Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 27-11-2018, 12:09 PM
Newbie ;)

Gut Instinct

An experience I had in my early to mid teens.

Walking to the school bus in the morning. Stopped at the local store on the way, because it had begun to rain. I had some time to wait it out before bus came about another ten minutes walk further up the road.

As I got under cover a car pulled up, facing me and only a few metres away. It had my attention. I was looking at the driver thinking that I could feel his attention/awareness was on me even though he was trying hard not to show it, largely by appearing to be reading the paper.

I in turn had to pretend I wasn't fixated on him although my heart had begun to race.
I am still amazed and pleased with how I handled this situation.

After a few minutes I decided I will walk calmly to the end of the wooden fence at end of car park and then bolt behind what was a veterinary clinic in those days, to effectively disappear. I told myself if the man motioned to put his paper down when I moved, then this was a confirmation of what I thought was going on.

Of course he did. All I remember is being behind the veterinary building and peering out seeing this bloke driving and looking for me. He was confused as to where I had gone. I outsmarted him thank goodness.
I shudder to think how close I may have been to having been kidnapped.

I am interested in others experiences, as well as any info on what abilities I was using to get me out of that situation safely.

Cheers
Old 27-11-2018, 06:42 PM
Master

Playing devil's advocate, I have to raise the possibility that the man in the car was simply going about his own business. Perhaps he was reading the paper waiting for someone else, and then he wondered if he was in the right place so he drove around looking for confirmation.

It is easy to project our own fears onto the activities of other people, and we interpret their actions according to our own beliefs.

Having said that, your gut instincts may well have been correct, and by acting calmly and following your inner guidance you avoided a potentially nasty situation.

We all have to learn to follow our inner guidance. Sometimes this is just a vague feeling of unease, other times this can be loud and clear. I've read cases where people are driving along a road and as they approach a bend a voice clearly says to slow right down. They do slow down and as they turn the bend they find a person or some obstruction in the middle of the road.

Some might call this the voice of a guardian angel, others might say it is the voice of the Higher Self. We need to learn to listen to this voice, even when there is no logical reason to do something or to change our plans.

Peace.
Old 27-11-2018, 07:32 PM
Knower
Trust your gut feelings at all times.