Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 17-04-2013, 11:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSEe
In my current understanding , if I have the desire " to empty" the cup I am just creating more emotions and this will leading to longer / more suffering journey into emptiness . Buddhism is to me a process that one NATURALLY decreasing all its polluted energy - the emotions not to further increased it .
" emptying" the cup in Buddhism is never resulted from a wish or desire or practice but by awaken , by own realization and acceptance .......nothing will " fill in" the cup as in emptiness there is no cup.Thats my current understanding - please share your thought .
Thks
CSEe
it is my thought, that the cup is the mind, heart etc, and everyone's have something in them, thus they must first be emptied (of ego) to allow the greater Will to fill it again with wisdom, in this way the concept is to empty the mind of self, to allow the true divine self to be recognized....but, i could be wrong too lol....Siddartha saw the various paths in India always in conflict with each other, so, it seems to me, that he brought a new way of redirecting the attention that would allow that which is beyond mind to be recognized....
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 17-04-2013, 11:47 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
You just cannot debate what is beyond the mind, debating is of the ego wanting to be right, you yourself must enter the silence within, there you will experience that which cannot even be conceptulized, so how can one debate that. You must experience it for yourself, then see if you still want to debate about it, I bet you won't.
Is there a LIKE button?
Old 17-04-2013, 11:48 PM
Experiencer
They probably avoid debate because they know it will lead nowhere
Old 17-04-2013, 11:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selbor13
They probably avoid debate because they know it will lead nowhere
yes that's it, there is nowhere to go or to know, we are already there.
Old 18-04-2013, 06:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Well why use the word debate, why not just say you want to learn from a master, I think its just that you are using the wrong word.

Sorry sir , I do not think so , happens to me many times if I say I wish to learn many " teacher" so eager to teach but there is no room for me to challenge their understanding or ask questions ...many just want me to follow them . That is why I use the word " debate" .
Thks
CSEe
Old 18-04-2013, 06:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Sorry sir , I do not think so , happens to me many times if I say I wish to learn many " teacher" so eager to teach but there is no room for me to challenge their understanding or ask questions ...many just want me to follow them . That is why I use the word " debate" .
Thks
CSEe
But if you don't really know what your trying to find, then how do you know your right, if you feel you know more than them, then why debate, what are you really trying to prove .
Old 18-04-2013, 06:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabda
it is my thought, that the cup is the mind, heart etc, and everyone's have something in them, thus they must first be emptied (of ego) to allow the greater Will to fill it again with wisdom, in this way the concept is to empty the mind of self, to allow the true divine self to be recognized....but, i could be wrong too lol....Siddartha saw the various paths in India always in conflict with each other, so, it seems to me, that he brought a new way of redirecting the attention that would allow that which is beyond mind to be recognized....

To me currently , Buddhism is a PROCESS that naturally emptying all emotion / desire / will etc OT to create another emotion to fill in the space or naturally let others fill in ......there is nothing in it - just nothingness .
Thks
CSEe
Old 18-04-2013, 07:08 AM
Master
Quote:
But if you don't really know what your trying to find, then how do you know your right, if you feel you know more than them, then why debate, what are you really trying to prove .

You are totally in reverse version from mine ......Buddhism to me current is a NATURALLY PROCESS of self realization / acceptance so if you " think" you know what to find...you are indeed created an emotion / imagination of which will cause you to travel longer journey into self realization ........if you wish to know what is right or wrong , you will always attached to your creation of self and always become the self ....this also will force you to travel in longer journey into self realization........
I never think or even have a tiny clue that I am better than anything or anyone , to me Buddhism is all about same and equal and I could never be more than others.........
The reason I wish to debate because we are human , we could communicate by words and we are in internet ...so by using words to debate that is the best option to discover ownselves with human ......debate pushes me to in touch with my realization / awareness , makes me understand my emotion more ... learn from explaining to others and others words ....
I have no intention to teach as I acceptedno one could teach Buddhism including Siddharta.
Thks
CSEe
Old 18-04-2013, 07:29 AM
Master
Quote:
You are totally in reverse version from mine ......Buddhism to me current is a NATURALLY PROCESS of self realization / acceptance so if you " think" you know what to find...you are indeed created an emotion / imagination of which will cause you to travel longer journey into self realization ........if you wish to know what is right or wrong , you will always attached to your creation of self and always become the self ....this also will force you to travel in longer journey into self realization........
I never think or even have a tiny clue that I am better than anything or anyone , to me Buddhism is all about same and equal and I could never be more than others.........
The reason I wish to debate because we are human , we could communicate by words and we are in internet ...so by using words to debate that is the best option to discover ownselves with human ......debate pushes me to in touch with my realization / awareness , makes me understand my emotion more ... learn from explaining to others and others words ....
I have no intention to teach as I acceptedno one could teach Buddhism including Siddharta.
Thks
CSEe
I see what you are saying, but still i see no use in debating Buddha-hood, to me its like debating our very Being, it just cannot be done, unless there's the mind, that wants to pull all apart.
Old 18-04-2013, 08:05 AM
Master
Quote:
I see what you are saying, but still i see no use in debating Buddha-hood, to me its like debating our very Being, it just cannot be done, unless there's the mind, that wants to pull all apart.

I do not see that way . To me we are all " nothingness" and "ourselves" is something that we discovering ...debating makes me aware of myself NOT ME as ME is " nothingness" and nothingness have nothing to discuss ..................

So I am debating to discover all my emotions / our will / desire ....not ME...
Thks
CSEe