Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 08-12-2018, 05:23 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Struggler
But there are experiments proving astral projection is real.

Look for a video called "Experiments Proving Astral Projection is Real" on Youtube. Go to the 7:05 time mark.

Not sure what you mean by "is real" (I haven't checked the video you recommended yet).

My view is that "astral projection" is as real as dreaming, imagining, channeling, nde-ing, even ... dying. It is a matter of focusing your mind away of the physical plane. When one astral projects (out-of body and lucid dreaming are the same thing) you focus your attention onto your own exclusive slice of the imagination plane. From there (a non-physical plane), as directly from here (physical), you can re-focus on other planes, like the afterlife plane, but it isn't easier, nor better, nor helpful to firstly astral project.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 08-12-2018, 05:30 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
I think the same as you. Read books if you want but do not take anything as the truth. It is best to find out for yourself. You mention self hypnosis over meditation. I meditate but I think I over do it. Please let me know what you do to hypnosis yourself.

You should try several induction scripts until you find one that works best for you, then stick with that. You can look up for "self-hypnosis" scripts, for hypnosis scripts and just gave yourself the suggestions (relax, deepen, then ask for whatever you want to happen; answers, guidance, regression, suggestions, etc.). One of the advantages of hypnosis over meditation is that it is more focused. You don't just let go, you focus on what you want.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 08-12-2018, 05:41 AM
Master

Thanks for that inavalan. I will try it and let you know how it goes.
Old 08-12-2018, 07:11 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Not sure what you mean by "is real" (I haven't checked the video you recommended yet).

My view is that "astral projection" is as real as dreaming, imagining, channeling, nde-ing, even ... dying. It is a matter of focusing your mind away of the physical plane. When one astral projects (out-of body and lucid dreaming are the same thing) you focus your attention onto your own exclusive slice of the imagination plane. From there (a non-physical plane), as directly from here (physical), you can re-focus on other planes, like the afterlife plane, but it isn't easier, nor better, nor helpful to firstly astral project.

The thing is, the "real world" is also a dream, it just so happens to be more "solid" than the astral or other dimensions (but psychic abilities and magick still exist, though are hard to perform, in the main reality).
You are correct about one "focusing" our attention on other plane of existence. The thing is, the "real time zone" of the astral plane overlaps the "real world", so the astral and reality can (and do) interact. It's not just slices of imagination. You could astrally project into a military base and do espionage, for example (EDIT: you shouldnt, of course, try to do that).
Old 08-12-2018, 01:57 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Struggler
The thing is, the "real world" is also a dream, it just so happens to be more "solid" than the astral or other dimensions (but psychic abilities and magick still exist, though are hard to perform, in the main reality).
You are correct about one "focusing" our attention on other plane of existence. The thing is, the "real time zone" of the astral plane overlaps the "real world", so the astral and reality can (and do) interact. It's not just slices of imagination. You could astrally project into a military base and do espionage, for example (EDIT: you shouldnt, of course, try to do that).

I like this! Well put. Your thoughts here remind me of when I worked in the mental health field prior to becoming a stay at home mom for my son.

I worked for a year with people w chronic mental illness, specifically schizophrenia, schizoaffective and bi-polar.

I found that most of them were HIGHLY intelligent and rational when taking their medication. But I also realized in counseling them that they had no “veil”, either by heredity or trauma. They could not filter out other planes of reality.

Often depending upon their mind frames and personalities, they would experience illusions or entities that correlated to their dispositions. For example, one very kind and loving client would experience helpful spirits. Another client who was severely abused in childhood would experience harmful, evil type spirits.

I learned from that experience that some of us do not have a veil, some of us do, but either way—we attract our experiences based on our thoughts.

Hope is praying for rain; Faith is bringing an umbrella
Old 08-12-2018, 09:08 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner2013
I like this! Well put. Your thoughts here remind me of when I worked in the mental health field prior to becoming a stay at home mom for my son.

I worked for a year with people w chronic mental illness, specifically schizophrenia, schizoaffective and bi-polar.

I found that most of them were HIGHLY intelligent and rational when taking their medication. But I also realized in counseling them that they had no “veil”, either by heredity or trauma. They could not filter out other planes of reality.

Often depending upon their mind frames and personalities, they would experience illusions or entities that correlated to their dispositions. For example, one very kind and loving client would experience helpful spirits. Another client who was severely abused in childhood would experience harmful, evil type spirits.

I learned from that experience that some of us do not have a veil, some of us do, but either way—we attract our experiences based on our thoughts.

I actually suspect some so called psychotics and schizophrenics are psychically gifted people. They can perceive beyond the veil. And some of them are harassed by entities (in the form of voices, for example). Maybe all mental illness has to do with the soul and not the brain. The "chemical imbalance" paradigm of psychiatry is quackery in all likelihood. And the side effects of the medication given to these patients is harmful (it actually decreases their IQ / shrinks their brain in the long term).
Old 30-12-2018, 09:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by David mc
I was just wandering after reading several books on astral travel ,do the people there know there actually dead and that they are eternal? and has anyone directly talked to a being in astral travel about this?
In thousands of projections and hours spent in the astral I've never once seen a deceased Human spirit. I've seen thousands of beings taking the form of Humans, but they certainly are not Human nor have they ever been. It's more of a mental illusion either created by our own consciousness to protect us from seeing something we shouldn't, or wouldn't want to. Or it's an illusion created by the beings to make us feel as though we're with Humans. But I can say without a shadow of a doubt they are not Humans. The dimensions we're most likely to project into due to locality (the parallel spiritual dimensions on Earth that our spiritual bodies exist while we are alive) are not inhabited by the souls of deceased Humans. You probably wouldn't like to know what they are inhabited by though.

That is the whole point of the tunnel of light, the portal, etc. that most people see during NDEs. It takes them from the astral dimensions parallel to our physical dimension into the after-life dimensions. Could you travel to those dimensions? Possibly. But bare in mind when a projection begins you will be in your spiritual body in the realm it exists, which is not the after-life dimensions. So you'd somehow have to either travel there, or get teleported there by another being and/or group of beings. People living in the after-life dimensions generally don't venture back into the parallel spiritual dimensions simply because of what exists in them. The light doesn't mingle in the darkness, although it does go there on occasion but only for a very good reason.
Old 01-01-2019, 06:57 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
You probably wouldn't like to know what they are inhabited by though.

What are they inhabited by? I would like to know.