Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 24-02-2012, 08:38 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Hi lukas .

Would you say that one's soul essence that carries through to each incarnation can be expressed through one's personality / character?

x daz x
Hi daz

From a linear time-space reference it is often spoken of reincarnation, which is well and good for explaining this or that. When you want to explain a persons personality we should be aware that all incarnations happen from your oversoul's perspective simultaneously - all at once.

So yes, your question already contains the answer. I'll just add more detail for clarification, since you obviously have more related questions. The soul essence shines through in every incarnation depending on the personality structure of the incarnation. When you become enlightened you then again live much more from that oversoul-state that is not just aware of the incarnation but also of your other expressions - you can use the wisdom and abilities you have there and move your consciousness more loosely between your lifetimes. Usually you keep your core personality when you become enlightened, the more you go beyond that level to higher levels of consciousness the more you become an oversoul in an individual body. Basically the idea of an incarnation is the projection of the oversoul into a specific set of circumstances in which you can decide who you want to be and have a certain kind of experience. When you incarnate as who you are now, that is the only time you will be that you, so your job is to be best you, you can be in that lifetime. In essence you are always your soul with self imposed limitations where you can decide what you want to do with them.

Typically you have patterns in this lifetime that resonate with many other lifetimes and the overall resonance is again part of your oversoul's energy, because you integrate it. Evolution always is integrating and never excluding. You also make connections to lifetimes from other people, which lifetimes you have not lived but want to integrate their experience, because you think that can serve you in your evolution.

Ultimately your oversoul has also an energy signature, but it's way more multifaceted than what could be called a personality. More like you would give it a color. Some oversouls within an oversoulfamiliy can be similar, but nevertheless be slightly different, for example if one oversoul has the energetic frequency of light blue the other has one of the color royal blue.

Conclusively the higher your consciousness the more you carry it through everything you embody in that moment - in what ever way you like to do it.
Old 24-02-2012, 09:16 PM
Shabby

Quote:
Hi Shabs .

I agree with that but can we separate the self with the mind-body .

I agree that the self is the observer but also the self interacts and expresses through various outlets .

The self is love . The self and love is all there is for they are the same .

If the self just observers what is the self observing .

How does the self, self express?

Did the masters have a personality?

x daz x

The Self must be separated from the body-mind. I see no other way. Yes the Self is Love and that is also what it expresses through all actions. Self is observing love in action....beyond the appearance of body-mind action. Yes Masters have a personality...but that is not who they are...that is how they appear to be....for the good of the whole.
Old 25-02-2012, 03:23 AM
chandrakavi

Quote:
Hi Chandrakavi .

Would you say that one that is in expression of a loving personality is wearing a mask?

x daz x

NO, I wouldn't say that. As I said before it came from persona, the greeck masks, (happy, and sad) they used in their theater.

We used the word personality in our language, not stopping to think of the meaning. I see a loving person, as something real. Not a fake. Not with the values of society. As a real identity. What is real in you is not "personality"
Old 25-02-2012, 08:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas
The soul essence shines through in every incarnation depending on the personality structure of the incarnation.

Hi Lukas . _ nice post .

I agree although I am not quite sure when you say depending on the personality structure of the incarnation . Won’t the core nature of one’s soul shine through in any circumstance? Perhaps you could give an example of your meaning when you get the time .

Quote:
Usually you keep your core personality when you become enlightened, the more you go beyond that level to higher levels of consciousness the more you become an oversoul in an individual body .

I agree and that expression will be consistent .

Quote:
Ultimately your oversoul has also an energy signature, but it’s way more multifaceted than what could be called a personality .

Yes I agree _and yes our soulful energy signature is not the same as one’s personality but I would say we cannot separate those energies from blending and merging together, I would say that one’s true nature cannot be absent within any of our energy bodies as by ways of expressing what we are, whether it be in a way of stroking a pet to communicating with another It’s just perhaps there are many levels as to how much of a true expression that is in expression . (lol) .

x daz x
Old 25-02-2012, 09:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby
The Self must be separated from the body-mind..

Hi Shabbs .

How do we separate one from one?

Quote:

Yes the Self is Love and that is also what it expresses through all actions..

Yes love expresses through everything because everything is an expression of love .

Quote:
Self is observing love in action....beyond the appearance of body-mind action...

Self is observing self for there is no other which is the same as you say where the self is observing love . We cannot seperate the body or the personality from what we are or from that love .

Quote:
Yes Masters have a personality...but that is not who they are...that is how they appear to be....for the good of the whole.

I agree that the personality is not who they but the personality can contain and reflect one's nature .

x daz x
Old 25-02-2012, 09:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrakavi
NO, I wouldn't say that. As I said before it came from persona, the greeck masks, (happy, and sad) they used in their theater.

. I see a loving person, as something real. Not a fake. Not with the values of society. As a real identity. What is real in you is not "personality"

Hi chandrakavi

Thanks for your thoughts by the way .

Would you say that an individual that is not seemingly expressing love is therefore not real? .

I am just trying to understand your understandings .

x daz x
Old 25-02-2012, 09:38 AM
Guide

Quote:
I agree although I am not quite sure when you say depending on the personality structure of the incarnation . Won’t the core nature of one’s soul shine through in any circumstance? Perhaps you could give an example of your meaning when you get the time .

It depends what you have decided for this lifetime, you chose lifetime overlays and a few of the circumstance you are born into - you can have clusters of lifetimes that interact with each other where you are an actor and you can have clusters where you are more embodying a mystic archetype. So while every of these experiences is ultimately you, some lifetimes could be put into a group that have similar traits and be thus then different personality wise. Nevertheless you would feel something familiar about the actor person if you knew him in another lifetime as the mystic person.

The mystic typically is more willing to have an integrative experience or evolution and looks how he can integrate everything from other lifetimes. The actor does that also, one of his main talents is not that he is just playing roles but also tapping into lifetimes where he actually was that person. The less inner issues you have the easier it is to become more expanded in you own experience. While persons can have an integrative experience of their soul, like the mystic and the actor, they don't necessarily have the same personality, because they have a different archetypal blueprint chosen for their lifetime so to speak. In the end nothing is totally fixed, it's more that you decide to walk down a certain path and how you walk it down is in your own hands. There are people who have taken a jump off the cliff - for example scientists who became mystics and then wanted to bring both together, it's likely that even that is no accident, more like an contemporary form of becoming a mystic in our Western civilization that is able to help out in an appropriate way. That's why I said in the first post what's active in the moment and that you have several potential personalities.

In your last lifetimes and the final lifetime you get rid of all the issues you have accumulated, as you then want to integrate all of the lifetimes and operate less within archetype models, your evolution becomes the most important aspect of the experience you are having. You rather like to help out, become enlightened and beyond and go together with your twin flame again, so you can move on to new adventures.
Old 25-02-2012, 02:27 PM
Master
Quote:
It depends what you have decided for this lifetime, you chose lifetime overlays and a few of the circumstance you are born into - you can have clusters of lifetimes that interact with each other where you are an actor and you can have clusters where you are more embodying a mystic archetype. So while every of these experiences is ultimately you, some lifetimes could be put into a group that have similar traits and be thus then different personality wise. Nevertheless you would feel something familiar about the actor person if you knew him in another lifetime as the mystic person.

The mystic typically is more willing to have an integrative experience or evolution and looks how he can integrate everything from other lifetimes. The actor does that also, one of his main talents is not that he is just playing roles but also tapping into lifetimes where he actually was that person. The less inner issues you have the easier it is to become more expanded in you own experience. While persons can have an integrative experience of their soul, like the mystic and the actor, they don't necessarily have the same personality, because they have a different archetypal blueprint chosen for their lifetime so to speak. In the end nothing is totally fixed, it's more that you decide to walk down a certain path and how you walk it down is in your own hands. There are people who have taken a jump off the cliff - for example scientists who became mystics and then wanted to bring both together, it's likely that even that is no accident, more like an contemporary form of becoming a mystic in our Western civilization that is able to help out in an appropriate way. That's why I said in the first post what's active in the moment and that you have several potential personalities.

In your last lifetimes and the final lifetime you get rid of all the issues you have accumulated, as you then want to integrate all of the lifetimes and operate less within archetype models, your evolution becomes the most important aspect of the experience you are having. You rather like to help out, become enlightened and beyond and go together with your twin flame again, so you can move on to new adventures.

Thanks Lukas . I understand your perception in reference to their being the possibility for having a multitude of personalities in any given moment by using your examples of experiences had in the forms of an actor, or a mystic .

What I am starting to point towards though is if an individual consciously became liberated from past and present expressions and past and present influences that related to having any particular identity could that individual no longer have a personality or if a personality was present and in expression that expression would be of the self .

x dazzle x
Old 25-02-2012, 03:53 PM
Shabby

Hey Gods : )

How do we separate one from one?

This is what some Teachers call the process of detachment. What we are detaching is Self from the belief that we are the body-mind. We are nothing we can perceive with our mind....nothing.

Maharaja says to focus on the "I am" only in meditation, but for me it was a realization that came from my experience of God talking to me....and it was instantly:

One day while sitting outside and contemplating on the thought "Where is God"....I heard: I am closer than you think. My first reaction was of course you are, everyone knows that...but I heard nothing in reply...a silence but not an answer or confirmation...it was not validated. So I thought: Closer than you think....think.....thinking....thought....closer than thought....BEFORE Thought! I got it! Like a light went on. It all made sense...that is why they say the mind is silent, that is why they call it the unborn....that is why they say Before you were born I was.....it is before anything came into being.

"I am" is a thought and we are one with that thought....no longer one with God as the absolute. "I am" is the original thought....the first thought. When I am is realized in the absence of all else (I am not this nor that) as Maharaj suggests we come back to the original thought and we experience ourselves as Bliss...pure existence and we are that bliss. The realization of "I am" is what some refer to as realizing the Self and for some people it is enough, but this is yet only the door. "I am" is the door. Beyond I am is the absolute....pure awareness.....nothing....yet everything and what I refer to as God.

So, I am is Self in the absence of being anything other than pure being and what some consider as God or Consciousness...but it is not the absolute.

Sorry I got a little carried away : )
Old 25-02-2012, 04:27 PM
Guide

You get the beginning of your personality-construct already in the mother womb. It's part of the process to be able to experience this reality as a consciousness that people give you beliefs that crystallize into your belief-structures, otherwise you would be much too alien to relate to anything and anything to you.
Beside that there have to be always other experiences that influence you - you couldn't make with other people the agreement to experience the same kind of reality with no connections to other similar experiences.

The belief constructs are at the same time your limitations. Your beliefs which determine your personality also determine automatically your relationship to all that is. Relative to the One everything will have some kind of limitation. But practically at these levels like your oversoul, you really don't speak about personalities anymore even if it may be technically built out of the same building blocks. You wouldn't use the same semantics of personality for an amoeba as for a politican - not because the second is better but it's a more sophisticated and complicated organism that works in a different way.

It's a language thing, since we typically don't talk about it we have a limited language available. Given some good analogies we still have some room for this or that.