Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Old 12-02-2016, 08:08 AM
Master
Saw it in the theatre. Was I entertained? Yes. Do I think it holds up to the classics? No, I do not think that.

Why? It was highly derivative of an earlier SW episode, and i felt it was unrealistic in certain key points of character/plot development in contrast to the rest of the star wars universe laid out in the first 6 movies and also the animated series clone wars, which i was a big fan of.

I think the second one will be better, from the looks of who's directing it, can't recall the name other than his resume of past films has me encouraged.

It was a 'good' movie in the way that JJ Abrams Star Trek films were good, all the stylistic flash, frenetic action, snappy dialogue and big explosions; yet like the Stark Trek movies i felt some of the spirit of star wars was lost in the translation.
Old 11-05-2016, 11:11 AM
Master
I consider myself to be an arthouse film, Tarkovsky-loving snob, but I've seen this film three times now and I've got to say, I bloody loved it every time. Just a real thrill-ride, lots of fun, and I particularly loved Daisy Ridley's performance, she was a complete unknown to me but her performance was a revelation for me.
Old 24-05-2016, 04:27 PM
Knower
I was pleasantly surprised it didn't bomb and loved the ending with Luke. Looking forward to the other two movies coming out.
Old 24-05-2016, 08:27 PM
Suspended
The new Star Wars film is like a video game. It gives you a theme, then you have to sit out 2hrs. watching someone else play it!