Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 06-01-2013, 09:12 PM
FlyHigh

I´m fearful for the way I´m going to die. Don´t want it to be a long and painful. I´m pretty much at ease with the concept of being dead.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:13 PM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySG
Hi, I have been on my spiritual journey for a few years now and know I feel I am getting close to the 'truth' (so to speak). Something which has come into my consciousness recently is the subject of death.

I am working on learning more about death and to embrace it fully.

I just wondered if anyone here has fully overcome the fear of death? If so, do they feel completely fearless in most aspects of their lives?? I feel being totally fearless is the only way to really live!

Peace and love x

No, I do not fear death in the least.....there really is no death, just a transition to a higher vibrational level.......I don't know if I am fearless in most aspects, as even tho I know that life is eternal, I don't want any others in my life to go Home before I do........It is the "missing" of their "physical" presence that pains me, altho they are around me all the time, but in spiritual form only....... I fear no man, no animal, no other situation of danger, etc.....I have been shown how it feels to die and it is painless and for me, was in slow motion........I have learned much from spirit about the afterlife and love, love, love and total understanding of our flaws and failures......we truly are spiritual beings temporarily in this physical form and this hellish place called earth is not our true Home.......there is absolutely nothing to fear......
Old 06-01-2013, 10:20 PM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77
I've heard others say... if they knew death was imminent.. they'd cram in as much experience in as possible.

Yet I definitely feel my time approaching, and instead want to learn-prepare for the adventure, just as I would if planning a visit to the far East.

I quite love earths beauty and the human experiences I've had, and will never lose that. And we're never really separated from those we love.

quite true Henri.....One of the most amazing things I have learned is that you can do "anything" that you have ever wanted to do, to learn, to experience when you are on the Otherside on the astral level.........I don't worry about a foreign place that I have never visited, because I know that I can visit it at anytime once I am back Home........ earth's beauty is a pale reflection of the beauty of the Otherside.......and no, we are never separated from those we love as the bond is eternal............
Old 06-01-2013, 11:00 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh
I´m fearful for the way I´m going to die. Don´t want it to be a long and painful. I´m pretty much at ease with the concept of being dead.

I know. That concept is not a pleasant one, I admit. That's what we all get for being in the physical body. However some have a very peaceful and "happy" death. I have personally known people who passed away just as they would have liked...they just went to bed age 90-something, after a full life,and didn't wake up.
But very few of us will get away with having no illness of some form, at the end. That's a fact of life. But to live with that thought, scared of it, all through a lifetime is to run away from or disregard what we're here for -to live life to the full, get the best we can out of it.
None of us (or very few I think) can tell what's going to happen to us in the end. We just have to get on with what we have, and try to take care of our health.
One of THE most important things for the terminally-ill, is get the pain relief sorted out. If it's done properly, there really is no need for an excruciatingly painful dying process.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:07 AM
Knower

I lost my fear of death after a friend died--he paid me a visit a few days later, and the experience completely blew my mind. Yes, there is life beyond death, and there is nothing to fear.

But I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't had that experience, and I know most other people won't believe it just because I have this "crazy" story to tell.

Has losing the fear of death made me less fearful of doing things in this life? Funny, but it didn't for a long time. It's only in recent years, after I finally started reading books about past-life and life-between-life regressions, NDEs, and after-death encounters that it's finally started to sink in that we're eternal beings. And most of my courage now comes from knowing that after we're dead, we'll finally remember why we came here and why things played out during our lives as they did.

My father died recently. We'd always had a difficult relationship. I know that he now understands what was really happening, and all the things I couldn't tell him while he was here. And knowing that he would gain that higher perspective after he'd passed, and that our struggles here on earth were not all in vain, helped me forgive him before he died and have compassion for him--and extend forgiveness and compassion to others, as well.

Also, knowing that eventually we will all be reconciled on the other side and gain that understanding helps me see earthbound conflicts and difficulties as transient. Stuff that used to be a big deal just isn't, anymore. I can't be bothered to stay angry, or fight over most things, or declare anyone my enemy--from an eternal standpoint, none of it really matters.

I actually felt a little envious of my father when he passed away. He's truly gone home, while I have to stay here, do what I am meant to do, and wait for my turn to come. But I do like it here on earth, and have a purpose to fulfill, and am okay with staying in this particular meatsuit until I've done that. But when I think about my own death, I honestly have no fear at all.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:39 PM
Experiencer
Over the last few weeks I have been working to learn more about death and to eventually overcome this fear on all levels. Already I feel more 'free'

I genuinely feel overcoming this fear will enable me to live this life fearlessly as I am already experiencing :) From my understanding the fear of death is the root cause of all fears!!
Old 07-01-2013, 09:47 PM
Experiencer
Quote from my man Osho -

'"Life has to be lived so totally and so intensely that you can squeeze each minute's juice without leaving a single drop behind. Only such a life is authentic, great. Only such a life does not come to an end in death."
Old 08-01-2013, 02:43 AM
sunny shine

Nurse Shares 30 Years Of Spiritual Experiences With Death & Dying

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCirNvirqq4
Old 08-01-2013, 02:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySG
Quote from my man Osho -

'"Life has to be lived so totally and so intensely that you can squeeze each minute's juice without leaving a single drop behind. Only such a life is authentic, great. Only such a life does not come to an end in death."
Yep, I love Osho as well, he certainly is the man.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:08 AM
Experiencer
"I don't mind dying; I just don't want to be there when it happens."
Woody Allen