Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Electronic Communication

Old 15-03-2014, 05:36 PM
gunswordsarecool

ouija board style

does anyone else think that evp or white noise through the tv could have the same adverse effects like a ouija board? what i mean is, you are trying to purposely contact spirits through an open portal that isnt safe guarded what so ever.
Old 15-03-2014, 07:10 PM
Kotori

I believe anything that you use with the intent of contacting spirits can possible attract spirits to you. The key word here being "intent."

A Ouija board by itself is harmless, so is the white noise through the TV. It is when you use these items with the intent to contact spirits that you may get more then you bargained for.
Old 17-03-2014, 01:22 AM
dogninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotori
I believe anything that you use with the intent of contacting spirits can possible attract spirits to you. The key word here being "intent."

A Ouija board by itself is harmless, so is the white noise through the TV. It is when you use these items with the intent to contact spirits that you may get more then you bargained for.

I agree. You could use a stuffed teddy bear with intent\as a focal point to communicate with spirits and they will come. And yes I believe that if you have any psychological defects in dealing with lost souls eventually they may be used against you. Use caution, I could list off tons of horrible experiences I've had from not being well-informed.
Old 17-03-2014, 03:48 PM
Experiencer

Myself I have both the very conscious of "Consciousness" and the dreamlike unconscious of what I can nevr predict with the tv and its white noise. I don't expect anything bad to happen unless one is pathological which wouldn't exactly be sanity anyhow, fascination can lead one off to many places not all of them good.
Old 18-03-2014, 04:14 PM
gunswordsarecool

i think the point is being over looked, lots of bad things happen with ouija boards when the intent is for people to just have fun with them. white noise and EVP is pretty much the same deal. regardless of intent, you dont know who or what is looking at you from the other side and im guessing that most of the people doing this dont protect or ground the portal they are opening. evp and white noise are just the modern version of a ouija board, people arent trying to help the spirits they are just doing it for fun.
Old 18-03-2014, 04:32 PM
Kotori

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunswordsarecool
i think the point is being over looked, lots of bad things happen with ouija boards when the intent is for people to just have fun with them. white noise and EVP is pretty much the same deal. regardless of intent, you dont know who or what is looking at you from the other side and im guessing that most of the people doing this dont protect or ground the portal they are opening. evp and white noise are just the modern version of a ouija board, people arent trying to help the spirits they are just doing it for fun.

That may be true for some people. But many others, like myself, take what we do very seriously.
Old 18-03-2014, 06:35 PM
gunswordsarecool

what are people actually doing to help these spirits? i view evp and white noise to be disrespectful, its like walking into a hospital full of sick children with a video camera and getting them to dance for you, then leaving and posting the vids on youtube and saying you are doing good when you havent helped them at all.
Old 18-03-2014, 07:25 PM
Kotori

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunswordsarecool
what are people actually doing to help these spirits? i view evp and white noise to be disrespectful, its like walking into a hospital full of sick children with a video camera and getting them to dance for you, then leaving and posting the vids on youtube and saying you are doing good when you havent helped them at all.

This may come as a surprise to you, but those who record EVPs with integrity often have spirit helpers that work with them. I know I do. These spirits helpers not only ensure my safely, but they help entities that ask for help.

Spirits have free will just as we do. They can choose to speak or not to speak. To make them self visible to our eyes, or not. They can choose to cross into the light, or not. They are not puppets. I can not force them to speak, or to show themselves, and no one can force them to cross into the light.

From my experience, many spirits, good and bad, enjoy interacting with the living. Spirits have told me that they like my questions. Others will say, "ask me a question." Some just like to observe.

I recently had a spirit who came to me and said " I can hear you!" Then he preceded to tell me "drugs will kill you!" Coincidence or not, but a young man in our area had just passed from a drug overdose. I asked for my son to come and help this young man cross over. I've never heard from him again.

Yesterday, I had a spirit ask for my help. This spirit was most likely earthbound, lost and confused. He was aware that I could I could hear him and he asked for my assistance. I then asked for my spirit helpers to help guide him into the light.