Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 23-12-2015, 07:30 PM
Ascender

Understanding Life After Death - GREAT book

Bought this from Amazon UK and really enjoyed it, couldn't recommend it higher to people who are asking questions and want something with a bit of evidence too. Thankfuly its secular as well.

The beauty of this book is that it succeeds as an introduction to such an important topic and yet is refreshing to someone like myself who has read 50 plus books on the topic. If I had any criticism it is that he doesn't include past life (and life between lives) regression. Although the jury is out on this area of research, I would still say that the work of someone like Michael Newton is still very valid in a book like this. Cyrus focuses mostly on NDE, After Death Communication and Mediumship. He is particularly taken with the medium, Leslie Flint.

I also enjoy that the author presents a fully secular position without denigrating religion or faith. The planes and the nature of existence is of a natural design that isn't preconditioned by a belief in gods. He really goes into detail about things like physicality, having a body, the day to day life, things like eating and sex. He states clearly that we have a duplicate, astral body and a real, solid, objective reality.
And it's really great to not have to have karma and reincarnation constantly dropped on you unlike what you get with the likes of Amit Goswami & Deepak Chopra. Cyrus makes it clear as do the majority of other researchers that reincarnation is a CHOICE and that we retain our individuality & personality in the afterlife - or else whats the point?!

He also provides his own personal experiences of astral projection & OBE. He states quite clearly that these are in full waking consciousness, employ all five senses and are totally unlike the random, bizarre nature of dreams & even lucid dreams.

Been feeling very sceptical of late but this book felt like a real tonic to my natural state of cynicicism
Old 29-12-2015, 07:11 AM
Raven Poet

Hi, metal68. I just added this title to my "want-to-read" list.

I always appreciate feedback from others who have some skepticism. I too have some - but I always keep coming back to this topic like a hungry dog checking to see if the food dish has been replenished!

I think I'll order it thru amazon too. Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 29-12-2015, 09:34 AM
Deactivated Account
Thanks for the heads up Metal... I'm going to read this one...

(P.S. the book is only $3.99 if you buy the ebook/kindle version)
Old 29-12-2015, 07:25 PM
Newbie ;)

Thanks for the recommendation!
Old 31-12-2015, 01:43 AM
Ascender

It really is a great book - Up there with Julia Assante, David Fontana, Chris Carter, Stafford Betty & Michael Tymn
Old 31-12-2015, 01:44 AM
Ascender

And its not as depressing as Goswami or Chopra.

I would never buy by them again; maybe its confirmation bias but after reading them I would prefer NO afterlife at all!
Old 01-01-2016, 04:51 PM
Experiencer
I was struck by the books of Jozef Rulof.

Jozef did not write any books himself. He was a medium for the masters of light. Who better is in a position to write about the afterlife then the people who live there themselves?
Who is in a better position to put life on earth in perspective then the people who have permanently overcome it?

His first book A View into the Hereafter is available for free on the internetski. And so are the other of his introductory books.

These books have given me so much that I am saturated with knowledge. Some books really gave me a hard time reading it. In particular The Origin of the Universe. It was just way out of the box for me.

But visiting this forum I realized many other members here seem to have knowledge that I even didn't find in Rulof's books.
You know, there is always room for improvement. There is always more and more. There is no 1 person who knows it all.

God's love surpasses us all and I bow my head to that.
Old 02-01-2016, 02:37 AM
Master
i am always happy to hear folks are reading books, but if you think you can understand life after death from reading one book you have fallen into an illusion.
the answers to what happens after death for you, are not going to be in a book, they are within you.

Going within is much more time consuming than reading a book..
Old 02-01-2016, 02:48 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygazer
i am always happy to hear folks are reading books, but if you think you can understand life after death from reading one book you have fallen into an illusion.
the answers to what happens after death for you, are not going to be in a book, they are within you.

Hmm but where did anyone in this thread claim that they could fully understand 'life after death' after reading one book?

The author's choice of a book title is inconsequential...

What was the intention of your post - to discourage others from reading books about this subject matter?

Last edited by wolfgaze : 02-01-2016 at 05:31 AM.
Old 02-01-2016, 05:10 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygazer

Yes, very time consuming. Especially if you don't know how to think and how to feel.

The books that I have read have given me great understanding how to think and how to feel. What to do and what to do not.

If I hadn't read books I would not have been where I am now. Then it would have taken me way more time to reach my present level of feel and think.