Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 08-12-2018, 02:33 PM
Master
I can see that you guys enjoy nothing more than shredding traditional Christian beliefs. One can sense your glee at destroying what most people call Christianity.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 08-12-2018, 03:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
I can see that you guys enjoy nothing more than shredding traditional Christian beliefs. One can sense your glee at destroying what most people call Christianity.

That which is strong cannot be shredded Honza.

If you will point out what you presume is being destroyed ( your personal perception) I am sure it would make an interesting point to discuss, in a civilised way of course.
Old 08-12-2018, 04:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123

If you will point out what you presume is being destroyed ( your personal perception) I am sure it would make an interesting point to discuss, in a civilised way of course.

You always feign complete innocence....

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 08-12-2018, 04:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
You always feign complete innocence....

Until proven guilty....

Would you like to put me on trial
Old 08-12-2018, 05:04 PM
Master

At one time the whole world had a correct knowledge of God. People departed from this truth but still retained parts of it, so you can find some truth in all religions. Jesus came to remind of the these truths but he did something more important than teaching truth. None of us can fully obey the truth and so we are under God's condemnation. Jesus died to atone for our sin and his resurrection if proof that his death was effective. We must repent of our sins and put our faith in Jesus so we can be forgiven. If we fail to receive this forgiveness our knowledge of truth will be useless.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:04 AM
ImthatIm

Christianity teaches the 10 commandments is the law of death. We follow that which brings Life and Life more abundantly.

So why would it matter who took the law of death from who?

Come down out of that tree, it was forbidden to eat from it. Truth is carved/written on the heart.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Christianity teaches the 10 commandments is the law of death. We follow that which brings Life and Life more abundantly.

Come down out of that tree, it was forbidden to eat from it. Truth is carved/written on the heart.

How do you personally see the Ten Commandments which are Moral Laws as the law of death?
Old 09-12-2018, 01:48 PM
Master
Quote:

If you will point out what you presume is being destroyed ( your personal perception) I am sure it would make an interesting point to discuss, in a civilized way of course.

Good question for Honza. I can see that it has not yet been answered.
Old 09-12-2018, 02:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm

Quote:
How do you personally see the Ten Commandments which are Moral Laws as the law of death?

I too would like to hear more about how ImthatIm views the Ten Commandments as the "law of death". I have never heard the words "law of death" associated with the Ten Commandments before that post.
Old 09-12-2018, 03:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
At one time the whole world had a correct knowledge of God. People departed from this truth but still retained parts of it, so you can find some truth in all religions. Jesus came to remind of the these truths but he did something more important than teaching truth. None of us can fully obey the truth and so we are under God's condemnation. Jesus died to atone for our sin and his resurrection if proof that his death was effective. We must repent of our sins and put our faith in Jesus so we can be forgiven. If we fail to receive this forgiveness our knowledge of truth will be useless.

I agree with you that "Jesus came to remind of these truths" of which "the whole word had a correct knowledge at one time". That is consistent with what I posted as well.

However, please explain why you believe that "we are under God's condemnation now".

Also, please explain your understanding of HOW Jesus' death atoned for OUR sins and HOW His resurrection is proof that his death was effective.

(Are you aware that other beings --- Milarepa the Tibetan Yogi, Bodhidrhama the Zen Master, Sri Yukteswar the Hindu master, etc. --- also rose from the dead? What do you think their resurrections suggest?)