Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 20-04-2018, 12:58 PM
Seeker

Online Tarot Death Card

If I may allow myself to begin with the following statement...

Prior to 4-18-18, I had never done tarot. If I'm completely honest with myself, I still have a hard time digesting this concept. But there always tends to be a but. And why should I be any different? Over this hell-on-earth that I can only refer to as the last 8 months of my life, there are 3 things that stand out. 3 things that have sent me on this path that I DID NOT CHOOSE TO GO DOWN! (dramatic pause....) 3 things that pulled me away from a seemingly inevitable stop at Atheism (maybe I was already at that point.) Not going to go into that here, but for a while there, I was praying to the "universal power" or "god" (depending on the day) I don't talk to these spirits as much anymore, even thought they have specifically answered questions (usually answered though the first song I would randomly play after a talk) I have reasons for this as well... These days, my intuition has developed this tendency to scare me with foresight, I'm beginning to dislike things I used to love and the numbers still have me believing I'm going insane... even though I'm on the knifes edge, I'm trying to go with the flow of life and allow my life to develop naturally.

Anyways...So I've been dealing with a rather difficult situation and my gut intuition told me to tarot. So I went online and found this online yes or no tarot. It layed out a bunch of cards in a fan pattern and told me to think about my question and pick a card. I did this twice and was surprised at the possible accuracy, so I checked out the sites Daily tarot. This concept of a tarot card telling you about your day. So when I drew my card I wound up with the Death card (gray background) not reversed. Apparently this is supposed to symbolize the end of something significant, correct? So there is something really major going on in my life right now. And I've felt since all this began (8 months now) that the universe has been pushing me towards this certain fait or destiny. I've been fighting this "push" for 8 months now and I feel as though it has only gotten stronger.

... ANyways. so I got the death card which according to this site, on a daily tarot, its supposed to indicate a death (end) of a something major...yet nothing happened (that I'm aware of)
Old 20-04-2018, 03:43 PM
Knower
I can relate to what you wrote for backstory. I always thought Astrology and Tarot were COMPLETE hooey... until 2010-2011 when my life blew up to such a crazy degree and when I stumbled into Astrology/Tarot they were giving me clear answers to what/why that was happening.

Yes, I would read the Death card as transformation, the death of one thing so that the birth of something new can occur. This could be an event still to take place, or it may be the "death" of your old way of thinking?
Old 20-04-2018, 04:58 PM
55Degrees

For me, the statement,
Quote:
3 things that have sent me on this path that I DID NOT CHOOSE TO GO DOWN!
is quite telling. Even though you state you're trying to go with the flow, the statement is worded with a sense of resistance.
The Death card represents endings, finality, shifting from one stage of being to another that cannot be reversed. You did not chose this particular path but death is the only thing we cannot avoid.
I'd say you're getting a strong message that whatever resistance you still feel about this path needs to be released, you need to 'move on'.
I don't know the deck you used but in RWS the image (here http://www.learntarot.com/bigjpgs/maj13.jpg) shows 2 figures kneeling and accepting death. The third stands, hands in prayer, almost pleading for death to spare him (which it won't). Who is going to suffer more at the hands of Death, those accepting him or the one resisting?
Either way, your path has changed and the message behind the card is, it's going to be less painful to accept it.
Major arcana cards do not always point to 'major' changes so please don't get hung up on expecting something huge or highly significant. Think of them more as things that take place internally.
Old 20-04-2018, 05:58 PM
Master

transformation. endings transform you from one thing that dies into another.
If could be physical, emotonal or physcologial.

an ending brings transformation.
Old 24-04-2018, 01:37 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces_Moon
For me, the statement, is quite telling. Even though you state you're trying to go with the flow, the statement is worded with a sense of resistance.

Resistance? Very much so. I don't WANT to believe in all this supernatural meets power-of-will stuff mixed with some universal power calling the shots...

My life was going smooth... well, as smooth as I could have planned it until...
... Tbh I'm not sure which came first, the numbers or the person... At this point it may not matter. But the 11:11 1:11 3:33 and my Siren showed up about a week after I watched a breath takingly beautiful, big as a quarter held at arms length, seemgly unreported, fireball burn across the entire lenghth of my windshield. Fall '17