Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 06-02-2020, 11:22 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Famine exists for various reasons and is not always the fault of others. So then we have God helps those who help themselves, the Farmers who try 7 days a week to help themselves and remain starving, so why isn't God helping them?

It's not so simple, and the only way I can understand it is to look at ' Cause and effect ' which makes sense in worldly and spiritual matters. for me personally.....

If God knows what people need as you stated then why so much Hunger etc, and why set a condition that you have to help yourself to receive Gods help.....

The famine that exists in the world is the result of the greed of man, world famine could be eradicated in no time if people would work together for the good of mankind....

Of course is not that simple but then in turn it is that simple, but we are not fully aware of this, I believe that this whole "cause and effect" can easily be avoided by simply going straight to the source, to God, and then all things are solved, but this is easier said than done, for this very reason Jesus came, to offer THE WAY to God and avoid all the possible results which may still come but they are already "canceled" by God and they can not affect your future journey.

As Jesus stated, not me, and for me personally, this is true. There's no condition...... You just cannot see this, when you help yourself, you allow God to help you... it's that simple, of course, in practice is really hard, but I proved myself this by freeing myself from depression, which I thought that it's going to stay with me for the rest of my days.

It's all in the subconscious mind, why do you think we are fed 24/7 with so much negativity, why do you think people are fed with so much social entertainment? Feed your subconscious mind with bad things and you will get bad results.
Old 06-02-2020, 01:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
The famine that exists in the world is the result of the greed of man, world famine could be eradicated in no time if people would work together for the good of mankind....

Of course is not that simple but then in turn it is that simple, but we are not fully aware of this, I believe that this whole "cause and effect" can easily be avoided by simply going straight to the source, to God, and then all things are solved, but this is easier said than done, for this very reason Jesus came, to offer THE WAY to God and avoid all the possible results which may still come but they are already "canceled" by God and they can not affect your future journey.

As Jesus stated, not me, and for me personally, this is true. There's no condition...... You just cannot see this, when you help yourself, you allow God to help you... it's that simple, of course, in practice is really hard, but I proved myself this by freeing myself from depression, which I thought that it's going to stay with me for the rest of my days.

It's all in the subconscious mind, why do you think we are fed 24/7 with so much negativity, why do you think people are fed with so much social entertainment? Feed your subconscious mind with bad things and you will get bad results.

Does 'cause and effect' cancels out the core of religions?

Years ago, my car was heading directly to go over the bank on a mountain road. My excessive speed was about to end the lives of my family and myself. Abruptly, the car turned 90 degrees: miraculously, the car was back on the road. Even to this day, I have no explanation of what happened except it was the 'work' of what religions are based upon that defies logic.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 06-02-2020, 01:27 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Does 'cause and effect' cancels out the core of religions?

Years ago, my car was heading directly to go over the bank on a mountain road. My excessive speed was about to end the lives of my family and myself. Abruptly, the car turned 90 degrees: miraculously, the car was back on the road. Even to this day, I have no explanation of what happened except it was the 'work' of what religions are based upon that defies logic.

I too had a horrible accident and survived without a scratch, most people die when they have a similar accident, just a year ago a boy died, so... I see "cause and effect" as a "law" that governs the world but this can easily be "avoided" by some of the higher forces that are unseen and beyond our power of comprehension.

All I say is that God can help you when you help yourself, I am talking about our daily human problems, and sometimes there's a direct intervention, which happens very rarely.. but it happens.
Old 06-02-2020, 01:40 PM
Master
Quote:

We can agree to differ
Old 06-02-2020, 01:43 PM
Master
Quote:
I too had a horrible accident and survived without a scratch, most people die when they have a similar accident, just a year ago a boy died, so... I see "cause and effect" as a "law" that governs the world but this can easily be "avoided" by some of the higher forces that are unseen and beyond our power of comprehension.

All I say is that God can help you when you help yourself, I am talking about our daily human problems, and sometimes there's a direct intervention, which happens very rarely.. but it happens.

Yes things happen and we see it as divine intervention, which is cause and effect also....
Old 06-02-2020, 01:51 PM
Master
Quote:

What we have experienced is what cements religions together.

Unexplained 'miracles' is something the logic world can not explain.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 06-02-2020, 02:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
What we have experienced is what cements religions together.

Unexplained 'miracles' is something the logic world can not explain.

Religion will never be cemented together, what religion does is cement Groups together

A miracle is a phenomenon not explained by known laws of nature, but that doesn't make a miracle unknowable, when conditions are right the ' so called miracle ' happens, cause and effect
Old 06-02-2020, 05:53 PM
Experiencer
God helps those who serve him.

The fault in the words that He helps those who help themselves is that they are easily misunderstood. If we serve ourselves, we will reap what we sow. If we serve the Spirit, we will be served by the Spirit.

We still have to take some action tho; we need to initiate faith in the Spirit over faith in the self.

Z
Old 06-02-2020, 07:08 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by zastrakoza

The fault in the words that He helps those who help themselves is that they are easily misunderstood. If we serve ourselves, we will reap what we sow. If we serve the Spirit, we will be served by the Spirit.

We still have to take some action tho; we need to initiate faith in the Spirit over faith in the self.

Z

By helping yourself you let God to help you... Let's take a simple example, you are addicted to alcohol and you pray to God to help you, thinking that somehow He may miraculously can "cure" you, but nothing happens and you keep doing this for years and years until one day you understand that God is not helping you because you are not helping yourself and because of this you do not allow God to help you.

It's that simple, for this very reason, I think, Jesus said, that God already knows what we need, so no need to ask, but to give thanks and to act accordingly to your needs.

And I believe that the same power Jesus had, the same power it's given to all people who are actually serving God, but once again, just like you could not see what I am trying to say, in the same way we can't use that power, simply because we don't understand it.
Old 07-02-2020, 06:58 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by zastrakoza

Z

zastrakoza,

IMO this is correct. Despite what others may say self-help has its limitations. For example, if one is in serious legal trouble or if one has serious medical problems self help is not the solution. One must give authority to others so that these 'others' can exercise, utilize and employ their powers and abilities. In many ways God is an impartial God.....He has given us free will and until we recognize his authority he will remain on the sidelines, so to say.

Psalm 121 recognizes this...…"I lift up my eyes to the hills---where does my help come from ? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth...."

We must believe that with God all things are possible. And our recognition of this truth should be followed by our obedience to God and acceptance of his authority. It is then that his power will be exercised.