Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 06-05-2013, 06:51 PM
vision

I'm so sorry for the loss of your grandmother. She may have tried to contact you ...in small ways & you didn't notice. A medium could help set your mind at rest. Just know she loves you & lives on in a different level.
Peace & Blessings.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:22 PM
Super Moderator
We don't have to "let our loved ones go" like some helium balloon into the sky, never to be seen or thought of or loved again.
I don't know where that idea comes from.
But it's very important to understand them as much as we can, and know they now have a new life to lead. We should respect that and allow them freedom.
They may show us they can return to us sometimes. Some can -and do. Some find it hard to do that, and for various reasons prefer not to. Some of those reasons are loving reasons, as where there has been a strong bond, they are guided by Spirit to have our best interests at heart.
So we can remember them every day if we wish, we can send them our love, our prayers, be thankful, be filled with gratitude for the Soul we bonded with.
That really does not do them any harm.
The only emotions that could harm them would be our lower emotions. And so would the knowledge that they had somehow destroyed our lives by going "home" to spirit.
So if we send them our positive emotions, and heartfelt love, we can do that any time we like. Believe it, it doesn't "hold them back" from anything. They can continue with their growing and knowledge, and whatever they do in Spirit, and still love us! Sometimes they continue to connect with us for the rest of our lives, and may offer spirit help and guidance.
If they do visit, it's usually unmistakable. This can be in dreams, or it can be just a sudden sense of their presence and affection-quite objective.But yes, grieving especially at first, can mask any attempts they make to connect with us.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:52 PM
LadyImpreza1111

For your grandmother to try to get ahold of you speaks volumes about how important you were. As a medium, all I can say is be patient and have faith. Spirits do not always connect with their loved ones immediately after their passing. Sometimes it might take a while.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:27 PM
Kryptonian

Thank you, especially Dee and Tobi for your understanding. As for getting my grandma back, I know that's impossible, but as for getting closure and knowing that she is ok, I would do anything.
And maybe I don't have to 'let her go' as if she no longer exists, maybe I need to accept that she might be in a different form and that the only thing I need to let go off is my attachment to physical form
Old 07-05-2013, 01:55 AM
Super Moderator
Yes it's important to come to terms with seeing them as they are now, slightly more than as they were then
It's hard when we have got used to their physical form. It has become so precious to us. But when we think about it -what was it we really loved? Was it the shape of the person, their skin, their hair? or was it the Soul within?
Of course it was the Soul within. That was the loved one we knew.
That doesn't die.

I know we miss all the things we did together, the sound of their voice -everything. But it was because of the Soul within that we ever loved those things.

And those who have passed actually retain their physical form -minus ailments and disabilities. (And though I don't have personal evidence yet of this -I have heard it said -that they look even younger if they wish to)
The only thing that appears to separate us from them is a tuning-dial. Not thousands of miles. Just the tuning-dial of our vibrations, our love, and our own spirit. We are habitually tuned into the 3 dimensional existence, and they are tuned into a finer one. That's all. We can reach that finer one sometimes through love, raising vibrations, and meditation.
They are only on a different frequency or waveband. I have found love is the thing that can turn our dial to theirs.
Old 22-05-2013, 04:48 PM
Adrian Jackson

Watch videos on NDEs
Old 13-08-2013, 09:03 AM
paradigm13

There is a great nde account on youtube about an atheist who reunites with her grandmother just type in "atheist reunites with her dead grandmother" I'm sure you will find it very comforting!