Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 11-03-2012, 12:16 AM
Master
Harmonious thoughts.

Thoughts can be very beautiful in my experience. They do not necessarily need to be our 'enemy' which get in the way of higher consciousness. Thoughts are often called the 'bad guy' in spiritual discussions. However in my experience they can also be very creative and harmonious.

Which is your experience? Do you have beautiful thoughts sometimes that you want to keep, or do you want to be free of all thoughts?

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:20 AM
Gracey

I usually go around with no thoughts at all, been this way my whole life. When in bad circumstances, i naturally think bad thoughts most of the time. i prefer nice ones though. sometimes i can remain silent in the storm. since my twins came along, they seem to be able to know what i am thinking, so when my emotions are in the negative, i really have to watch what i think cause they go around repeating what i am saying to myself in my head.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:21 AM
Humm

What type of thoughts one should experience depends on what one wants to do.

One can think whatever one wants - so what is it you want to do? Relaxation? Strategy? Intellectual analysis? Revenge? Transcendence? Sex? Art? What?

Sometimes I have thoughts I wish would not go away, but to hold onto them would be to step out of life's flow, so I move on. Sometimes I have disturbing thoughts that leave me wondering where they came from.

Sometimes I do indulge, but mostly I try to be present in whatever I am actually doing.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
so when my emotions are in the negative, i really have to watch what i think cause they go around repeating what i am saying to myself in my head.

LOL, that is quite funny in a peculiar way.....

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Thoughts can be very beautiful in my experience. They do not necessarily need to be our 'enemy' which get in the way of higher consciousness. Thoughts are often called the 'bad guy' in spiritual discussions. However in my experience they can also be very creative and harmonious.

Which is your experience? Do you have beautiful thoughts sometimes that you want to keep, or do you want to be free of all thoughts?

I allow the thought to exist, but I don't identify with it. I observe, sometimes I pick it up and play with it, but it is not me and I am not it. In the clear blue sky that is my consciousness the thoughts drift by like clouds.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:37 AM
Master

In my experience thought is influenced by unconscious memory, so for example if you've had a difficult life it will replay negative things. Working on that memory changes the present, conscious thoughts from negative to positive. Who I am on the inside determines my outward thoughts and actions.

I don't want to be free of thoughts, I want to free my mind from replaying memory in the unconscious that manifests as problems in my life. I can't just ignore my mind, because it's a part of me. If it's free then all kinds of wonderful things can spring from it.
Old 13-03-2012, 06:54 PM
Master
Thoughts are needed by virtually all humans. Harmonious thoughts are good.

A lot of people respect the Zen Buddhist tradition. 'Zen' is the Japanese pronunciation of the Chinese word Ch'an (meditation). The Chan Buddhists in sixth-century China had imported a meditative/spiritual practice and tradition from India - but in a few generations, they found that the Chinese populace were not inclined support the 'holy beggar' lifestyle of India. So these spiritual seekers kept their spiritual focus but became farmers, carpenters, architects, healers... they developed a practial, sharing, self-supportive way of life. You have to think in order to be a farmer, carpenter, or architect. There have been countless other spiritual movements down through history that in one way or another have been similar to the Chan Buddhists, in this way.

To personalize it... Thoughts and emotions fade away when I meditate. But, in order to be self-responsible at all, I have to think during a large portion of every day. That's my experience.