Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 11-11-2019, 02:28 PM
1337_d00d

Can't find anything that motivates me

I've had this problem for a while, maybe decades. Previously I didn't really have to decide that much as I was just going with the flow, but currently it appears my options are disappearing entirely. I figured my way forward would be to manifest a new life but I can't just get my head around what I would like to do. So, what to do?
Old 11-11-2019, 02:36 PM
JustASimpleGuy

How about starting out by determining what not to do and whatever is left is what to do? I'm speaking in the broadest sense of categories of what not to pursue and what to pursue: Wealth, fame, power, purpose, meaning, etc.
Old 11-11-2019, 03:53 PM
1337_d00d

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
How about starting out by determining what not to do and whatever is left is what to do? I'm speaking in the broadest sense of categories of what not to pursue and what to pursue: Wealth, fame, power, purpose, meaning, etc.

Well that's not a problem since I'm not pursuing anything at all.

It does motivate me however to leave this city if not the country entirely. Take whatever chances I am offered somewhere else.
Old 11-11-2019, 04:27 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337_d00d
Well that's not a problem since I'm not pursuing anything at all.

It does motivate me however to leave this city if not the country entirely. Take whatever chances I am offered somewhere else.

What makes you think offerings will be different elsewhere? More importantly why rely on external forces to offer opportunities? Shouldn't you make your own?

What it really comes down to is for you what does life mean and what is its purpose? Do you really want someone else to define that?
Old 11-11-2019, 05:01 PM
1337_d00d

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
What makes you think offerings will be different elsewhere? More importantly why rely on external forces to offer opportunities? Shouldn't you make your own?

What it really comes down to is for you what does life mean and what is its purpose? Do you really want someone else to define that?

It's like casting a dice. Over here the dice is thrown already and I know the outcome, somewhere else I might have another chance to something else.

Obviously, since I can't come up with what I want, I'll have some external force to decide that. It's better than being stuck in a rutt.
Old 12-11-2019, 04:44 AM
Master

Look inside yourself for guidance! You won't get reliable guidance from external sources. Get in trance, leave aside all your beliefs, ask a question or for guidance. Record your answer exactly as you get it, downloaded in your mind, with no rewording or paraphrasing. Think about it, but return often to the original record.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 12-11-2019, 09:03 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Look inside yourself for guidance! You won't get reliable guidance from external sources. Get in trance, leave aside all your beliefs, ask a question or for guidance. Record your answer exactly as you get it, downloaded in your mind, with no rewording or paraphrasing. Think about it, but return often to the original record.

This is what I did last night, because I, just like the author of this post, I find myself in a very similar situation, so I asked a question and I received the answer from a voice ( I call it the voice of energy ), at first I thought that is just my own imagination but then I asked the same question and I received the same answer.It's like I tap into my own subconscious mind, I know that I have a natural ability to enter in the hypangogic state so... why not to make experiments.
Old 13-11-2019, 07:15 PM
Experiencer
One thing is, to move forward, but you have to break link completely, so you can open new clean experience. There is nothing then to hold you back, but it has to be complete.

Other option is, a little bit darker, to find why you can't move forward from this path, that is yours but you are blocked. Isn't it interesting, how you can be held back and you don't even know, what it is?
Old 15-11-2019, 05:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337_d00d
I've had this problem for a while, maybe decades. Previously I didn't really have to decide that much as I was just going with the flow, but currently it appears my options are disappearing entirely. I figured my way forward would be to manifest a new life but I can't just get my head around what I would like to do. So, what to do?
About this..and about hypnagogic states...and all that stuff.

I also have a problem with chronic loss of motivation and purpose in life, yet all of the motivational speeches on YouTube just weren't doing it for me.

So, I went into a deep trance...a VERY deep trance...and when I go under, it is reminiscent of the Tibetan Yogis who can be buried for days...yeah, I can so do that..slow my breathing down to 2-3 breaths per minute? Slow my heart rate down to 20 beats per minute? Go into full hibernation mode? Easy peasy.

Problem is that each time I go into "shutdown" it gets harder and harder to snap out of it because the temptation to stop resisting the will to live just becomes too great..yet, I don't feel like I am ready to die yet...then God says "NOBODY is ever ready to die when their time comes" well, that was a cold, sobering yet comforting thought.

So then, the Lord asked me..."why should I let you live? and do you honestly believe that choice is yours to make?"

Yeah, so the God I worship is a pretty tough customer...He has had to be like that with me.

Well, I tried to think about all the things that I could be doing with my life that I wasn't already NOT doing and do you think I could find one? Heck, I don't even have a damn 'bucket list'.

God just laughed and said one word..."gratitude". He went on to say that if I really wanted to live, then I should at least be grateful for every second that I AM alive because once you are dead, it's too late for that.

So, I guess you are motivated to eat...to breathe and one doesn't quite understand the breathing they take for granted until they suffer with sleep apnea and need to be hooked up to a CPAP machine... that's what one gets from constant immersions in samadhi where the body just forgets to breathe...

So, there is nothing like motivation when the Grim Reaper comes knocking and goes "what would you do with your life if I gave you one more chance at living it?" and everything I could ever say is met with "well, you haven't done that yet, so what makes me think you are ever gonna do it?"

Nobody is gonna stand behind you cracking the whip.

There are two types of people...those who need to feel like doing something before they do it and those who need to do something before they feel like doing it and it is difficult to transition from one to the other and in the end, necessity becomes the only motivating factor because I feel sure you would run out of your house if it were on fire...and as stupid as it sounds, the "survival instinct" needs to be applied to everything you have ever wanted to do, thought about doing etc

It is the only way to bust chronic amotivation syndrome until "comfort zones" don't exist anymore and the habitual brain becomes rewired into a new neuroplasticity network...neurons that fire together, wire together...so just do something every day that you wouldn't normally do every other day - like walking a different route to work...eat dessert before the main meal...turn your shower down by 5 degrees...nothing speeds up the brain more than having a cold shower (just ask Wim Hoff) the motivation then, of course, is to dry your body very briskly and get dressed ASAP. LOL

I am only on my third day into this...I will keep you all informed of how I go.
Old 16-11-2019, 12:27 AM
1337_d00d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
About this..and about hypnagogic states...and all that stuff.

I also have a problem with chronic loss of motivation and purpose in life, yet all of the motivational speeches on YouTube just weren't doing it for me.

So, I went into a deep trance...a VERY deep trance...and when I go under, it is reminiscent of the Tibetan Yogis who can be buried for days...yeah, I can so do that..slow my breathing down to 2-3 breaths per minute? Slow my heart rate down to 20 beats per minute? Go into full hibernation mode? Easy peasy.

Problem is that each time I go into "shutdown" it gets harder and harder to snap out of it because the temptation to stop resisting the will to live just becomes too great..yet, I don't feel like I am ready to die yet...then God says "NOBODY is ever ready to die when their time comes" well, that was a cold, sobering yet comforting thought.

So then, the Lord asked me..."why should I let you live? and do you honestly believe that choice is yours to make?"

Yeah, so the God I worship is a pretty tough customer...He has had to be like that with me.

Well, I tried to think about all the things that I could be doing with my life that I wasn't already NOT doing and do you think I could find one? Heck, I don't even have a damn 'bucket list'.

God just laughed and said one word..."gratitude". He went on to say that if I really wanted to live, then I should at least be grateful for every second that I AM alive because once you are dead, it's too late for that.

So, I guess you are motivated to eat...to breathe and one doesn't quite understand the breathing they take for granted until they suffer with sleep apnea and need to be hooked up to a CPAP machine... that's what one gets from constant immersions in samadhi where the body just forgets to breathe...

So, there is nothing like motivation when the Grim Reaper comes knocking and goes "what would you do with your life if I gave you one more chance at living it?" and everything I could ever say is met with "well, you haven't done that yet, so what makes me think you are ever gonna do it?"

Nobody is gonna stand behind you cracking the whip.

There are two types of people...those who need to feel like doing something before they do it and those who need to do something before they feel like doing it and it is difficult to transition from one to the other and in the end, necessity becomes the only motivating factor because I feel sure you would run out of your house if it were on fire...and as stupid as it sounds, the "survival instinct" needs to be applied to everything you have ever wanted to do, thought about doing etc

It is the only way to bust chronic amotivation syndrome until "comfort zones" don't exist anymore and the habitual brain becomes rewired into a new neuroplasticity network...neurons that fire together, wire together...so just do something every day that you wouldn't normally do every other day - like walking a different route to work...eat dessert before the main meal...turn your shower down by 5 degrees...nothing speeds up the brain more than having a cold shower (just ask Wim Hoff) the motivation then, of course, is to dry your body very briskly and get dressed ASAP. LOL

I am only on my third day into this...I will keep you all informed of how I go.

Well that's funny. You have the God speaking to you, but he doesn't want to tell you what to do?

There is one thing I could imagine doing, that would be nice. The God would have to help me, because it is an impossible task for a human being. But I'm not getting any support in that regard. I've sought guidance for a long time, don't see the point of seeking it any longer. Don't really wanna go my own way or live the life of an ordinary individual, either. Guess I'll just let things go their own way as usual.