Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 22-02-2020, 09:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
' based on better translations.
'

Yes you choose which is a better translation. You are choosing which translation suits you personally by dismissing by choice the others.

This is exactly what was done when the bibles was put together, scriptures were chosen. They say we have 80.000 different versions of the bible in the World and all 80.000 of them are the correct translation, choice is yours....[/quote]

I do not know where you get 80,000 different versions of the Bible but then I am not really interested in knowing.

As for choosing a better translation: there are numerous translations that same basically the same thing. You might be surprise how little the variations are from Bible to Bible.

As for me, I prefer not using archaic English words. It is my choice but then, a lot other people have made the same choice.

You will find this is true of other belief systems including Buddhism.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Last edited by BigJohn : 22-02-2020 at 10:10 PM.
Old 23-02-2020, 10:52 AM
Master
Quote:
And then we have,

Textus Receptus which reads only begotten Son while the Vaticanus and Sinaiticus manuscripts read only begotten god.

The Codex Sinaiticus was written in Koiné (or Hellenistic) Greek.

The Codex Vaticanus was also written in Koiné (or Hellenistic) Greek. The critical text based on the Codex Vaticanus "The New Testament in the Original Greek" (1881) was written by Brooke Foss Westcott and Fenton John Anthony Hort. One of the first Bibles published which was based on this text was the Jehovah's Witnesses Bible. Since then, JWs have incorporated material from other recently released critical text such as Eberhard Nestle and Kurt Aland's "Novum Testamentum Graece"

As for the Textus Receptus, Desiderius Erasmus in 1516 printed a Greek text based on available Greek texts which later became known as the Textus Receptus.

None of these texts were written in English.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 23-02-2020, 10:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
The Codex Sinaiticus was written in Koiné (or Hellenistic) Greek.

The Codex Vaticanus was also written in Koiné (or Hellenistic) Greek. The critical text based on the Codex Vaticanus "The New Testament in the Original Greek" (1881) was written by Brooke Foss Westcott and Fenton John Anthony Hort. One of the first Bibles published which was based on this text was the Jehovah's Witnesses Bible. Since then, JWs have incorporated material from other recently released critical text such as Eberhard Nestle and Kurt Aland's "Novum Testamentum Graece"

As for the Textus Receptus, Desiderius Erasmus in 1516 printed a Greek text based on available Greek texts which later became known as the Textus Receptus.

None of these texts were written in English.

Exactly ....
Old 23-02-2020, 10:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
'

Yes you choose which is a better translation. You are choosing which translation suits you personally by dismissing by choice the others.

This is exactly what was done when the bibles was put together, scriptures were chosen. They say we have 80.000 different versions of the bible in the World and all 80.000 of them are the correct translation, choice is yours....

I do not know where you get 80,000 different versions of the Bible but then I am not really interested in knowing.

As for choosing a better translation: there are numerous translations that same basically the same thing. You might be surprise how little the variations are from Bible to Bible.

As for me, I prefer not using archaic English words. It is my choice but then, a lot other people have made the same choice.

You will find this is true of other belief systems including Buddhism.[/quote]

Yes, we are blessed to have choice...
Old 01-03-2020, 06:41 PM
Ascender
Quote:
How can a pre-human be born

Jesus NEVER was a human before he was sent to Earth by his Father as a human child. Jesus was a high Spirit being, the first Angel created, and called God's begotten Son. everything and every other Angel ,Jesus helped create ,

(Pro. 8:22-30 The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old. I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was. When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water. Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth. While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world. When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth: When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep. When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth. Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him). which also shows that Jesus is NOT part of a trinity. peace
Old 01-03-2020, 06:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
Jesus NEVER was a human before he was sent to Earth by his Father as a human child. Jesus was a high Spirit being, the first Angel created, and called God's begotten Son. everything and every other Angel ,Jesus helped create ,

(Pro. 8:22-30 The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old. I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was. When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water. Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth. While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world. When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth: When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep. When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth. Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him). which also shows that Jesus is NOT part of a trinity. peace

'Jesus NEVER was a human before he was sent to Earth by his Father '

Exactly that was MY point.