Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 11-03-2013, 05:20 PM
Master
Your comments about letting go of the past are very good, Silent. I'm a Reiki-ist. I've experienced a huge amount of letting go - and I'm glad and grateful for it. I've experienced what I'd call 'the painful past' dissolving, and the dissipation of confusion. I help other people in that process. And more recently I've experienced Reconnective healing - which in my experience goes even further in removing the impacts of the past. So I agree with you, and not simply on the basis of 'what sounds reasonable' to the surface intellect.

Yet my question came from a slightly different angle. It's the topic of the importance of intuition in preventing abuse or harm (for instance, to oneself and one's family).
Old 11-03-2013, 06:40 PM
Master
I've had several instances in the past where the proverbial play outs of drama have occured just outside and around me and have ever seen within these events where the dramatists have seen me and somehow decided that I'm not willing to participate and carry on but without including me... The first few times it surprised me and I couldn't understand why I wasn't involved even though I knew I didn't want to be involved.

But then again I've also, somewhat less, gone into drama but realised soon enough that it was going somewhere I didn't want to be involved in and have been able to acheive a perspective that allows that part of me that might defend myself to not be there.

What I think about this is that love isn't something we do first, it'll come naturally and grow at it's own rate, hold out like a banner of our intentions... because if we do then it'll be tested for it's validity, it's depth, and this is those unforeseen ramifications of that putting forth an idea from the head if it isn't fully in the heart.

Yet another instance of the cart before the horse. I like to think that love requires that preparation to come into the world... that young love needs protection and a wariness of drama to be kept away, and doesn't need or want to be a strength to cure the ills of the world.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Interesting
Yet another instance of the cart before the horse. I like to think that love requires that preparation to come into the world... that young love needs protection and a wariness of drama to be kept away, and doesn't need or want to be a strength to cure the ills of the world.
Good insights. Thanks, Mr. Interesting.

You don't feel that love and a real sensed connection to Source can co-exist in a person along with insight & intuition as to the character of the people one meets? (Just trying to get clearer on how you are presenting the management of your own life.)
Old 11-03-2013, 08:24 PM
Ivy

What a fabulous post...for me. This is perhaps the greatest hurdle that I face. I wrote a thread about personal ethics that addresses some of the issues.

I see the beauty in everyone and I understand the abuse I've experienced in a bigger picture...I see its lessons and am wholly grateful for the richness of my lives.

But at the moment I'm not quite sure how to live practically. I recognise my inability to create sustainable limits in interpersonal relationships. But the karma that brought me those experiences has passed...and I only have the learning of my past socially.

Emotionally I have let it go, but where is my guide now? no emotional guide, no understanding of 'normal' in relationships, the vision of the spirit within everyone. And little experience of beauty or genuine (unconditional) love showing on the outside.

People have mentioned intuition...and yet, a spiritual understanding of intuition can lead us into danger when that is where the transformative energy can be found.

Are fear and absolute trust one in the same?
Old 11-03-2013, 09:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadows
But at the moment I'm not quite sure how to live practically. I recognise my inability to create sustainable limits in interpersonal relationships. But the karma that brought me those experiences has passed...and I only have the learning of my past socially.
"...I only have the learning of my past socially." Meaning that you feel you've arrived only at social learning??? (rather than something else? such as???)

Quote:
People have mentioned intuition...and yet, a spiritual understanding of intuition can lead us into danger when that is where the transformative energy can be found.
Not quite clear on what you're saying here. But I do feel there are several things that people use the term "intuition" for:
1. Filling in a picture formed by partial facts... a kind of overall pattern perception. You have the info of the senses and reason, but not enough info - but a picture snaps into place.
2. A feeling about or a hunch about something for which you have little or no information (more of a "psychic" sense of things).
3. "Intuition" about your soul (or of the cosmos) and its deep creative Source.

Quote:
Are fear and absolute trust one in the same?
Are you saying that "fear" and "prudence" are exactly the same?

I think of fear as pure emotion, and prudence as being informed by knowledge (some of which may come from the first two sorts of intuition I mentioned above).

But, yeah... prudence may be different from "absolute trust" in Source. That's kind of what we're tossing aroud in this thread.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:37 PM
Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanemon
"...I only have the learning of my past socially." Meaning that you feel you've arrived only at social learning??? (rather than something else? such as???)

No, meaning that in a practical and literal sense of how to interact in social situations, I find it difficult, because although I realise that my interactions in some circumstances are somewhat dysfunctional, I am yet to understand how to interact more healthily.

Quote:
Not quite clear on what you're saying here. But I do feel there are several things that people use the term "intuition" for:
1. Filling in a picture formed by partial facts... a kind of overall pattern perception. You have the info of the senses and reason, but not enough info - but a picture snaps into place.
2. A feeling about or a hunch about something for which you have little or no information (more of a "psychic" sense of things).

People use the word intuition for many meanings. My intuition in the scenatio I'm talking about is both 2 and 3. What I mean is the intuition that something will be painful...yet the inner knowing that this is something you need to experience.

Quote:

I think of fear as pure emotion, and prudence as being informed by knowledge (some of which may come from the first two sorts of intuition I mentioned above).

I don't relate to prudence.

Quote:
But, yeah... prudence may be different from "absolute trust" in Source. That's kind of what we're tossing aroud in this thread.

It is absolute trust in source that takes away the need for prudence. My ponderance was, is fear and the trust that negates it one in the same?
Old 11-03-2013, 09:52 PM
Master
Quote:
I don't relate to prudence.
Okay. Well, on another thread on this forum, I mentioned something I remembered from a book someone loaned me once... and it was about how what we call "fear" may sometimes be be wise. Are you familiar with Krishnamurti (a.k.a. Jiddhu Krishnamurti)? He was a well-known spiritual teacher of the 20th century. The book had a transcribed dialogue between him and someone who asked him about fears. And Krishnamurti, who generally counselled people to get beyond their fears, asked: "Is it fear to jump back when you see you are about to step on a rattlesnake, or is it intelligence?" (implying that this sort of prudence is actually intelligence)
Old 12-03-2013, 12:12 AM
Master
Quote:

Prudence is why we lock our cars or be careful about who looks after our children.
Old 12-03-2013, 04:03 AM
missrachel300

I believe it is wise to look at your fears and decide weather they are serving your best interest or not. All fears are not made equal. Some protect you, some hold you back.
Old 12-03-2013, 04:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by missrachel300
I believe it is wise to look at your fears and decide weather they are serving your best interest or not. All fears are not made equal. Some protect you, some hold you back.

I guess one has to discern between prudence and being rational and fear which creates disharmony in our lives.