as memorable dreams that were on their mind, personal traits and talents that they had always been drawn to, and even intense positive or negative relationships with other people in their lives – Cayce described how each of these things could be tied to past-life memories. With these things in mind, in order to remember your own past lives the Cayce readings recommend such things as personal inventories of your talents, abilities, likes, and dislikes; working with meditation and dreams; taking part in imaginative past-life reveries or self-hypnosis, and so forth.

From Cayce’s perspective, the reason for believing in reincarnation is not so that we can dwell upon the past or brag about the possibility of once having been someone famous, instead it is to enable a soul to understand the consequences of previous choices and to know that each individual is ultimately responsible for shaping and creating his or her life in the present. From the Cayce readings’ perspective, the past merely provided a framework of potentials and probabilities. An individual’s choices, actions, and free will in the present would determine the actual experience lived this time around. Rather than being a fatalistic approach to life, it is much more one of nearly limitless opportunities.
Old 15-08-2011, 03:10 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Heheh yeah, it's the snippets that getcha! It's really fascinating, done in by stained glass! ouch.

ouch for sure , but a colorful death no doubt...heheee excuse my morbid humor

nightowl
Old 15-08-2011, 08:07 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
It must be something remembering all those lives GS...

I thought that being drawn to certain time periods is sometimes an indicator for some people, I thought that maybe some could share how that was a start of a connection for them...Silvergirl and Docha let us know how things progress for you

How much of what we are today is redeposited as our lives continue...I wonder, there has to be slivers of the past lives that carry over, wouldn't you think? Just curious...

nightowl

Time periods are usually one of the first indicators. It could could be a fascination with the culture, wanting to know more or wishing they had lived then. Most people go for the facts, however facts are next to useless for me because my head leaks lol. I've always gone for the people. We've got two people with a thing about the ocean, maybe they were on the same boat? :-)

I think there are vestiges enough lying around. In this Life I always wanted to be a healer but was told that wasn't my Path. My Nemesis has been around a long time and has been around briefly in this Life too. Something I started in Atlantis was finished in this one. It's more than likely others have some kind of seemingly random though of being someone else or somewhere else that's a shadow of a Past Life. Looking at Cayce's material, that fits nicely - " instead it is to enable a soul to understand the consequences of previous choices and to know that each individual is ultimately responsible for shaping and creating his or her life in the present". In not being a doctor but wanting to be one, I can see the other side of that particular coin in feeling a sense of helplessness. As a doctor in that Life I could cure and heal people, but in this Life I can't. There is a woman that I have connected with in a weird way that Lives locally and she's having so many problems. Her kidneys are shutting down and she's losing weight fast on top of a whole range of other things. I would dearly Love to do something for but.... All I can do is see her every so often and watch her fade away. The choice to become a doctor then has led me to this experience - and it's frustrating and unpleasant.

Quote:
Then stay with that moment. If you can't go any further you're not meant to. There's a reason for that thought so stay there.

Lobsang Rampa goes on about the Overself here - http://www.lobsangrampa.org/overself.html

Basically, think of an octopus with tentacles. The body of the octopus is the Spirit and the Soul is on the end of each tentacle. True or not it makes sense to me and it also helps make a little more sense of reincarnation. If there is reincarnation but no time, how does that work? How can the Soul occupy so many different bodies at the same time if there is no such thing as time? There being no time would mean our Souls are in several (maybe more) places at once. The Overself works for me, and in all of my Past Lives (especially this one) I can feel the presence of that Spirit. For me, remembering Past Lives is like a short circuit in the Overself.

Strange though. There aren't that many people I resonate with on these here boards, and of those I do most of them are here :-)
Old 15-08-2011, 11:29 AM
thehermit

Chinese & Asian History

I've recieved a few snippets but theres one full story that I remember clearly.
In this I believe I met a soul connection of mine there, in fact, one that i'm curently connected to now.

The first thing I received was a girl looking up at me lovingly, shyly trying to hold my hand. She had thick long hair, her boundy tightly bound by thick fabrics. It looks almost as if she was at a cermony. I was focused on her and smiled.

The next was me at some monastary-type plac.e We stood in a courtyard, the ground was covered in stone. Part of it opening up from the ground, shubbery, and trees. There seemed to be a place specficially made for plants. I stood in a line full of young men. Each one leaving slowly one by one. I remember looking at my friend, taller than me, slyly and aking a joke. We began to laugh which only earned us punishment. We found ourselves on the ground holding ourselves up with undevlped muscles. I fell to the ground and started laughing. My friend laughed but I could tell he was frustrated.

At that point I seemed to skip a few years. My friend had developed to be very strong and handsome, while I remained goofy and somewhat dependant. I saw him sitting on the floor at a wooden table with other strong, charistmatic men. Some had interesting haircuts where hair was only at the very top of there head (almost like a floppy bun) and bald everywhere else. they were eating and drinking from bowls and I was the person in the kitchen serving them. I seemed happy but slightly jealous of his success. I felt that by that time he resented me somewhat, as if I held him back.

I suddenly remembered being pulled out into war, to fight, and being made to prepare. I felt unprepared. I was in the middle of the fight. Lots of green grass and small hills. There seemed to be mist or fog, ots of pain and screaming--but the scenerary itsef was beautiful. I could tell immediately I wasn't someone made for this. I look and see men on horse running past me, and those who felt familiar to me on the ground in pain. I caught a glimspe of someone in front of me dying. Suddenly, a familiar man, my old friend, comes by on a horse screaming. He's trying to get my attn. I had mixed reactions to his appeareance but I think , underneath it all, I was happy. Before he could finish yelling, his hair blowing out from his thin foreign helmet, I saw a man on a horse behind me. His spear was thick, wooden almost iron looking (as it had a bit of white on it). The man on the horse had a thin leathry looking helmet on, with some weird bulgy (circle/diamond) thing on the top. Next I felt *ACTUAL* pain in my chest. Striaght form my lower ribcage out of my breast. My head threw itself back and I gasped. I then spiraled out of my body and watched myself die. My friend looked a bit upset/sad but rode away with the feeling as if this was just a apart of life and that he could not stop fighting. I died on the battlefeild (forgotten).

Interestingly enough, I looked up the helmets whch I had never seen before and found out that they were from Ming Dynasty. My mind would have most likely wanted me to play the warrior but I guess thats not how it played out. I'm not a weak or dependant personbut have been fighting that tendency to be one since a young age. I've noticed that I also have a pattern of taking in people who remind me of the young man I saw in th "past life story".
Old 15-08-2011, 11:37 AM
thehermit

Native American

Was a heavily built man, in a group of other brown-skinned people. We were wearing thick clothing, almost ncomfortable and itchy. No one seemed to mind. My chest was exposed, I was built well. I beleive I was a huter. A picture of a bear flashed before me. Across the group of peopleI saw I beautiful young brown girl. However I became very very bitter. I caught myself going through a sudden tranistionof lush land and culture to suddenly loosing all of this to invaders. remeber being in a modern kitchen to an older bigger woman, with mroe of a manly shape. She was cooking food on a "modern" stove. I ate the food but did so bitterly. I spoke of her new belongings and accpetance illly. even thinking of the woman that i lvoed secretly feeling as though she sold our culture out. I refered to the new generation as "*****s in christian dresses" and seemed upset by their short hair cuts. He also seemed upset with the whites and yellows. Oddly enough, I received images of (most obciouvly) white men in old style suits and light-skinned black men with yellow and pale skin-tones who interacted with whites and not darker tones blacks.

There are others, but this and the Asian one are the clearest to me. I'm still trying to find some historical connections between them. This man felt like my "Uncle" and I can not help but call him anything but. I dont feel like he is clsoe to me, in fact, I feel as if he is in me. He does not want me or does not want to connect. I get the feeling that he was and I am.... I dont know if that makes any sense. I feel as if he knew my great grandmother very well too.
Old 15-08-2011, 08:26 PM
nightowl

GS, we old souls have to stick together... Thanks for the link and your added wisdom.

thehermit,

Thanks for sharing your stories, they are pretty detailed. It is cool to read how we all seem to find connections in this life to the past...

nightowl