Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 08-02-2018, 08:12 AM
Eelco

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
' What I came to see surprised me.
I love the "normal", "unenlightend", "suffering", "confused" humans out there.'

How did you put those humans into categories.
Is there a list and you tick the boxes which apply to your own personal judgement and then apply the label?

Sadly. These lists exist. I put them in quotes to show the labels used on various spiritual forums.
I left out quite a few of the more disgusting ones I have encountered.

Take it any way you want to.

With Love
Eelco
Old 08-02-2018, 10:46 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsquotl
Quote:
The point I want to make that at spiritual forums Of which this is one.
There's many who on the path seem like they forgotten how to just be human.
It's a Spiritual Path so it's no longer their Path and to many that's the whole appeal - the elevation to something higher/greater than being mundane. The only trouble is, they only see through the lens of Spirituality and they don't realise how human they really are. Gotta love irony.

Quote:
I just don't understand that. I used to think it was a phase on the path if you will. AN enthusiastic wish to share newfound joy. Over the years though I see many who keep at it. elevating themselves above the people that just try to make a living in a world of 10.000 joys and 10.000 sorrows. Why Is That?
My mother used to say "Empty barrels make the most noise" and that's quite true, what she meant was that people who make a lot of 'noise' are compensating for a lack they feel inside. Intelligent people don't feel the need to 'make a noise' and Spiritual people can be 'noisy' about how 'Spiritually elevated' they are.

The bottom line is that people are just people regardless of the context.
Old 11-02-2018, 08:23 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
I feel for some thier belief is a type of protection or gives one a center. Some will hold fast to it, while others allow it to change.

I know that, in my personal journey, when I was done with religion and started finding a sense of Truth away from the politics, I went through what I would call a dark,confusing time. I wasn't sure what to believe, and I wasn't sure that believing anything would necessarily solve any condition. I took away from psychological science that belief constituted reality. But belief goes a lot deeper than that observation. Therefore, I came back to the grounds in which I first experienced spirituality and re-began there. I felt lost without a belief. And I've accepted that it was okay to see reality (spiritual reality) through that lens of my chosen belief. I'm convinced belief gives some direction for perceiving the spiritual world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Without judgement you can see people being lots of things, in the end your seeing is the thing seeking to understand what it is seeing and why it sees that way.

I can also say in my experience as soon as I learned what the word 'Namaste' meant, I started seeing people differently. I started seeing the basic qualities of who I am in them as well. I also see what I wanted to understand, in a non-visual, non-verbal way of course. I see light. I see peace.
Old 11-02-2018, 08:45 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
When one member overrides or counters another member with their views on life or spiritually it just shows that member number one is a young soul. A young soul feels threatened with anyone who has a differing view than they do so they will try to change that or at least challenge it.

Weird. I did not know there exist such things as a soul or even time
Old 11-02-2018, 09:45 PM
Eelco

Thanks everybody.

Some very profound gems of wisdom shine through..

I love the empty barrel analogy, especially as i see myself often making too much noise from there..

With Love
Eelco
Old 12-02-2018, 09:59 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Thanks everybody.

Some very profound gems of wisdom shine through..

I love the empty barrel analogy, especially as i see myself often making too much noise from there..

With Love
Eelco
The empty barrel can be full of potential, it makes less noise that way too.

The simplest way to understand this stuff is to look at Sacred Geometry, starting with the Vesica Pisces then the Buddhist Egg of Life and the Tree of Life.
Old 12-02-2018, 12:05 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Hi,
The point I want to make that at spiritual forums Of which this is one.
There's many who on the path seem like they forgotten how to just be human.

They see themselves (often, certainly not always) as farther along on some perceived path.That in itself may be true or not. What amazes me is that suddenly that gives the spiritual toddler a stick to beat the ignorant human with.

I just don't understand that. I used to think it was a phase on the path if you will. AN enthusiastic wish to share newfound joy. Over the years though I see many who keep at it. elevating themselves above the people that just try to make a living in a world of 10.000 joys and 10.000 sorrows. Why Is That?

With Love
Eelco

Yes, particularly in they have to survive here on the earth among the banalities of daily life which can be pretty humdrum. I read here of this all-singing, all dancing 5D (fifth dimension) spiritual world that people think they escape to unpolluted by the "real world" with the aim of creating Utopia - and (sighs) I suppose it's an alternative to enterprise and work on the real world.

However, not everyone succumbs to this. I don't. And it's why anything spiritual about me has a practical value in the real world. I believe my spirituality IS my humanity. I drive my own life, It isn't just being aware, it's being aware that I'm aware. It lets me treat others as individuals as far as I can without imposing myself, like as lightly as I can on their public face and actions so they can BE in their own right. It lets me distinguish between must-haves, nice-to-haves and frivolity. It lets me control my emotions, value my experiences and, well I could go on.

One of the people who set me on a path said, "always keep your feet on the ground!"
Old 18-02-2018, 08:16 AM
Eelco

It seems that some now even wish to disregard their humanity as insignificant all together. Living the dream of who they are, supposedly transcended all the limitations being human imposes.

Now if that makes one happy, i'd say go for it.
Why the need to "correct" those like me that claim are human nature is our spirituality.
Whether coming from mars, venus, pleiades, 5th,6th,7th or umpteenth dimension.
Beyond dimensional or "shudder" below dimensional.

When a human incarnate.. that's what we work with right?
Through the human experience(All of it) towards spiritual being.

Have the new age, spiritual concepts really gone to the arrogance and midevil backwards thinking that our bodies, minds and human nature are impure and a hindrance again?

WIth Love
Eelco
Old 18-02-2018, 08:29 AM
Deactivated Account
Some questions, to avoid misunderstandings.

There are souls from other planets and other dimensions, right?
But don't all souls come from the same source? Isn't a soul a soul?

If so, that would mean that we are indeed all equal. And coming from another dimension or other planet would be like having studied abroad, but now living in the same town as everyone else.

Just wondering.
Old 18-02-2018, 08:51 AM
Eelco

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerOfKnowledge
Some questions, to avoid misunderstandings.

There are souls from other planets and other dimensions, right?
I'm not sure about that. Used to believe so, but my understanding of what a soul is has changed over the years..

Quote:
But don't all souls come from the same source? Isn't a soul a soul?
I'd say Yes..

Quote:
If so, that would mean that we are indeed all equal. And coming from another dimension or other planet would be like having studied abroad, but now living in the same town as everyone else.

Just wondering.
Not necessarily living in the same town, but inhabiting a vessel that uses a similar instruction set and susceptible to similar strengths and weaknesses..

With Love
Eelco