Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 27-01-2020, 09:00 PM
Guide

Cutting Cords and side effects

I hope this is the right place to post this topic.

I’m somewhat familiar with the practice of cutting cords. It was first introduced to me when a reiki healer I visited sensed cords that no longer served me, so she cut them. I’ll assume she did it properly and filled the holes with light etc. Intrigued by this “cord cutting”, I purchased a black kyanite stone and used it over the past few years as needed.

Most recently I visited an intuitive healer who picked up on a cord/energetic attachment from an ex boyfriend (possibly a twin flame, a very traumatic relationship that lasted 8 years, but ended about 10 years ago...I’ve since moved on and have been with my husband the past 8 years). She helped me do a cord cutting right then and there. She felt most of the energy in back of my heart chakra, and said it was very heavy like she almost couldn’t breathe. After this little ritual, she filled it with light and sent me on my way.

On the ride home from seeing this healer I started to feel a little post nasal drip...nothing troubling though. Within the days that followed I developed increasing pressure in my chest, tightness front and back, and like I needed to cough up phlegm but couldn’t (I wasn’t sick and it wasn’t a cold). This had turned into “air hunger” and has continued since. I have seen a doctor and there is no medical cause, so that’s ruled out.

In the following weeks I felt inclined to cut more cords, particularly with a spiritual mentor who had been guiding me (our relationship suddenly turned sour). This seemed to alleviate the pressure on my chest and the air hunger, but the following day I had a tiny sharp pain and sensitivity at the base of my sternum followed by digestive upset that night and dizziness the following day.

Today I have been reflecting on all that has happened this month, including the dynamics of my relationships with those I’d cut cords with. Mentally and emotionally I am ready to move on from the lessons brought to me from these people, but I suppose there was some sadness and nostalgia involved as I continued to analyze and think about how they had affected me.

Then it dawned on me...
Could all of those physical sensations be after-effects of cord cutting?
Old 28-01-2020, 10:19 AM
Lorelyen

Psychosomatic?
Old 28-01-2020, 10:31 AM
Master
I never had problems with cord cutting, but you've got to do it the right way and you first got to check if you can actually cut it yet. Some aren't ready to be cut yet, so you have to check first what's going on. It can be you still keep that cord going or the other or both. Then you're going to cut a cord that is still working, that you may still need for whatever reason, even if this is co-dependency. I guess you can then experience some sort of after effect.
I must say I hardly ever cut cords. If I feel negative energy from someone or something lingering in my system I cleanse my aura with white sage. So far that's always sorted it.
Old 28-01-2020, 03:37 PM
Guide

Lorelyn, it could be psychosomatic. I haven’t exactly been feeling my strongest these days.

FairyCrystal, this is a great point you’ve made. The cords that I cut were not just any old typical cords, particularly the ex boyfriend (who some have suggested may have been my TF). There were definitely deep lessons and mental patterns there which I have only begun to scratch the surface in overcoming, as that relationship was with one of many similar characters that have played a role in a familiar pattern. Interestingly, since cutting these cords I’ve had a neighbor start to press those same buttons! Funny how that works! I suppose I have some more work to do.
Old 28-01-2020, 04:26 PM
Master
Good luck!