Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 19-07-2011, 02:04 PM
Time

Once again.. too true
Old 19-07-2011, 02:35 PM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew g
You made me laugh there....you are so right....searching instant enlightenment is part of the process!

In my opinion, as our path unfolds we cultivate two important things....patience and flexibility. And self-forgiveness plays a big part in cultivating these things. I guess the day that we feel like God constantly is the day that we live as if its all a journey without a destination.

If we accept that mind is a machine so complex that (with so much input from others) we are probably not even responsible for our thoughts. So it is easy to self-forgive. Why not do it?

3dnow
Old 19-07-2011, 02:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dnow
If we accept that mind is a machine so complex that (with so much input from others) we are probably not even responsible for our thoughts. So it is easy to self-forgive. Why not do it?

3dnow

Well...I think sometimes our beliefs are such that its hard to self-forgive. I am better at it than I used to be, in the old days I used to have to get real crazy before I was willing to self-forgive.

Sometimes as well, there may be a step to take before self-forgiving. Maybe we need to be honest about something to someone, maybe we need to make a decision that takes a lot of courage, maybe we need to say sorry to someone before we can fully self-forgive.

So I think it all depends. As essential as I think self-forgiveness is, I think its only important piece of a jigsaw puzzle.
Old 19-07-2011, 05:26 PM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by moke64916
I think that accident is unconscious behavior within Us.

The current thought is the result of a chain of conscious and unconscious past thoughts and experiences, input from others and current fears etc. So complicated to understand that I prefer to call it an accident to mean that we are not really responsible for it.

One might say, no we are responsible for our thoughts. I say our only responsibility is not to judge them.

3dnow
Old 19-07-2011, 06:01 PM
moke64916

Jesus says, "forgive him for what he knows not what he does."I think If one is unconscious of their behavior and the other knows that about people then that person can be in peace having the wisdom to know the difference. In AA everytime you go you say. "god, grant me the serinity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." i think if one is unconsciously thinking he won't know it. If one is aware of it, then they have a choice in the matter.
Old 19-07-2011, 06:18 PM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by moke64916
Jesus says, "forgive him for what he knows not what he does."I think If one is unconscious of their behavior and the other knows that about people then that person can be in peace having the wisdom to know the difference. In AA everytime you go you say. "god, grant me the serinity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." i think if one is unconsciously thinking he won't know it. If one is aware of it, then they have a choice in the matter.

Yes take the example of a serial killer. Can you really judge him? Zillions of things happened to his mind during years and years ... he became a serial killer. What happened is his choice really? Impossible because he is God.

Impossible to judge him. He is an accident.

3dnow
Old 19-07-2011, 06:35 PM
Master
if you're telepathic not only do you have to forgive your own mental inanities but those of your contacts as well. lol

mental discipline becomes a must if you don't wanna drive your selves crazy.
Old 19-07-2011, 06:41 PM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
if you're telepathic not only do you have to forgive your own mental inanities but those of your contacts as well. lol

mental discipline becomes a must if you don't wanna drive your selves crazy.

In my experience, self-judgment makes you crazy. You keep repeating the same thought (that you judge bad).

3dnow
Old 19-07-2011, 06:48 PM
3dnow

Current thought depends on:

1. Past thoughts and inputs from others since birth
2. Subconscious or conscious fears
3. Heard that body chemistry affects the thoughts
4. Telepathic influences possibly
5. The state of the chakra system
etc.

The first one is already enough reason to make it impossible to understand the real reasons of a thought.

So can we judge our thoughts?

3dnow

Last edited by 3dnow : 19-07-2011 at 07:57 PM.
Old 19-07-2011, 06:50 PM
moke64916

Self judgement is very unhealthy for us. It just leads to unnecessary emotions and I think self judgement is part of ego. It is unhealthy behavior to self judge. Making an identity through past experiences or our personalities is ABOUT knowing yourself. True self is the unmanifested. Our past makes who we THINK we are. But who we are is the unmanifested. That is God. The unmanifested. We all are God. We are the unmanifested.