Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 17-09-2015, 01:11 AM
Super Moderator
Why do we incarnate?
To experience different aspects of physical dimension. To learn what it means to 'be human', and to bring gifts from Home with which to bless this world and help others along the way, as they bring their gifts to help us.
Old 17-09-2015, 08:19 AM
Knower
BuzzCap7, I was tired yesterday and didn't want to reply in that state, but first I wanted to say WELCOME.

The importance of this question for me is that we are all working from the assumption of some kind of 'prize' at the end of a life. Christians believe we go to heaven (or to hell if we got it wrong). Those who believe in reincarnation believe that we have to learn something and that we have lots of chances to learn, but we are striving to do our best so that we don't make things worse for the next time. All of these beliefs start from the basis of we are imperfect and we try to attain better.

So where did we come from? Where did that imperfection originate? Surely we must have incarnated the first time and then created the karma we are now releasing. Or whatever your belief is.

I do believe our higher self is 'part of God' and it makes absolutely no sense at all to me that 'infinite intelligence' would need to incarnate into a life of incest or a life of poverty or a life of torture in order to 'know itself better'. That would make God/The Universe no better than sick sociopath. So why then? To release stuff from past lives? Why did we have those past lives?

And if time is not linear then you perhaps haven't even had the life that you are releasing the karma from in this one.

I have seen an explanation from Gary Renard that does sort of explain it.

I know, this is all very philosophical and we probably can't know. But I am enjoying the questioning and the answers. All very interesting food for thought.
Old 17-09-2015, 11:13 AM
Knower

Where did that imperfection originate?...I do believe our higher self is 'part of God' and it makes absolutely no sense at all to me that 'infinite intelligence' would need to incarnate into a life of incest or a life of poverty or a life of torture in order to 'know itself better'. That would make God/The Universe no better than sick sociopath. So why then?
Old 17-09-2015, 11:53 AM
Master
Distortions or imperfections if you like, are needed for the One to expand, and expansion is it's prime intent.
What ever we are doing in the outer layers of creation, is bringing forward the intent of the creative force, the One which we are part of.
There is only One.
Old 17-09-2015, 01:06 PM
Knower
Rah nam, at the risk of sounding confrontational (which is honestly not the intent), the idea of the One/Universe/Infinite wanting to expand itself by torture, suffering and rape feels terribly perverse to me. That's why that particular line of thought has never rung true for me. The infinite doesn't need to expand, it is infinite.
Old 17-09-2015, 02:25 PM
Simply because this is a great place to learn to apply what we
learned on the Other Side !

It is an adventure to the Godhead, Source, Father Creator to
experience all that He can be individualized in 'us'...
little data collectors.
Next stop, Venus or a planet on the Astral plane!

Another way to put what others have said.

Once a person has experienced the Infinite or the Divine...there is way more understanding...
this little pea brain of ours can't quite get the whole picture...why, it can't even understand
suffering or apparent death or even infinite expansion...or creation itself!
Yup, going beyond the intellect is the best way to understand...tho, the intellect is a wonderful thing.
How does one do that?
Meditation and asking for insight from inside....not from others.

Anyway, that's how it worked for me, at least.
Different strokes for others...

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-09-2015, 03:18 PM
Knower
Good points, Miss Hepburn!
Old 17-09-2015, 06:49 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianalexanderr
Where did that imperfection originate?...I do believe our higher self is 'part of God' and it makes absolutely no sense at all to me that 'infinite intelligence' would need to incarnate into a life of incest or a life of poverty or a life of torture in order to 'know itself better'. That would make God/The Universe no better than sick sociopath. So why then?

From what I have come to understand from the Law of One is that there are two paths an individual can take - service to others (positive path) and service to self (negative path). The folks that choose negative path do not have their heart chakra open at all and totally skip this density. It is hard for me to wrap my brain around it to believe something so negative can come from source. But, it is allowed through free will.

Spirit has granted us free will to choose our paths. Eventually those service to self folks will get it turned around for themselves and have a longer path to move on. Right now we must experience both positive and negative for our learning. We must learn to forgive them and ourselves. Earth is nothing but a school to learn from our mistakes and others.
Old 18-09-2015, 12:25 AM
Master
I have a friend who would answer the question "Why do we incarnate" as
"Because being omnipotent is largely boring".
LOL

It's as good of an answer as any.

Mine would be "For the adventure of it".
Old 18-09-2015, 01:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antheia
Rah nam, at the risk of sounding confrontational (which is honestly not the intent), the idea of the One/Universe/Infinite wanting to expand itself by torture, suffering and rape feels terribly perverse to me. That's why that particular line of thought has never rung true for me. The infinite doesn't need to expand, it is infinite.

If you split the One into two or polarize it into light and dark or positive and negative you will get extremes the further you move away from source, and we are in the outer rims of vibrations.
The infinity applies to it's potential not to it's expression. Why do galaxies come into existence constantly, why do verses collapse and more come into existence? For the fun of it? It has nothing else to do? Nothing in creation happens without purpose. Nothing.
It is interesting that you use the negative as an example, why not the beauty of this planet, the positive?
Fact is, the positive will not move forward without the negative. One can not exist without the other. How they play out depends on the participants, the expressions of creation, in the game.