Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 16-10-2018, 04:58 PM
Experiencer

For Shivani

God is about science and not about Vaishnaivt or Shaivat.

Creation proceeds with nuclear fusion reactions that are led by Vishnu series of Gods and annihilation proceeds with nuclear fission reactions that are monitored by Shiva series of Gods. Hence they are both equal.

What you people are discussing is a literary bla bla bla. Instead you can take up 2 years Masters Degree Course in Spiritual Science and become a self realized souls.
Old 16-10-2018, 09:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPVerma
For Shivani

God is about science and not about Vaishnaivt or Shaivat.

Creation proceeds with nuclear fusion reactions that are led by Vishnu series of Gods and annihilation proceeds with nuclear fission reactions that are monitored by Shiva series of Gods. Hence they are both equal.

What you people are discussing is a literary bla bla bla. Instead you can take up 2 years Masters Degree Course in Spiritual Science and become a self realized souls.
If it were only that easy to get a "Degree in Moksha", more people would be doing it.
Old 25-10-2018, 10:25 PM
Guide
To me it's quite simple.

God is the Universe. We are the Universe. We are God.

I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.

Destiny is not the path given to us - but the path we choose for ourselves.

Current resources:
Tom Campbell: Ultimate Reality www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv-XCff4_I

Currently reading:
Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: Alan Watts
A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking
Old 25-10-2018, 10:43 PM
Master
Some are God themselves...while others aren't even the dust under God's feet.
Old 25-10-2018, 11:14 PM
Guide
*checks under feet for dust*

I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.

Destiny is not the path given to us - but the path we choose for ourselves.

Current resources:
Tom Campbell: Ultimate Reality www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv-XCff4_I

Currently reading:
Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: Alan Watts
A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking
Old 25-10-2018, 11:39 PM
Master
I just woke up...and my brain is way too foggy for Theosophy right now..but that has never stopped me before...

So, another may say "I am God"
I will say "I am not God" (and of course a humble devotee will say that)
So, the other will say "yes, you are... because we are ALL God"
Which always leaves me thinking "Why don't people just say "we are ALL God" to start with? Wherefore does the need arise to personalise it with the "I"?
Then, the "I" (which is my ego) wonders...is the ego also God? and if so, anybody can say "I am God" until such times as the ego is dropped.
I once met a man called Jesus Christ...in a lunatic asylum...Just don't ask me what I was doing there. LOL
So, if I am God... and you are God...and we are God together...I wonder if we can get Barney the Godly Dinosaur to put a tune to that?
For now, I will respect the human rights of another to be God...while I will keep God and my Ego self separate, because it makes for some untold and incredible blissful experiences.
Old 26-11-2018, 03:50 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Rider_1970
To me it's quite simple.

God is the Universe. We are the Universe. We are God.

Well put.
Old 15-12-2018, 03:35 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Rider_1970
God is the Universe.

God = eternally existent, finite, occupied Space Uni-V-erse.

There is no reason/purpose for the God/Universe existence

The metaphysical-1, mind/intellect God exists as placebo effect for some people. Placebo effect has been shown in some lab experiements to be effective 10% of time

Each individual will have their own set of reasons --or not-- for the existence of the existence of their conceptual God.

1} helps them to find order from what appears to them to be an environment of disorder,

2} to be accepted in a community of shared believers specifially defined God, see myriad of differrent relgions,

3} because their have not been able to find truth in these regards are happy to go along with the conditioning passed onto them by their parents and perhaps their religous peers,

4} pagan local and special-case gods of river, air, sun, moon, etc.

" G "od > God > god

" G " od = Most inclusive set of metaphysical-1 God and God/Uni-V-erse and local special-case gods{ small g }
`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ````

Space ( )-------------------------------------------------------------

Reality /\/\/..............SPACE(>*<)(>*<)SPACE......................
Space )(---------------------------------------------------------------

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 14-01-2019, 02:18 PM
Master

If I may chime in, this is a topic I've long been interested in. With a bit of research it becomes obvious that the various gods that existed all over the ancient world had common roots.

E.g. the god that Christians worship is not actually Yahweh, the Jewish God, but rather Zeus/Jupiter, who even according to mainstream scholars is the same as Indra (think about the Long white beard, above the clouds, white robes, golden throne, commanding storms and throwing lightning bolts are mortals that displease him. Clearly, "God" is Zeus. Also, the roots for Deity, Theist, Atheist are all Deus, which in itself comes from Zeus).

Durga is the Same goddess as Ishtar/Aphrodite/Venus. There are many other examples, which is not surprising, since the Indo-Europeans were essentially a Vedic culture, who shared the same language, religion and culture thousands of years ago.

Another aspect I find interesting, is that The Devas were Hindu gods and the Asuras Hindu demons (or Titans, to use the Greek word), but in ancient Persia it was the other way round, The Asuras were considered gods and the Devas demons.

A similar "demonisation" of gods took place in the Middle East where formerly respected Gods became Goetic demons in Christianity, such as Baal becoming the Demon Belial or Beelzebub.

My own feeling is that gods are simply intelligent forces of nature that we choose to antropomorphise to better understand and interact with them. That we name the various planets and "heavenly" objects after various ancient gods is a clear indication of this subconscious bias.
Old 14-01-2019, 03:20 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Angel1 SPACE(>*<) i (>*<)SPACE

Space ( )----------------------- positive shaped ----.--( Gravity )----------contractive force

Observed Reality /\/\/............................SPACE(>*<) i (>*<)SPACE...................^v^v

Space )(------------------------- negative shaped ) Dark Energy ( ----------repulsive force

* * Simple Consciousness aka twoness aka awareness

* * Biological bilateral consciousness aka nervous system

* i * Complex biological bilateral consciousness includes metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concepts ergo ego i

I = nacrccistic ego adult babies

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman