Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 10-09-2013, 09:42 AM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritmessenger
Hi LadyT
I coudn't agree more, how true

And as some one else stated we are all killing ourselves slowly with the junk food that we consume, alchohol, cigarettes, car fumes, drugs, legal or other wise, either way, we are all committing suicide just at a slower rate.

Agreed--I think it is all a matter of accepting responsibility for the choices we make and the consequences that naturally follow.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:32 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyTara
Agreed--I think it is all a matter of accepting responsibility for the choices we make and the consequences that naturally follow.

But what if you choose to be alone to develope your own spiritual path, and others around you do everything they can to make your life a total misery in every way they can, because you refuse to conform to what they want? What they considered normal because they refuse to except there is anything beyoned the physical world we live in. This applies to many of us at this time myself included and has been going on for hundreds of years, between families, friends, neighbours, governing bodies, trying to keep you to their way of thinking, keeping you down. When you have exsperienced and gained a great deal of knowledge beyoned this physical world, and you feel so strongly that you can't live the way others do in their narrow materialistic world. What then?
Didn't jesus go through exactly the same thing, being chased from place to place because of his knowledge of life beyoned this world? And see what they did to him. Many have commited suicide because they can't tolerate the abuse from others because of the way they which to live.
Which poses another question why are people taking so many illegal drugs in the first place, because they can't stand the way this life is. They call it recreational drug taking I think not, it's a way of exscaping our societies pressures and the world we live in. Isn't drinking alchohol another form of exscapism, but then that is socialy exceptable. Sorry for my rabbiting on but I just feel so damed misserable and taking drugs or alchohol is not an option for me.
Love you all

Old 10-09-2013, 07:52 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondav
It is often stated that suicide, as far as spiritual development is concerned, is a major crime, ie you come to earth to learn hardships while encased in a physical body, to end it all is, basically, opting out of your life plan. O.K but this premiss does not seem to have taken into account, the advances in medical science, put bluntly, things that would have killed you decades ago,can now be overcome to the point where you can be kept alive, but with a very poor quality of life. Surely, if a person is so incapacitated, and wishes to "call it a day" would this still be classed as "opting out", perhaps God should move the goal posts (as they say) so people can pass over without guilt.

The vital component in every action is motive. Motive is always taken into consideration.

It is a very difficult moral question. Is there a lesson to be learned? Can any lesson be learned? I do not think there is a definitive answer.

The spiritual purist might say 'never' to suicide or assisted suicide, but then again if one was actually there, one's humanity might make one feel compassion to such a degree as to support a release from the condition.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 11-09-2013, 09:43 AM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritmessenger
But what if you choose to be alone to develope your own spiritual path, and others around you do everything they can to make your life a total misery in every way they can, because you refuse to conform to what they want? What they considered normal because they refuse to except there is anything beyoned the physical world we live in. This applies to many of us at this time myself included and has been going on for hundreds of years, between families, friends, neighbours, governing bodies, trying to keep you to their way of thinking, keeping you down. When you have exsperienced and gained a great deal of knowledge beyoned this physical world, and you feel so strongly that you can't live the way others do in their narrow materialistic world. What then?
Didn't jesus go through exactly the same thing, being chased from place to place because of his knowledge of life beyoned this world? And see what they did to him. Many have commited suicide because they can't tolerate the abuse from others because of the way they which to live.
Which poses another question why are people taking so many illegal drugs in the first place, because they can't stand the way this life is. They call it recreational drug taking I think not, it's a way of exscaping our societies pressures and the world we live in. Isn't drinking alchohol another form of exscapism, but then that is socialy exceptable. Sorry for my rabbiting on but I just feel so damed misserable and taking drugs or alchohol is not an option for me.
Love you all

Greetings Spiritmessenger:

It will always be this way for those of us who are born bent on seeking our own answers and thinking for ourselves.

Not only Jesus suffered this--but many others--anyone who dared challenge the status quo.

It all boils down to fear and fear is usually born of life-altering experiences that most never truly get over.

The powerful fear losing power--the followers fear appearing weak--the manipulators fear losing control--and so on....

The Dalai Lama said, "When someone is cruel and mistreats you--know that they have suffered and forgive them.".

I am a firm believer that we all get what is coming to us in the end--we all must meet our destiny and reap what we have sown.

Peace and Love on the path of your choice...

Blessed be...
Old 16-09-2013, 03:20 PM
khandro

I don't necessarily think of suicide of a 'major crime.' Maybe it's because I don't believe 'God' is a conscious being who would use punishment. I have also lost someone close to me by way of suicide. So, maybe that plays a part as well. It's taken a long time, but I've learned to understand why she did it. I am able to put myself in her position and completely understand the motivation. I, personally, might have been able to overcome the problems in her life and just keep on living. But maybe she wasn't built that way.

I suppose my point is that we don't know, fully, what happens to someone's mind and soul energy at the point of true suicide, unless we've been there and attempted. I know I've been fairly close, and if I hadn't thought of my family at the right time, I might not still be here. Every situation is different, and every person is different.

If there is a consciousness in our God, I doubt he would allow someone to commit suicide unless that suicide was meant as a lesson to others or perhaps the person wasn't ready for that life just yet. Maybe it was thought they could handle it, and it turns out they weren't ready.

We will never know. It's all just speculation and theory. But I'm very glad to have found this topic and see what others have to say about it. :)

(Side note: I hope I wasn't rambling just now. If so, I sincerely apologize.)
Old 17-09-2013, 08:32 PM
Master

I commit suicide in my last life and God was not there to judge me of a crime. I was my own worst judge. I had failed to learn what i had incarnated to learn.
Old 18-09-2013, 06:10 AM
aryannatimothy

Life is a gift and not a given right. We do not have the authority to end our life no matter how we struggle to live it. I think people lost the thought that it is still good to live and bleed than to stay dead.