Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Electronic Communication

Old 31-05-2014, 03:49 AM
Experiencer
Spirits Seaking Through Music

A friend of mine and I were talking and we believe we are receiving messages through music. Does anyone have any thoughts about that or any experiences related to that?
Old 01-06-2014, 08:35 PM
Lorelyen

Most definitely. I'll try to keep it short...try....

I've always been deeply involved with music and it's the less predictable, more sensuous music that counts the most. But there's a big connection between dance (predominantly rhythmical, harmonically simple music) and Spirits. In fact, I often make an offering of my dance energies for them to use in their work when I know I'm going really to "let go".

But in quieter moments I spend time with that branch of "classical" music called impressionist or symbolist: Debussy, Delius; sometimes Romantic (capital R) - Berlioz, Bruckner; and one or two other genres. I'm usually drawn totally into the music (so the rest of the world is shut out - rock solid gone?!!) and I'm aware of spirits; sometimes I get flashes of insights almost telepathically - there's some kind of disturbance at a spiritual level (difficult to explain - it's sensed rather than felt bodily most times) but they translate into something meaningful eventually most times. Sometimes the message is clear and understanding is immediate. And there can be a body reaction.

Sometimes the connection is deeper and I know I'm sending back, again it's "speaking" through feelings rather than words but I have sometimes formed words inwardly. It doesn't happen every time and it's something I can control. If I want just to be drawn into a mind journey to somewhere, I don't exactly shut them out but they seem to understand.

So yes, we're on the same wavelength here!

♫♪♫....
Old 03-06-2014, 04:57 AM
Experiencer
Wow! That's really in depth! My friend and I were sort of talking it over and we somehow got on the subject of being communicated to through music which we both believe we are. I've never thought about it in the way you were describing though.
Old 13-06-2014, 04:04 PM
Master
Since I was a child, whenever I listen to music that is extremely beautiful o me or touching, I can almost feel my spirit and the guardians and spirits around me stir with the music. Some,times I even get this blissful tingling sensation.

Sometimes I can close my eyes and see different worlds and stories that play like movies to my imagination. They were so deep - it was entering a trance state and the beings in these worlds may be going through something related to in the song or just living their lives in amazing places unlike ours.

I realized this was some form of creative power, and that spirits were showing me how to feel intensity and beauty and emotion when listening to music. To understand the spirit of rhythm and melodies and such.

I also relate to Lorelyen on the matter of dance and such and I too sometimes feel like spirits may be with me and moving with me when I dance.
Old 13-06-2014, 04:29 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkestShadeofGrey
Since I was a child, whenever I listen to music that is extremely beautiful o me or touching, I can almost feel my spirit and the guardians and spirits around me stir with the music. Some,times I even get this blissful tingling sensation.

Sometimes I can close my eyes and see different worlds and stories that play like movies to my imagination. They were so deep - it was entering a trance state and the beings in these worlds may be going through something related to in the song or just living their lives in amazing places unlike ours.

I realized this was some form of creative power, and that spirits were showing me how to feel intensity and beauty and emotion when listening to music. To understand the spirit of rhythm and melodies and such.

I also relate to Lorelyen on the matter of dance and such and I too sometimes feel like spirits may be with me and moving with me when I dance.

I should dance more often and see if I feel anything. I agree with you though on the sensation when listening to music. It just makes me all giddy!
Old 16-06-2014, 12:13 AM
Sister Rags

I receive all sorts of gifts, healings, and energies through music. I thought everyone did...??
Old 17-06-2014, 05:53 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Rags
I receive all sorts of gifts, healings, and energies through music. I thought everyone did...??

I never had until a couple of years ago
Old 17-06-2014, 06:35 PM
Badger1777

I agree with everything said so far.

Its not a new idea though. In shamanic practices, they often 'ride the drums', the rhythm taking them into a trance, where they can then communicate with spirits.

Back in the 1990s 'rave culture', lots of ravers found spiritual connections. I was one. You could go to a rave all by yourself, and immediately be absorbed into a peaceful collective, and soon you were not really in the club or field, or anywhere else for that matter, you'd just be absorbing and sharing energy and feeling The older generation of the day just thought we were all daft youths on illegal drugs, but while its true that some people did take drugs, the majority didn't. We weren't the first either. The punks and the hippies and probably every 'movement' before experienced the same thing.

Oh and yes, it works when your alone too. You can still be in the 'collective' in spirit, even if you were a million miles away from the nearest other human.
Old 19-06-2014, 07:49 PM
Experiencer
Badger,

I love how you brought the fact of shamanic practices to the conversation. I had completely forgotten the obvious, yea?

Raves artistically are beautiful to me. I have no clue as to why considering to be in one scares me to death. Don't get me wrong I don't think it's a negative atmosphere. Maybe being emphatic sends waves of emotions to me that I cant thoroughly digest spiritually? Either way it makes me giddy inside hearing you say raves can be used to connect.

Agreed on the older generations. It never fails and will never fail that as we progress the music will always be perceived as "bad" to each older generation. Even in the 50's it was "devils music" to their grandparents and parents. I find it laughable but, hey, to each their own I suppose.

"Oh and yes, it works when your alone too. You can still be in the 'collective' in spirit, even if you were a million miles away from the nearest other human."

I'm not sure if I understand that correctly. Can you elaborate?

Blessings
Old 19-06-2014, 09:59 PM
Badger1777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Imber
"Oh and yes, it works when your alone too. You can still be in the 'collective' in spirit, even if you were a million miles away from the nearest other human."

I'm not sure if I understand that correctly. Can you elaborate?

Blessings

I just mean that you don't need to be surrounded by people to get yourself into a good mental place through music. I use music to help me get a successful transcendental meditation going, and once in such, you're connected to everything really. I never (intentionally) got a transcendental meditation going on in a rave, for the purely practical reason that I didn't want to leave my barely conscious physical body lying around unsupervised in the middle of a crowd of ecstatic ravers, just in case it got accidentally broken Instead when you're in a rave, you stay in your body, but at the same time feel everything not just from those physically present but, I suspect, a lot more. The energy that flows is quite intense, like your whole body is just coursing with electricity. The connection is unmistakable. You can feel everyone else's mood and intentions. Perhaps this is another reason why the rave scene got a bad press. There was the mistaken belief by some that there was a lot of promiscuity at such gatherings, because it was not unusual for people to just start snogging (passionate kissing for the non-Brits among us ) each other without so much as an introduction first, so I guess it looked quite hedonistic in a way. But the thing is everyone just knew everyone else's mood and feelings, so if you just knew the girl nearby was thinking of 'contacting' with you, and you knew she knew that you were thinking the same, then either party could just walk up to the other and have a snog. 9 times out of 10 it would become immediately apparent that although there was a bond of universal friendship there, it was nothing more, so you'd just wander off also without a word, and neither party would feel any shame or embarrassment or awkwardness. The whole thing was brilliant. Very powerfully spiritual.