Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 02-02-2012, 07:21 AM
Pathfinder

What are emotions ?

Hi. I am wondering what emotions are , where they come from and who is it that feels them ?

are emotions energies recieved on spiritual astral plane or are really just something selfobvious that just exist ?
Old 02-02-2012, 04:31 PM
n2mec

For me, emotions are portals where mind, body and being struggle for control as the intensity build so does its meaning. But thats just me.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:56 PM
Shabby

To me emotions are reactions to thoughts. Emotions can be experienced as good and bad depended on an individuals perception of what good and bad is.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:09 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darky
Hi. I am wondering what emotions are , where they come from and who is it that feels them ?

are emotions energies recieved on spiritual astral plane or are really just something selfobvious that just exist ?

If you think about it, emotions were the first logic you ever had. For humans they as in all living creature are a relation of experience. It is a experience. Take a young baby, it's brain isn't fully developed. Structurally it's brain and state of mind is aware. If it's hungry, it doesn't know it is in the way you and I know. Emotions are first instinctual.

As you grow the brain develops in stages. Structurally the brain is divided, one (layer) over another. It isn't surprising structurally they're called the first or primitive (reptilian) and the modern brain. It's relevant to understand one never out grows this part of the brain. Structurally that part of the brain we associate with thinking and logic doesn't develop until later in life. Here's something I think is relative from the moment you are born until you die emotion is part of your thinking process. It cannot be otherwise.

Why it remains is because the part of the brain physically never goes away but in the beginning the dominate area of brain used functionally and all brains integrate later development of areas that comes about naturally and slowly. In a way logic understands but emotion only knows. Eventually the brain comes to be able to both understand and know. The thing is I think it's important to see that the developed part does not ever go away. That's it's purpose and function and how can that go away.

Emotion doesn't change, it's one's experiencing it's environment probably even by nature and repetition the first area of brain used. I'm merely suggesting where it comes from and that it exists subordinate to the mind.
Emotions are simply to be included as part of logic.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:06 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

I sense that emotions are communications from our 'non-local' existence, and we receive those communications as 'feelings'.. sometimes it seems like we are just beginning to decode an encrypted language when it concerns emotions.. we think it's 'all about me', but.. it most often reveals something about 'we'..

Be well..
Old 03-02-2012, 07:32 AM
Master
They're felt both subtly and as physical sensations.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:19 AM
silent whisper

Last edited by silent whisper : 03-02-2012 at 10:21 AM.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:56 AM
michael55

This is perhaps like asking what colors are. :)
Old 03-02-2012, 05:35 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael55
This is perhaps like asking what colors are. :)

I've never understood why it's said color can't be if asked. The words physical, energy, waves, frequencies (physics) keep popping up for me. Technically and scientifically, color can be, it's just not something we understand and it is that which is and should be understood that it's about that. It may take a full life dedicated to it (and color) but it's the same for everyone all things being equal. What I see you see. Science can explain it by itself.

Don't you think we take such ideas of not being able to out of context. I've always seen this as the flaw in an arrangement of logic. Generally most people would agree with you though, we can't. We manifest. I wish manifesting was better understood. It's important. But then they aren't thinking about it anyway. Quite literally this is being negative and far too concerned what others think. Actually time and reflection and it may take 5 years, 10 years, maybe 20, a college degree, or as we say....never. I would never teach never, at least any longer. Truthfully I'm sorry I once did, it came to be believed and holds you back. A child can understand color but now an adult no longer can. I now marvel at this and always think of the words spoken about coming back as a child.

It is not color that is being describe if color is the object. Maybe we have and will continue what I think of as negative reinforcement.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:27 AM
Quagmire

The simple version is: Emotions is a Language that tells us how we are on the inside. We use them to interact with each other throught the emotional wavegrid.