Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Numerology, Runes etc.

Old 17-10-2010, 12:59 PM
Lindsey89

Thank you ShamanWoman! I didnt know you didn't have to follow the instructions haha! But I think I will untill I get the hang of it :)
Old 17-10-2010, 05:09 PM
green

Lingsey.

keep yourself open, explore the cards and listen to yourself and inner voice, i guess at first you will try to go with the books and the way things should be, but if you keep yourself open and listen to yourself you will find you own paths and ways with the cards. but this things come with practice and using the cards, the more you use them the more they will become as part of you and you will find yourself doing things that are not in the books and are not suppose to be. but it will be your special way with the cards, and it be the right way for you to use the cards.

just enjoy using them and playing with them and learning them.
do it with love and joy, never with fear...
and if you have questions, any question we are here to help

G
Old 17-10-2010, 06:22 PM
LightFilledHeart

The wise and wonderful spiritual teacher who taught me how to read Tarot cards offered up some excellent advice. After instructing the class in the basic meaning of each card in the deck, she proceded to say, "However, you may find entirely new and different meanings of your own, and when that happens, GO with it! Know that that is your own inner wisdom guiding you and just as valid as any prescribed meanings assigned by others over the years." I found that advice to be right on! I would suddenly realize, in the midst of a reading I was conducting, that the meaning I had assigned to a specific card was not the one we'd been taught in class, and at first I was uncomfortable with that, thinking I'd made an error, but then I quickly remembered the teacher's words and relaxed into it. The person for whom I was reading provided unasked for and unexpected validation when she exclaimed how accurate and spot on the reading was, providing her with answers she'd been needing for some time. She said she "felt the rightness of it all the way down to her bones"

We all need some sort of frame work to launch from, but over the course of time, different cards will come to mean different things to different people, and everyone should go with what feels right to them. After all... the person you are reading for chose YOU, not some other reader, and therefore the soul-contract by which you provide the information and awarenss they seek designates YOU as the conduit through which said information will flow!

If you are new to the process, do it every chance you get! Practice, practice, practice! Read for family. Read for friends. [I don't recommend reading for yourself, for obvious reasons!] Do it as often as you can, and the more you do it, the more you'll begin to see that you are developing your own meanings for the individual cards...they may not even mean the same thing for every reading! Learn to trust what you're getting and put it out without attachment or expectation. Detach from all of that stuff and just give out what's coming through you... that is the voice of spirit speaking.