Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 12-03-2012, 08:52 PM
Mountain-Goat

hypomathematical about god\afterlife\etc

Woke up with this after pondering a few threads here.

okay, so no two people can have the same interpretation of an experience.
Two people look at a picture and both express and feel differently.
There will be similarities sure, but not 100%

Jay, when talking to Silent Bob from Dogma, said "Hey these are really good cheese fries!" To which Silent Bob, nods in agreement.
But are they agreeing on the same qualities of these cheese fries.
Is it the cheesinness, the crispiness of the potato, the shape, the smell.
Do they both like them because they are both hungry, or because it's a familiar pleasurable experience,
that it affords them the opportunity to go to the shop to check out the hot chick behind the counter?

So given that..imagine you and another are alive and both are experiencing the same thing.
This thing...is life and everything you have experienced in it.

After careful observation and evaluation, one of you says god\afterlife\love is all\there is no self only oneness...and the other says it is not.
Pick out of those which one relates to you, or pick some foundational thing not listed.

So, both are experiencing the same thing, reality, but each has a different interpretation,
has come to different conclusions from thier observations and evaluations of reality.

The question that i found to be the most important after pondering how others can see different things when both are looking at the same thing is,

Why?
Why do you believe god (or insert your topic from the list or your own) is real?
I'm not interested in proof or disproving your conclusions.
I am interested in do you know why you believe\percieve\conclude what you do?
And of course, for my own self awareness journey, why do I believe\perceive\conclude what i do?

You do not have to share with me the details of why you know or not.
The question is given more as a private exploration, you do not need to share.
It's just something i have been pondering there last few days.
Or by all means, discuss this amongst yourselves as i have a backlog of posts to read and respond to in "An answer in mind" thread
and with the second guide from the other forum.

What got me thinking along these lines... i pondered this a while back.
In here we discuss things and if someone says something, another may say, "You're right" or "i agree with you."

How does one determine another is right, why does one agree with the observations of another?
It's all fascinating stuff...this search or attachment to truth and the implications of knowing truth, of having beliefs.( a belief is information labeled truth\fact)

But to me, the big question, or the starting question is , Why do i believe what i do?
Why have i chosen\concluded to regard XZY as truth, temporal or permanent truths?
Old 12-03-2012, 08:56 PM
Humm

I think it is pretty well summed up in my signature.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:22 PM
Master
First , I am that which is because I am . . I assume beingness/existence simply is , and is not a matter of belief .

I don't believe I experience all of existence, because it feels like there's more than what I do experience , even though there's a sense of allness , and even though I have experienced what feels like everything all at once .

I also sometimes believe I can experience all of existence , because sometimes it feels like I am not a person experiencing things , but instead, a universe , an 'everything' experiencing being a person . Most of the time I'm not experiencing that.

Sometimes I believe I can experience all; sometimes I believe I can't.

I don't believe that what I believe ultimatels matters, because I know that that which is is not dependent on what I believe .
Old 12-03-2012, 09:51 PM
silent whisper

As we move more deeply into the oneness where spirit just is....the resonation and interpretations of others....becomes more meaningful regardless of their seeing.

Spirit in loving action knows how to reach and when.....so agreeance or resonation is simply a kindred connection of knowing......sometimes its not the words but the essence of spirit present in recognition.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:36 PM
Juanita

I would have to say "experience" whether it is illusion, reality, awareness, etc......I am a strong believer in spirit and in the afterlife....Unlike others, when I meditate, I am not really looking for the "oneness", I am looking for my husband, but as we are all part of the oneness, I suppose I am also experienceing the oneness through him.......I experience literally hundreds of ADCs (after death communications) from both him and my daughter and that is why I believe so strongly........